PDA

View Full Version : Joey Porter Fined 3 Paychecks

tony hipchest
07-19-2007, 06:54 PM
:jawdrop: for making levi jones his little biatch, but will not be suspended.

joey, youre a rich, rich, man now, and i know it was worth every penny. :thumbsup: (although the fine seems a bit excessive).

good job by goodell by not over reacting.

now lets see those tears bunglefans. :crying01: :binky:

Atlanta Dan
07-19-2007, 07:17 PM
This tees up a 1 year suspension for Vick.

tony hipchest
07-19-2007, 07:40 PM
This tees up a 1 year suspension for Vick.you gotta think so

adam schefter reported that this fine of porter will amount to one of the largest the nfl has EVER handed out. :jawdrop:

thats more than the fine ray lewis got. like schefter said, couple this with the $100,000 fine urlacher got for wearing a hat, and a message is clearly being sent.

Preacher
07-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Off-field antics...

I could see two paychecks... However, I am glad that it is going to hurt a bit. I definitely hope that it teaches a lesson.

however, that was JUST FOR A PUNCH. So I will be watching what happens to Pacman... half the Bengals, etc. who have done MUCH worse.

CantStop85
07-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the No Fun League ladies and gentlemen.

I'm predicting a 6-game suspension for Chad Johnson doing a TD celebration this season.

Preacher
07-19-2007, 08:14 PM

I'm predicting a 6-game suspension for Chad Johnson doing a TD celebration this season.

Good.

He should act like a professional.

Seriously... No Fun League? When players are committing crimes, they should be fined, suspended, etc. It has nothing to do with fun. It has everything to do with decency.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-19-2007, 08:27 PM

Since when is breaking the law part of what a football player does on the field?

I guess you thought it was "fun" when half of your team was arrested?"Fun" when the bouncer got shot and paralyzed?"Fun" when Tank Johnson's house was raided for illegal firearms?

tony hipchest
07-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Off-field antics...

I could see two paychecks... However, I am glad that it is going to hurt a bit. I definitely hope that it teaches a lesson.

however, that was JUST FOR A PUNCH. So I will be watching what happens to Pacman... half the Bengals, etc. who have done MUCH worse.when you compare porters fine for receiving a $1000 ticket and ray lewis' fine for standing trial and being accused of murder, you almost have to look at paul tagliabue as an enabler, for the NFL to find itself in the situation it is today with a growing public perception that the league is filled with thugs.

after all, mike vick has got to be thinking "if ray lewis can be an accessory to 2 men laying murdered in the streets and get off with just a $125,000 fine, i can risk killing some dogs and making some extra cash on the side (not to mention give my 3 homies a "job")."

goodell is pretty much exposing what a lax job tagliabue was doing, despite the fact that many thought he was such a great commish. sure he created a cash cow (or perhaps a golden calf).

but throwing all that cash at the thugs he was enabling has only proven to exacerbate a growing problem that has always lied under the surface.

i wonder how tagliabues immediate induction into the hall of fame is looking these days. :huh:

anyone think his 3 little monsters (henry, pacman, and vick) will be there to present him with the yellow jacket?

RoethlisBURGHer
07-19-2007, 08:43 PM
when you compare porters fine for receiving a $1000 ticket and ray lewis' fine for standing trial and being accused of murder, you almost have to look at paul tagliabue as an enabler, for the NFL to find itself in the situation it is today with a growing public perception that the league is filled with thugs.

after all, mike vick has got to be thinking "if ray lewis can be an accessory to 2 men laying murdered in the streets and get off with just a $125,000 fine, i can risk killing some dogs and making some extra cash on the side (not to mention give my 3 homies a "job")."

goodell is pretty much exposing what a lax job tagliabue was doing, despite the fact that many thought he was such a great commish. sure he created a cash cow (or perhaps a golden calf).

but throwing all that cash at the thugs he was enabling has only proven to exacerbate a growing problem that has always lied under the surface.

i wonder how tagliabues immediate induction into the hall of fame is looking these days. :huh:

anyone think his 3 little monsters (henry, pacman, and vick) will be there to present him with the yellow jacket?

Very good points....Tags is looking more like an enabler with Goodell in the office now.

And don't forget Rae Carruth...I don't think he was suspended while on trial...and if he was found not guilty I am sure Tags would have happily let him keep playing if he was suspended.

The NFL under Tagliabue was one of massive wealth...and massive egos.Under him the egos grew,he just fed them.Pocket change fines for celebrations,pocket change fines for breaking the law,a ton of domestic violence and DUI's under Tag's watch.

Jman
07-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Off-field antics..... half the Bengals, etc.

:sofunny:

ChronoCross
07-19-2007, 09:28 PM
With Porters base pay only being 800 thousand this season, its not a bad deal, now if would be making 5mil this season then it would be a bigger deal.. They will not touch his bonus.

X-Terminator
07-19-2007, 09:37 PM

:jawdrop:

You know, somebody really needs to give your head a good shake. Maybe then you'll realize what you just said/implied.

stillers4me
07-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Obviously, CS85 is not the father of teenage girls, or doesn't mind drunken and stoned drivers on the roads with his family. Henry was picked up that one time within a couple of miles to where my son and his family lives.

Preacher
07-19-2007, 09:44 PM

You know, somebody really needs to give your head a good shake. Maybe then you'll realize what you just said/implied.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Preacher
07-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Obviously, CS85 is not the father of teenage girls, or doesn't mind drunken and stoned drivers on the roads with his family. Henry was picked up that one time within a couple of miles to where my son and his family lives.

You know....

The more I think about it, I think that CS85 didn't really mean to imply what he did. He doesn't seem the type to do that. I think when he re-reads this thread, he is going to realize what his post ACTUALLY said, and what he MEANT it to say...

CantStop85
07-19-2007, 10:37 PM

And obviously my comment is being taken out of context. The comment I made was made in reference to Joey Porter being fined 3 paychecks for the scuffle with Levi Jones. With Goodell's strict attitude I am only implying what on-field circumstances could develop in the future.

Atlanta Dan
07-19-2007, 10:46 PM
when you compare porters fine for receiving a $1000 ticket and ray lewis' fine for standing trial and being accused of murder, you almost have to look at paul tagliabue as an enabler, for the NFL to find itself in the situation it is today with a growing public perception that the league is filled with thugs.

If three games pay is what Porter's conduct draws the sky is the limit for felony convictions.

Vick should have committed his crimes in Atlanta and been prosecuted by Fulton County DA Paul Howard, the chucklehead who indicted Ray Ray for murder and then pleaded him out to a wrist slap for attempted obstruction of the investigation.

It is too bad for Vick that his conduct took place in a jurisdiction where DA Poindexter was such an obvious joke that the feds had to come in and take over the investigation; always better to take your chances with a local DA than go to court against the varsity.

SteelCityMan786
07-19-2007, 10:48 PM

100,000 dollar fine to.

Tankus_Maximus
07-19-2007, 11:33 PM

:thumbsup:

Rack him!!

SteelCityMan786
07-20-2007, 12:05 AM
If three games pay is what Porter's conduct draws the sky is the limit for felony convictions.

Vick should have committed his crimes in Atlanta and been prosecuted by Fulton County DA Paul Howard, the chucklehead who indicted Ray Ray for murder and then pleaded him out to a wrist slap for attempted obstruction of the investigation.

It is too bad for Vick that his conduct took place in a jurisdiction where DA Poindexter was such an obvious joke that the feds had to come in and take over the investigation; always better to take your chances with a local DA than go to court against the varsity.

1/2 season would have been his suspension. Now since it's a felony, it's at least 6 years.

Buzz05
07-20-2007, 06:50 AM
Very good points....Tags is looking more like an enabler with Goodell in the office now.

And don't forget Rae Carruth...I don't think he was suspended while on trial...and if he was found not guilty I am sure Tags would have happily let him keep playing if he was suspended.

The NFL under Tagliabue was one of massive wealth...and massive egos.Under him the egos grew,he just fed them.Pocket change fines for celebrations,pocket change fines for breaking the law,a ton of domestic violence and DUI's under Tag's watch.

I was just going to say that. Ray Carruth's actions far excede that of anyone that has gotten in trouble in the NFL. And he was stupid at that....hiding in a trunk, please. Tags did the right thing with that situation. But that was one of the few. Do you think if Ray Ray stood trial as an accomplice to murder now Roger would let him play that year...or the next year for that matter. No. Tags was a good business man and made the leage the premier sports leage in the nation and is recognized all over the world. But as a disciplinarian...he blew. He was more worried about the product on the field then he was the perception people had of its players. Roger knows that if he suspends a star for something, the talent is deep enough in this league that someone is going to step in and fill that void. So Roger is cracking down the law and making the players realize...you screw up...you sit down.