PDA

View Full Version : Mamaduck had migrated.....

Mamaduck43
07-19-2007, 09:27 PM
I have been living in Hawaii for 25+ years, but I am in the process of moving to Colorado Springs..... I will be looking for a good Steeler bar in the area - - I am living in the Skyway area in the SW part of town......

Any help will be appreciated.....

I already have tickets for the Steelers Bronco game in October, and can't wait!!!!! I have some long time friends in this area who will be rooting for the wrong team and the Smacktalk has already begun...... It is fun!!!!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Try checking out steelcitymafia.com. They have a list of Steeler friendly bars.

Newzfoxjr
07-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Nice, I live in Pueblo. =o

Unfortunately I have no idea where a good Steeler bar is, but I wish you the best of luck in finding one...! :D

fansince'76
07-20-2007, 08:50 AM
I live in Denver and am not too familiar with any Steelers' bars in the Springs - however, I did find one listed here: http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/steelerbars_list.asp#Colorado

Overtime Sports Bar & Grill at 2809 Dublin Blvd, Co Spgs, CO.

If you ever feel like driving up to Denver (about 60 miles north of the Springs), I often go to Pitchers in Aurora (1670 S. Chambers Road).

Jman
07-20-2007, 08:53 AM
I have been living in Hawaii for 25+ years, but I am in the process of moving to Colorado Springs..... I will be looking for a good Steeler bar in the area - - I am living in the Skyway area in the SW part of town......

Any help will be appreciated.....

I already have tickets for the Steelers Bronco game in October, and can't wait!!!!! I have some long time friends in this area who will be rooting for the wrong team and the Smacktalk has already begun...... It is fun!!!!

Poor man - I've heard even the mall has Broncos flags on their light posts. "We're not in Steelers Country anymore...."

Although I can't go against the Broncos too much; my uncle coaches their TEs.

Mamaduck43
07-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the info - - - I hope I get better TV scheduling than we had in Hawaii.... It will be nice to have lunchtime games rather than Breakfast games.... I always felt a bit guilty eyeing the brew so early in the morning.....

Can't wait for the season to start!!!!!!

tony hipchest
07-20-2007, 08:10 PM
too bad you have to leave hawaii mamaduck, but from what i remember your daughter lives in the springs, right?

hope it all works out well. i spent 2 summers and 2 christmas breaks in the springs. i absolutely loved it. if i ever had to live "up north" thats about as far as i would want to go.

anyways welcome back stateside and remember... its always 12:00 somewhere :cheers:

Mamaduck43
07-22-2007, 02:14 PM
too bad you have to leave hawaii mamaduck, but from what i remember your daughter lives in the springs, right?

hope it all works out well. i spent 2 summers and 2 christmas breaks in the springs. i absolutely loved it. if i ever had to live "up north" thats about as far as i would want to go.

anyways welcome back stateside and remember... its always 12:00 somewhere :cheers:

Thanks, Tony - - - When I lived in your town, we made a couple of trips to the Springs - - if I remember correctly, it took about 9 hours...... If you get up this way, be sure to yell!!!!

HometownGal
07-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey lady - welcome back!!! :cheers: Good to see your font around here! :smile:

Good luck with the move and I hope you are as happy in Colorado Springs as you seemed to be in Hawaii! :thumbsup:

Mamaduck43
07-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Hey lady - welcome back!!! :cheers: Good to see your font around here! :smile:

Good luck with the move and I hope you are as happy in Colorado Springs as you seemed to be in Hawaii! :thumbsup:

I am usually happy wherever I may be - - - - I lived here in the Springs many years ago, and I think that it is the one place on the mainland that I really fell in love with when I was here..... I love the mountains and the weather and the fact that I have deer, foxes and other wildlife right outside of my apartment...... It is a heck of a lot cheaper to live here, too.......

And I don't have to deal with that dang airplane ride to get from point A to point B.......

tony hipchest
07-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks, Tony - - - When I lived in your town, we made a couple of trips to the Springs - - if I remember correctly, it took about 9 hours...... If you get up this way, be sure to yell!!!!yep, about 9 hrs (although with the speed limits raised im sure its less now) i made the trip 4 times. the raton-trinidad-pueblo portion is really nice (especially if youre a desert rat).

i stayed on the north side of the springs (5-10 miles from the academy). when i think "heartland of america" i think of that area. no offense to the midwest but you need the rockies to be the heartland.

Preacher
07-24-2007, 02:51 AM
Hope you enjoy your new state...

I know it will be weird for you to watch football at a different time... I just had to readjust after moving from the Eastern time to Pacific time!!

Good luck with Bronco fans as well...

I had many years routing for the Seahawks (grew up in Washington state, though I ALWAYS claimed the Steelers as my first team!). I grew to HATE the Broncos!

Mamaduck43
08-05-2007, 01:31 PM
yep, about 9 hrs (although with the speed limits raised im sure its less now) i made the trip 4 times. the raton-trinidad-pueblo portion is really nice (especially if youre a desert rat).

Come to think of it - - when I made it in 9 hours, I got pulled over in a speed trap near Pueblo!!!! 95 in a 70 zone - - - Hey, I was much younger then, and thought I knew everything!!!!!! Dang cops take your license and you have to follow them to the nearest mailbox and they stand there and watch you write the check for the $$$$$ and when you drop it into the mailbox, they give you your license back.......

I have already had to deal with some nasty Bronco fans - - but I am tough - - I can handle!!!!!!