PDA

View Full Version : Week2 Spread bets.

Livinginthe past
09-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Howdy Sports fans,

Went 3 for 4 last week to put a little more hard currency in the cash-4-beer fund.

Of course the only mistake I made was a fairly large one - picking the Titans at +7!

Ok onto Week 2. My Picks In CAPS.

DETRIOT (-1) @ Bears -

As hopeless as Detriot can be on the road I think they have enough talent to overcome a good Bears D simply because the Bears cant score - Orton may well turn out to be an excellent QB but he isn't one right now and doesn't have the depth in offensive talent to ease the growing pains.

Falcons @ SEAHAWKS (-1) -

Having watched the crazy antics of Michael Vick on MNF I haven't seen him address any of his weaknesses - over-reliance on the run/ not reading past the 1st receiver, absolutely no finesse on passes - its a 'rocket from the pocket' or nothing with this guy - one big hit and he could be out for a substantial amount of time.

Seahawks have too much Offense and wont get dragged into a the gangwarfare that the Eagles allowed themselves to be punked into last week.

CHEIFS (+1) @ Raiders

The Cheifs finally got the message and invested in some D worthy of the title. With a one-two punch in the backfield I cant see the Oakland Offense (as dangerous as it looks) getting hardly any playing time.

PATRIOTS (-3) @ Panthers

Bet I surprised you all with this one eh?

I like the Panthers (my favourite NFC team) and they way they play the game - the way they dont let injuries and bad fortune grind them down - but losing Kris Jenkins will allow Dillon a little too much freedom and as a result Brady will do much damage with play-action out of the 2TE set.

If anyone has any thoughts on these feel free to add them - and any other 'sure-fire bets' that can help me add to 'the fund'

Cheers

NM

Suitanim
09-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Detroit is obvious, Falcons have to travel across country in a short week, so another no-brainer, and the Chefs will mop up the weak defensed Raiders.

The trendy thing is to say that Kris Jenkins departure dooms the Panthers, but the defense played well without him last year. Panthers play the same type of game the Pats do, and they won't drop to 0-2. I say Panthers in this one.

The lock of the week is Cleveland at Lambeau...Cleveland is an improved team, but defensively they will struggle for at least half a season, and there is just no way Favre (even with an offense depleted of Jevon Walker) repeats last weeks performance, or lack thereof. The Pack will win, and win big...

clevestinks
09-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Cleveland cannot tackle. They went to a 3-4 a little to early. You must have Linebackers first. DUH!

Suitanim
09-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Hey, I actually picked a couple games right for once! I was still way off on a couple others, but...

Livinginthe past
09-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Ya i got 2/4 not too bad would have taken 1/4 if it was the RIGHT one lol..oh well.

NM