PDA

View Full Version : Colt's Tarik Glenn To Retire?

Livinginthe past
07-21-2007, 05:41 PM
This is a bolt from the blue - PFT is hinting that its perhaps related to the massive contract Dwight Freeney just signed. Glenn has only one more year left on his contract and could be manoevering to get a new one.

Whatever the reason, its sounds like this is going to happen - suddenly Mannings blindside seems alot more vunerable.

Offensive tackle Tarik Glenn will not be back to help the Indianapolis Colts defend their Super Bowl title, according to several people close to the 10-year veteran, choosing instead to retire.

None of Glenn's teammates would confirm the decision publicly, and repeated attempts to reach Glenn were unsuccessful.
When asked to comment on his client's decision, agent Ralph Cindrich said any response would have to come from Glenn.
Colts coach Tony Dungy said earlier this week he recently talked with Glenn, but would not divulge the nature of the discussions. "Probably the best person to speak to on that is him,'' Dungy said.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070720/SPORTS03/707200535/1100

The Duke
07-21-2007, 05:51 PM
I wanted us to draft Tony Ugoh this year, seems like he'll replace tarik glenn now, he's a great player and will be a respectable replacement for a hard working veteran like glenn. Good luck to both of them.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Oh this is a blow to the Colts no doubt.....It makes the Tony Ugoh pick look so huge now as well for the Colts....I think Ugoh will be a fine player but he will experience some struggles and I can't wait to hear Golden Boy whine about some protection issues....lol

CantStop85
07-21-2007, 06:13 PM
If anything I think it's more of an attempt to get the colts to give him an extension. I can't see him retiring for a year and then coming back to play for another team just because of Freeney's deal. I think he'll be suiting up for Indy this season.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-22-2007, 02:04 AM
Looks like the Colts will have "protection problems" again.Payton just better sit out the game against Baltimore if he wants to live to see another game after that one.

revefsreleets
07-22-2007, 02:22 PM
The Colts are getting the first inklings of just how impossibly hard it is to repeat. I don't think they will fall as far or hard as the Steelers did, but they definitely won't be making any encores in Phoenix next year.