PDA

View Full Version : Porter welcomed???

jtdapit
07-23-2007, 09:41 AM
When porter returns to Heinz field this year, will he receive a welcome with cheering? Or a barrage of boos? Either way i think it would affect him. Coming home to cheers would make him miss it... make him feel good. Coming home to boos would make him hate himself for what he did. Either way i can't wait. Cause when he comes through the gates... I know i won't know what to do.

Jman
07-23-2007, 09:44 AM
He's no longer a Steeler...tough call...

jtdapit
07-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Right? But do we still praise him for all the years or boo him for leaving. Im stuck.

83-Steelers-43
07-23-2007, 09:50 AM
When I'm at the game, I'm definately not going to cheer him nor will I boo him. He's just another Dolphin player in my book. IMO, I don't think Porter really cares one way or the other if I boo him or cheer him. He's making his big bucks in Miami now. He's content.

alittlejazzbird
07-23-2007, 10:01 AM
When I'm at the game, I'm not going to cheer him or boo him. He's just another Dolphin player in my book. IMO, I don't think Porter really cares about how the fans in Heinz will welcome him. He's making his big bucks in Miami now. He's content.

Actually, 83, I think he might care just a little; whatever he thought of how his situation was handled by the organization, he loved being a Steeler and loved the craziness of the fans. If I were going to that game (oh, I WISH!), I would cheer for Peezy. Despite his extreme motormouth and the tendency to frequently stick his foot in that mouth, he backed it up with his play and I loved the fire that he brought to the team. He was a big part of the reason we were Super Bowl champs two seasons ago, and for that he will always have my appreciation, no matter where he plays.

83-Steelers-43
07-23-2007, 10:09 AM
He also has my appreciation. That's why I stated I will not boo him. But I find it very hard to cheer for a player on the opposing team. I don't care who it is. Franco Harris or Joey Porter. I'll save my cheers/voice for Timmons and Woodley. I showed Porter my appreciation over the last eight years by cheering him on and helping to pay his salary.

I still don't think Porter would care one way or the other if I cheered him or booed him, but to each their own.

memphissteelergirl
07-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Actually, 83, I think he might care just a little; whatever he thought of how his situation was handled by the organization, he loved being a Steeler and loved the craziness of the fans. If I were going to that game (oh, I WISH!), I would cheer for Peezy. Despite his extreme motormouth and the tendency to frequently stick his foot in that mouth, he backed it up with his play and I loved the fire that he brought to the team. He was a big part of the reason we were Super Bowl champs two seasons ago, and for that he will always have my appreciation, no matter where he plays.

:iagree:

The Duke
07-23-2007, 10:40 AM
There will definitely be a lot of haters booing out there, but if I was at the game I would do like 83 said

jtdapit
07-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Ok, well lets say this happens, gameday. joey has an interview with espn ( we know he will) and he says something like " Yeah there my home team but that doesnt mean anything, im not holding anything back, im gonna still be joey" would you still cheer? I would take my seat. thats about it.

07-23-2007, 10:54 AM
I would give him a standing ovation during the pre-game introductions. He has earned it; see 2005 divisional playoff game vs. Indy. But after that he is an opponent, and if he happened to sack Ben during the game, and got up and did his kick, I would then in turn, BOO him.

memphissteelergirl
07-23-2007, 11:10 AM
I would give him a standing ovation during the pre-game introductions. He has earned it; see 2005 divisional playoff game vs. Indy. But after that he is an opponent, and if he happened to sack Ben during the game, and got up and did his kick, I would then in turn, BOO him.

LOL...sounds reasonable to me!

RoethlisBURGHer
07-23-2007, 11:12 AM
If I were going to the game,I would cheer him during the introductions...give him a standing ovation.

However,once the game starts he'd be the enemy and I would boo him like crazy.Oh and if he sacks Ben he'll get it even worse.

I think Steelers fans realize he didn't leave,he was released.He had no choice in it,he was no longer a part of the Rooney's plans.

19ward86
07-23-2007, 11:26 AM
we left him, not the other way around.....

axeman7558
07-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Porter will be fired up for the Game, Willie better be able to pick him up when he blitzes or Ben's going on his ass. Joey Porter still has alot of Gas in his Tank.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-23-2007, 11:35 AM
I'll probably cheer him during the pregame but I cant help but boo during the action.

PalmerSteel
07-23-2007, 11:47 AM
knowing porter, he will be saying something before the game is played bad about the steelers, at least the week of the game, if not sooner. IMO, it will be something to make most fans at the game boo him.

ChronoCross
07-23-2007, 01:15 PM
When they step on the field in another uniform besides the beloved Black N Gold, they are the Enemy. There is not one cheer coming from me for Porter on are own home field.

ChronoCross
07-23-2007, 01:22 PM
So it has come to this. We have worked all night to cheese Porter and it is almost done. Porter Cheese Car. Porter you have been cheesed.

http://www.junkfoodnews.net/CHEESECAR-450.jpg

Avoid LLoyd1975
07-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Porter served his time as a Steeler well and he has moved on. Booing him will stir the excitement of the game and make things more interesting. Cheer him...really for what?

Black@Gold Forever32
07-23-2007, 02:40 PM
I still like Joey and I wish him well but I hope he has a terrible game vs the Steelers....lol I don't think Steelers fans should boo Joey Porter....He was a big reason why the Steelers went to Super Bowl XL and had a very productive Steeler career.....But I don't expect the Steeler Nation to cheer him when the Dolphins come to town...If you do then thats cool to but he is still the enemy now...... so I personally wouldn't cheer Joey during the game....Now in the introductions before the game I would clap and say still love you Joey.......

Livinginthe past
07-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Yeah, Steeler fans are gonna give him some props at the start - when the action starts he's just another guy trying to put one in the loss column for your team.

I think Porter will actually get alot of enegry from a booing crowd - his game is built on creating adversity for himelf - calling out other players etc

It should be a fun match up.

MACH1
07-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Why welcome him he's the enemy now, he's no longer a Steeler.

Preacher
07-23-2007, 02:48 PM
What I find interesting is that Tomlin looked over the tapes, and AGREED with cutting him.

What that means to me is that Tomlin also saw SOMETHING that told him Porter was expendable. Whether is was Harrison's play... A view that Porter's motor was starting to slow down a bit... or something.

CantStop85
07-23-2007, 03:42 PM
I assume that the media will pressure Porter into making some anti-steeler comments prior to the matchup, thus leading to more boo's and than cheers from the Steeler fans.

stlrtruck
07-23-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm going to the game and there is no way that I can cheer for Peezy being in a different uniform. I'll boo him just like any other dolphin. When he retires and signs the 1 day contract to retire a Steeler, then I'll cheer him once again!!!

jjpro11
07-23-2007, 04:30 PM
i can understand some of you who wont cheer or boo. but booing him in pregame or introductions is rather tasteless imo. yes i know.. he is a dolphin now, but its not like your cheering for him after a sack on ben. he gave everyone on here a lot of thrills and always defended his teammates, even if he went over the line at times. i liked him because of his intensity and passion while he was a steeler. he hated the browns, ravens and bengals as much as any of us and any other steeler. if i was there, id cheer during the intros.. but unfortunately, i do not have tickets.

anyways, my prediction is he will get a warm welcome. but once game time starts it will be completely different.

polamalufan43
07-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Well, I don't really know what will happen. As long as it's nothing major, then I'll be alright. Hopefully something with class, lol.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

rog
07-23-2007, 06:47 PM
The more boos Joey gets during introductions the better he will play. He has always played better when he's pissed. I'm kind of hoping he gets thrown out before the game like he did against the browns. He owes us for that one anyway.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-23-2007, 07:09 PM
The more boos Joey gets during introductions the better he will play. He has always played better when he's pissed. I'm kind of hoping he gets thrown out before the game like he did against the browns. He owes us for that one anyway.

Yeah it probably wont happen but I wanna see him and Foote start jawing befor the game.

SteelersMongol
07-23-2007, 08:24 PM
I won't be watching the game inside Heinz when the Phins come. But IF, IF I WAS THERE I would greet him cheerfully. And when game starts once, I would BOO him whenever he makes or tries to make a tackle on us. I think he might come back to us at the end of his career. Cuz he's black & gold bleeder.

nojobny
07-23-2007, 08:44 PM
I think he gets a cheer during intros. After that, all bets are off.

jtdapit
07-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Yeah it probably wont happen but I wanna see him and Foote start jawing befor the game.

Yeah dude. I would love to see that, buuuttttttt they'd problably just shake hands and talk.

SteelCityMan786
07-23-2007, 10:25 PM
THIS IS A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY BOOING SYSTEM!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Yeah dude. I would love to see that, buuuttttttt they'd problably just shake hands and talk.

Yeah the two of them are probably pretty good friends. It sems to me that they have similar personalities.

steelpride12
07-23-2007, 10:47 PM
he still has my respect i mean ya he is a loud mouth and always gets in trouble but he is still a great player and used to be a steeler so my respect goes out to him!

Counselor
07-24-2007, 09:37 AM
I hope you guys who are going to the game give him props in the intros. Lets be the classy fans we should be. He helped get that Lombardi trophy and left his heart on the field ever game. The Steelers cut him---although in the end it may have been the right move for both sides he doesn't deserve booing---until he sacks Ben---then it'd be OK.

ShutDown24
07-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Oh, he cares. Anyone who thinks he doesn't is (no offense) wrong. On the outside it might not seem like Joey is the kind of guy who would care. Mean, big and scary - add a never ending mouth to the mix and you've got a hard outside shell. But think about it, really think about it. Why was he the leader when he was here? It's because he is so emotional. His display at the Super Bowl parade shows that alone. I think he will get booed knowing Pittsburgh, but honestly - he left for more money than he was worth and he knew he was going to have to face Pittsburgh sooner or later when he insisted on so much money. Not saying he made a bad choice as far as his well being goes, just one with consequences.

WWIIOwheelz
07-30-2007, 12:24 AM
All it's going to take is one missed blocking assignment on him blitzing Ben, and the tone of this thread will change considerably.

He'll be fired up for the Steelers game, no doubt.

Kittyfish
07-30-2007, 10:50 AM
I have no idea what the fans at the Steelers/Dolphins game will do. Me, I will cheer for him and hope he does well when he's playing against any team BUT the Steelers. When he is playing the Steelers, I'll be wishing all kinds of bad luck on him and hating on him big-time. Just like I do for Randle El, who was also one of my (many) favorites while he was with us.

Either way, it will be interesting to see what happens when the time comes. Personally, I'll be wishing all sorts of evil on him for the day, and hope he plays the worst game of his career. We shall see.

Stlrs4Life
07-30-2007, 05:01 PM
When I'm at the game, I'm definately not going to cheer him nor will I boo him. He's just another Dolphin player in my book. IMO, I don't think Porter really cares one way or the other if I boo him or cheer him. He's making his big bucks in Miami now. He's content.

I agree. And I don't think Porter really cares either way.