PDA

View Full Version : Who Has The Hardest Job?

Elvis
07-23-2007, 07:13 PM
I was sitting here earlier thinking about this subject and thought it might make a good poll. Which coach or assistant coach has the most pressure on him to get his players to play better this season?

Head Coach
Offensiveline Coach
Secondary Coach

I think that my vote will have to go with Offensive Line Coach. He is taking over a line that 2 years ago looked as strong as any in the league, and just the next year with totally nothing changed, they stank up the place at times last year. Have fun everyone...
:tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-23-2007, 07:19 PM
I'd have to say the Head Coach.He deals will all the players,every aspect of the game.He gets blamed when a lineman lets a guy get past him for a sack or tackle behind the LOS.He gets blamed when the DB gets burned for a long gain/TD.

He has to deal with player misconduct,holdouts,benching players for whatever reasons,hiring and firing assistant coaches has a lot to do with the HC.

He's also the face of the orginization.When you heard Steelers for the past 15 years...everyone I know pictured Bill Cowher.For the 22 years before Cowher,it was Chuck Noll.

HometownGal
07-23-2007, 07:29 PM
No question about it in my mind. The Head Coach. He is responsible for EVERY aspect of the team, including the coaches.

In Tomlin's case, as he well knows - he has some huge shoes to fill. I have no doubt whatsoever that he is going to fill those shoes and then some. :tt02:

83-Steelers-43
07-23-2007, 07:31 PM
The HC and then the waterboy. Kid catches hell if he doesn't supply the team with some"high quality h2o".

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Overall I go with the HC hands down but if you're talking about which Steelers coach has the toughest job this coming season then I gonna go with o-line coach because the pass protection last season was horrendous and IMO our will improve this year because of Coach Tomlin's expertice in the secondary and I believe our DL and LB will generate a better pass rush this season.

ChronoCross
07-23-2007, 11:16 PM
HC is there before they get there and after everyone leaves. Hands down HC.

jtdapit
07-23-2007, 11:19 PM
You know, To be secondary coach is a tough job, there is some sick wide receivers out there latley and to be prepared every week for a new superstar is tough. I dont know, I give credit where its deserved, hopefully our secondary coach will deserve it.

SteelCityMan786
07-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Toss up between o-line and head coach.

Crushzilla
07-23-2007, 11:29 PM
he is going to fill those shoes and then some. :tt02:

Sounds terribly uncomfortable...

I went Head Coach, as well, for reasons already stated. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Just like in every living thing, everything stems from the head.

Not to mention,
If a team does not do succeed
Head Coach takes the heat
If things aren't fixed
Flames flick at his seat

Feeling poetic on this break from my Senior Thesis on American Literature and the Presence of God.

fansince'76
07-23-2007, 11:36 PM
HC, hands down, mainly due to the HC's responsibility of coordinating the work of all the position/unit coaches that report to him. Not to mention the now increasingly rare occasions where the HC is also GM (Holmgren until recently, Shanahan), which is a whole other ball of wax.

Galax Steeler
07-24-2007, 04:53 AM
Has to be hc.

Elvis
07-25-2007, 06:18 AM
Well, after last years performance by our O Line I think that the line coach needs to get these guys fired up and ready to block someone for a change. Our pass protection at times last year, especially against the Ravens was pathetic.

stlrtruck
07-25-2007, 05:05 PM
I say it's the secondary coach. The secondary wasn't as great as the past two years and there is definitely room for improvement plus you have to wonder if Tomlin will be looking over his shoulders from time to time.

ben2hines=6
07-25-2007, 07:47 PM
the head coach is the one who gets the fame and blame, his assistants arent under nearly the pressure the head coach is. the head coach makes the game plan and tells the assistants what they can and cant run in diff situations, hands down head coach