PDA

View Full Version : Browns' two 1st round picks unable to make camp...

Edman
07-23-2007, 11:20 PM
... due to stalled contract negotiations.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1185179766236630.xml&coll=2

Remember, Cleveland mortgaged their future and are putting the franchise on the shoulders of these two rookies. Their second round pick isn't even signed either.

Way to go Browns.

fansince'76
07-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Makes the job our F.O. did in getting everybody signed and a major extension dealt to probably the best player we have on the team all that more impressive. :thumbsup:

The Duke
07-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Things are really looking good for the browns aren't they :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
07-23-2007, 11:32 PM
they got robert gallery who wants vince young money and aaron rogers who wants vince young money, plus a thug cb who probably expects to be paid as much as d. revis.

the browns clearly bit off more than they can chew. especially considering c. frye was supposed to be the heir appearant and d. anderson outplayed him and has so far won the starters job.

if it werent for the bungles they would be the laughing stock of the division...

Preacher
07-24-2007, 12:27 AM
You know...

It really seems like the Bengal's F.O. moved north a few hours.

tony hipchest
07-24-2007, 01:32 AM
You know...

It really seems like the Bengal's F.O. moved north a few hours.

:toofunny: - good one! +1

Atlanta Dan
07-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Not a good sign for Romeo - this is make or break time for him; having your 2 top picks out cannot help.

Jman
07-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Not a good sign for Romeo - this is make or break time for him; having your 2 top picks out cannot help.

It can't be a good sign for him (Romeo). You draft Quinn in the 20s of the first round. The bottom line is, the kid was drafted in the 20s. You can't be a player drafted there, and expect to be paid like a top 5 pick. I guess no one told Quinn the many reasons he wasn't selected as high as he thought he was going to be.

As for Thomas - I don't even care really. Blind side, good side, front side, the QB, whoever it may be will see a blur as he is welcomed into blitzburgh. If Thomas is on the blind side, may the coaches have mercy on him.

Livinginthe past
07-24-2007, 08:17 AM
It can't be a good sign for him (Romeo). You draft Quinn in the 20s of the first round. The bottom line is, the kid was drafted in the 20s. You can't be a player drafted there, and expect to be paid like a top 5 pick. I guess no one told Quinn the many reasons he wasn't selected as high as he thought he was going to be.

As for Thomas - I don't even care really. Blind side, good side, front side, the QB, whoever it may be will see a blur as he is welcomed into blitzburgh. If Thomas is on the blind side, may the coaches have mercy on him.

Unfortunately the Browns gave the players agent some ammo when they traded next years No.1 to move up and get him.

That was a sign, right there, how much they were willing to invest in the guy - it'll look real bad for the Browns FO if they can't get him into camp asap and maximise the potential of a pretty high stakes gamble.

The agent knows all this - and also knows bunch of guys who have a say in what Quinn will get paid might not have a job next year if the Browns underperform again.

Jman
07-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Unfortunately the Browns gave the players agent some ammo when they traded next years No.1 to move up and get him.

Indeed. It is true that if trades are made, the interest is there, and that being said, so is the money. However, there are some unavoidable facts around the situation (pick #, performance issues). I do believe you're spot on about the agent trying to leverage some of the circumstances; :dang: but eh well :blah: It's the Browns... Who cares :thud:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Hmm. Browns having trouble with their rookies. Now where have I heard that before.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Quinn is holding out so he doesn't have to face the Steelers on the 9th,he knows he'll get killed by our defense.

Thomas was the #3 overall pick...problem is the last three years the #3 pick has been skill position players who generally make more money in thier rookie contracts that an offensive lineman.The going rate is a 10-15% increase from last year's pick from that spot...but I doubt the Browns want to pay him Vince Young money and then some.

SteelCityMan786
07-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Quinn is holding out so he doesn't have to face the Steelers on the 9th,he knows he'll get killed by our defense.

Thomas was the #3 overall pick...problem is the last three years the #3 pick has been skill position players who generally make more money in thier rookie contracts that an offensive lineman.The going rate is a 10-15% increase from last year's pick from that spot...but I doubt the Browns want to pay him Vince Young money and then some.

I could hear this a lot over the PA System at Cleveland Clowns Stadium

"Brady Quinn is sacked by Troy Polamalu who forces a fumble and recovers it for a Pittsburgh Steeler Touchdown."

The Duke
07-24-2007, 11:35 AM

Thats understandable :wave:

j-dawg
07-24-2007, 12:44 PM
I could hear this a lot over the PA System at Cleveland Clowns Stadium

"Brady Quinn is sacked by Troy Polamalu who forces a fumble and recovers it for a Pittsburgh Steeler Touchdown."

:coffee:

First, the Browns have a good left tackle in Kevin Shaffer, so I'm not worried about Thomas not being there at the start of camp. Eric Steinbach, Hank Fraley, Ryan Tucker.. these guys are solid. With the announcement of LeCharles Bentley reporting to camp, i'm optimistic about this offensive line being able to actually PROTECT the quarterback.

As for Quinn, there is cause for concern, mostly because the quarterback position is going to be hella competitive... and obviously phil savage has put a lot of his chips on the table with Brady. I'm still in the Charlie Frye camp, I think with the improved line, Jamal Lewis in the backfield, he'll have a chance to prove himself.

The Browns have signed all their second day picks and there are MANY other teams in the NFL that have yet to pen theirs, yet alone their first round ones.

laugh all you want folks... the Browns don't deserve any props, but don't underestimate this team... they're far better than the 32nd ranking they got from pete king.

The Duke
07-24-2007, 12:52 PM
laugh all you want folks... the Browns don't deserve any props, but don't underestimate this team... they're far better than the 32nd ranking they got from pete king.

Ok I'll give them the 31st rank, but that's underestimating jon kitna's 10 wins :wink02:

j-dawg
07-24-2007, 12:56 PM
hey now... king ranked kitna and his kittys at 13... so i'll take the browns at 14!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/07/16/mmqb/1.html

The Duke
07-24-2007, 01:01 PM
hey now... king ranked kitna and his kittys at 13... so i'll take the browns at 14!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/07/16/mmqb/1.html

:jawdrop: That guy is nuts, lions at 13 :flap:

j-dawg
07-24-2007, 01:03 PM
that's what i thought...

Preacher
07-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey...

J-Dawg...

I actually really feel sorry for you guys... No, this isn't smack. I really do.

You had an owner that stole a team from underneath you all. Now, a F.O. that seems to not be able to do things right.

As much as I hate the Browns (Obviously...), you all are die-hard fans, and deserve a better F.O. If the Browns still wallow in the mud after this year, hopefully the ownership will clear out everything, coaches, F.O., even the equipment manager, and start from scratch. You all have the talent to at least compete in the NFL... You have some solid guys to lay a foundation on... LeCharles Bentley, if he is truly healthy and in football shape will be a great addition... if he isn't too old, but you need a new direction as a organization.

Now as a Steeler fan... I say Naaaaaaaaaaaa.... keep going as you are!

But seriously, here is to your hopes of a good year! :cheers: (pepsi in mine!)

Preacher
07-24-2007, 01:08 PM
:jawdrop: That guy is nuts, lions at 13 :flap:

I have always considered Kitna an underrated QB.

The Duke
07-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Hey...

J-Dawg...

I actually really feel sorry for you guys... No, this isn't smack. I really do.

You had an owner that stole a team from underneath you all. Now, a F.O. that seems to not be able to do things right.

As much as I hate the Browns (Obviously...), you all are die-hard fans, and deserve a better F.O. If the Browns still wallow in the mud after this year, hopefully the ownership will clear out everything, coaches, F.O., even the equipment manager, and start from scratch. You all have the talent to at least compete in the NFL... You have some solid guys to lay a foundation on... LeCharles Bentley, if he is truly healthy and in football shape will be a great addition... if he isn't too old, but you need a new direction as a organization.

Now as a Steeler fan... I say Naaaaaaaaaaaa.... keep going as you are!

But seriously, here is to your hopes of a good year! :cheers: (pepsi in mine!)

Well said preacher, all browns fans are truly admirable for rooting for their team no matter what, hopefully one day when the steelers have that 6th ring :wink02: the browns will start improving, Joe Thomas is a solid player for the future and will really help the team, hope you guys sign him soon

RoethlisBURGHer
07-24-2007, 01:17 PM
This is a make-or-break year for RC.

He needs these three in camp,competing to start for the following reasons:

It will make the guys they are competing against better.Nobody wants to lose thier job,especially to a rookie.

It will make the rookies play better too.They know if they want to make an impact this year,they have to take a veterans job,which is hard to do without an injury to the veteran.

RC needs his best players on the field September 9th.He needs to have the best team possible.

If he can't even get to 8-8 this year,I think he's gone.Especially with Cowher being able to come coach again after waiting out this year.

j-dawg
07-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey...

I appreciate the post preach... i agree, modell getting his NFL cronies to bail him out by letting him move was confirmation that the owners don't give a s%*t about their fans. (with an exception of a few.. including rooney... who voted against the move)

I have to disagree with you about the current F.O. ... The Butch Davis F.O. was completely F'd... the one before that was doomed from the start... Phil Savage helped lay down the foundation for the Ravens and I think he's doing a good job for the Browns. He had arguably the best draft in the NFL this year... Lerner has $$ and he's willing to spend it, we're doing well with the salary cap (better than most) and we all can agree the current situation with the rooks has to do with their agents... I know they'll find a compromise.

Preacher
07-24-2007, 01:24 PM
I appreciate the post preach... i agree, modell getting his NFL cronies to bail him out by letting him move was confirmation that the owners don't give a s%*t about their fans. (with an exception of a few.. including rooney... who voted against the move)

I have to disagree with you about the current F.O. ... The Butch Davis F.O. was completely F'd... the one before that was doomed from the start... Phil Savage helped lay down the foundation for the Ravens and I think he's doing a good job for the Browns. He had arguably the best draft in the NFL this year... Lerner has $$ and he's willing to spend it, we're doing well with the salary cap (better than most) and we all can agree the current situation with the rooks has to do with their agents... I know they'll find a compromise.

I (Obviously) haven't kept up on the Browns like I would the Steelers...

did they just have a F.O. change? How long has Savage been there?

Preacher
07-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Hmmm.....

How many times will I put (obviously) in a thread?

I (obviously) forgot that I had (obviously) done it before in this thread.

it (obviously) is an easy thing to do!

RoethlisBURGHer
07-24-2007, 01:34 PM

This will be Savage and Crenell's third year as GM and HC.

RC's job is on the line,if he can't get it done with an upgraded o-line & an upgraded RB,he'll be gone,especially if there is a chance they can get Cowher,who would be thier first proven HC since they came back in 1999.

Savage,they kinda have to give him time to see if any of his picks work out.Edwards can still become a star,WImbley was a beast last year,and now he has Thomas and Quinn to wait on.

j-dawg
07-24-2007, 01:38 PM

this is his third year... some guys from his first draft class should really have an impact season...

Brodney Pool, Braylon Edwards, and I'm still hoping Charlie Frye can step up.

his second draft class should also show some promise...

Kamerion Wimbley, D'Qwell Jackson, Lawrence Vickers, possibly Jerome Harrison...

all these guys I believe could have a solid season.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-24-2007, 01:39 PM
this is his third year... some guys from his first draft class should really have an impact season...

Brodney Pool, Braylon Edwards, and I'm still hoping Charlie Frye can step up.

his second draft class should also show some promise...

Kamerion Wimbley, D'Qwell Jackson, Lawrence Vickers, possibly Jerome Harrison...

all these guys I believe could have a solid season.

I like D'Qwell Jackson...him and Davis should be a very capable MLB duo for years to come for you guys.

Jman
07-24-2007, 01:46 PM

I agree. The fans are die-hard and deserve some sort of winning season. I've heard the stadium gets quite loud during home games.

j-dawg
07-24-2007, 01:48 PM
I like D'Qwell Jackson...him and Davis should be a very capable MLB duo for years to come for you guys.

i couldn't agree more... of course D'Qwells still got some learning, but Davis is a good teacher and one tough mofo...

Farrior, Foote... i'm sure Jackson and Davis respect those dudes.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-24-2007, 01:59 PM
i couldn't agree more... of course D'Qwells still got some learning, but Davis is a good teacher and one tough mofo...

Farrior, Foote... i'm sure Jackson and Davis respect those dudes.

I am sure of it man,especially Davis.

Davis should have been in a few Pro Bowls,unfortunatly he was overlooked because he's on the Browns.

Edman
07-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Quinn is ticking off Browns fans already. Charging 75 bucks at least for a pre-autgraphed picture, but no autographs.

http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/13731744/detail.html

I'm sorry to j-dawg and all the good, non-obnoxious Browns fans out there.

revefsreleets
07-24-2007, 03:47 PM
The Browns have several problems even if they can get Thomas signed, and they NEED to get Thomas signed. He's a helluva player, and I'd have loved to see him in B&G. First off, Shaffer is only an average LT, and the longer Thomas holds out, the longer it will take for him to become NFL ready, and the more the OL will suffer. If Bentley can come back, that will help, but that's a stretch. They also have a crazed Ryan Tucker penciled in at RT, but that fruitloop could crack at any time. If they are lucky, the Browns have a chance to have something they haven't since the 80's, and that's a solid oline, but they need to sign Thomas yesterday.

At WR, the Browns have 2 guys in Jerevicius and Braylon Edwards, and then things drop way off. Considering that Braylon is injury prone, they are hurting at WR.

Finally, the team has exactly one NFL CB on the roster in Leigh Bodden, and he's injury prone. Eric Wright may or may not be the real deal, but he's not signed, which isn't gong to help.

It's very reasonably to pick them at anywhere from 28-32 this year.

j-dawg
07-24-2007, 04:22 PM
The Browns have several problems even if they can get Thomas signed, and they NEED to get Thomas signed. He's a helluva player, and I'd have loved to see him in B&G. First off, Shaffer is only an average LT, and the longer Thomas holds out, the longer it will take for him to become NFL ready, and the more the OL will suffer. If Bentley can come back, that will help, but that's a stretch. They also have a crazed Ryan Tucker penciled in at RT, but that fruitloop could crack at any time. If they are lucky, the Browns have a chance to have something they haven't since the 80's, and that's a solid oline, but they need to sign Thomas yesterday.

At WR, the Browns have 2 guys in Jerevicius and Braylon Edwards, and then things drop way off. Considering that Braylon is injury prone, they are hurting at WR.

Finally, the team has exactly one NFL CB on the roster in Leigh Bodden, and he's injury prone. Eric Wright may or may not be the real deal, but he's not signed, which isn't gong to help.

well, that's a very pessimistic assessment, but that's cool.

first, you failed to mention ERIC STEINBACH arguably the best free agent offensive lineman this year. That "crazed" "fruitloop" comment on Tucker was pretty lame. Hank Fraley can play guard or center. Depending on Bentleys condition. Not to mention the Browns have some solid depth with McKinney, Sowells, and Freidman. There's some luck involved... but it's certainly not a stretch that this will be a solid O-Line.

Braylon had exactly ONE injury... don't know where you get he's injury prone. With that logic I guess Holmes must be injury prone as well!! :dang: I agree, there's no other proven receivers next to Edwards and Jerevicius... but there are some competent second/third year players who are looking to fill that role, Travis Wilson and Joshua Cribbs.

Corner Back isn't as bleak as you say either... Daven Holly... remember him? He intercepted a pass from Ben and returned it for a touchdown.. (he had five interceptions last year, after having to fill in for an injured Gary Baxter) Bodden, Holly, Wright... and Baxter is insisting he's going to play this year... looks like there's at least three guys there.

Sure, it's reasonable to pick 'em on the low end... they don't deserve to be given any respect.

doesn't mean they're that bad though.

revefsreleets
07-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Steinbach helps a lot, but it's just a band aid. Fraley is a backup on most teams, and it'll take a miracle for Bentley to actually even play this year, let alone effectively. Tucker is mentally unstable, no matter how you shake it up, and it's not like he's some kind of Pro Bowler if he wasn't nuts. The rest of the guys you named are "depth" on the Browns, but quality teams in the league call them "Practice Squad".

I'll give you Edwards. He may not be injury prone, but let's see how he responds this year first.

Holly looks like a ball hog on paper, but it was mostly him being opportunistic after being smoked. The INT for TD was a tipped pass where he was 5 yards behind his WR he was responsible for that just ended up well for him. He had another pick in that game was the same deal, just him being out of position during an errant pass. Baxter has two torn up knees and Wright is unsigned, and, even if the Browns sign Wright, I expect him to end up in some kind of 4AM drug fueled shootout with Clevelands finest somewhere on the East Bank of the Flats (probably outside Larry Flynt's Hustler Club).

#30-#32 at best.

j-dawg
07-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Steinbach helps a lot, but it's just a band aid. Fraley is a backup on most teams, and it'll take a miracle for Bentley to actually even play this year, let alone effectively. Tucker is mentally unstable, no matter how you shake it up, and it's not like he's some kind of Pro Bowler if he wasn't nuts. The rest of the guys you named are "depth" on the Browns, but quality teams in the league call them "Practice Squad".

I'll give you Edwards. He may not be injury prone, but let's see how he responds this year first.

Holly looks like a ball hog on paper, but it was mostly him being opportunistic after being smoked. The INT for TD was a tipped pass where he was 5 yards behind his WR he was responsible for that just ended up well for him. He had another pick in that game was the same deal, just him being out of position during an errant pass. Baxter has two torn up knees and Wright is unsigned, and, even if the Browns sign Wright, I expect him to end up in some kind of 4AM drug fueled shootout with Clevelands finest somewhere on the East Bank of the Flats (probably outside Larry Flynt's Hustler Club).

#30-#32 at best.

:blah: i've got a feeling you'll be eating some crow when this season pans out.

Preacher
07-24-2007, 08:13 PM
:blah: i've got a feeling you'll be eating some crow when this season pans out.

:sofunny::sofunny:

I wouldn't go that far!!

Seriously... This draft may prove to be pretty dang good for you all. What I can't understand, is why you team was pretty much dismantled after 2002. You made the playoffs for the first time since being reinstated. Then, what happened? Fell all the way back into the cellar.

It really baffled me.

MasterOfPuppets
07-24-2007, 08:19 PM

You can't be a player drafted there, and expect to be paid like a top 5 pick. I

well......they traded next years 1st for him....more than likely ,IT WILL BE A TOP 5 PICK !!!!!:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

j-dawg
07-24-2007, 09:38 PM
:sofunny::sofunny:

I wouldn't go that far!!

Seriously... This draft may prove to be pretty dang good for you all. What I can't understand, is why you team was pretty much dismantled after 2002. You made the playoffs for the first time since being reinstated. Then, what happened? Fell all the way back into the cellar.

It really baffled me.

one person... BUTCH DAVIS... dude could pick some talent... was a terrible GM.

CantStop85
07-24-2007, 09:44 PM

If LeCharles Bentley can play this season (he said he'd be ready for the opener against the Steelers) , the Browns O-Line will be pretty decent. A healthy Bentley gives them one of the best centers in the league. Eric Steinbach gives them a pro bowl caliber guard who will greatly improve their running game. And Hank Fraley is solid wherever you put him. The biggest questions are the tackles...even if Joe Thomas is ready to go, he's still going to go through some growing pains as a rookie. But, overall their o-line has some potential for once.

The passing game for the Browns will be very much a question mark. They'll have only 2 real proven wide receivers. The jury's still out on whether KW2's body will withstand another full season. Their starting tackles will be either rookies or backup-caliber players. And their starting quarterback is up in the air and quite possibly a rookie.

Jamal Lewis better be ready to run.

Preacher
07-25-2007, 01:19 AM
You know....

I would LOVE to have the Steelers go 16-0, and all other AFC north teams go 12-4, with no team losing to ANYONE outside of of the AFC north.

It is funny, but as much as I DESPISE any other team in our division, I would LOVE for our league to division to destroy all else.

Elvis
07-25-2007, 05:30 AM
Just several more reasons for me to be sooooooo happy that I am NOT a Browns fan...... This org. needs to get a grip on what the NFL is all about and get some real people in that front office.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-25-2007, 08:37 AM
CantStop85,I am not so sure Bentley coming back makes thier oline that much better.He missed an entire season,damn near lost his leg,spent a lot of time not keeping in shape due to surgery layoffs.He more-than-likley won't be anywhere near football shape,nor be at the strength and weight he was when originally signed by the Browns.

Also,he hasn't even seen a copy of the Browns new playbook.In thier offense,the center makes all the line calls,and he doesn't know anything about anything,except that he lines up between the two gaurds.

steelpride12
07-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Wow you know what the Browns always seem to make me smile.....not in a good way!

Jman
07-25-2007, 12:08 PM
....I am not so sure Bentley coming back makes thier oline that much better.He missed an entire season,damn near lost his leg,spent a lot of time not keeping in shape due to surgery layoffs....

Didn't Bentley get a staph infection? Quinn might want to have some sort of disclaimer worked into his contract. The Browns facility is plagued with Staphylococcus. :jawdrop:

OneForTheToe
07-25-2007, 12:42 PM
I think a staph infection almost cost Greg Lloyd his career and life as well. I never wish the Browns luck, but I will wish Bentley a speedy recover from his injuries (staph). I hate to see any player (or person) go through a staph infection - they are quite scary.

j-dawg
07-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Just several more reasons for me to be sooooooo happy that I am NOT a Browns fan...... This org. needs to get a grip on what the NFL is all about and get some real people in that front office.

i would have agreed with that statement three years ago..

Phil Savage is doing a decent job.

Romeo will have to prove he can win in the AFCN... if not, he's gone.

rog
07-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Their picks might not be signed but atleast they have not been arrested. So you have that going for ya.

revefsreleets
07-25-2007, 03:02 PM
I'll eat crow if the Browns crack the top 20, but if they "sneak into" the top 29 teams, they still really suck bad.

And the Browns aren't going to crack the top 25 this year.

Oh, Steinbach looked like a Pro Bowler on a good team with a lot of support around him. We'll see how good he actually is this year with a precipitous drop in surrounding talent. More than one decent NFL player has been sucked into the Browns black hole of talent. Fraley was a back-up on the Eagles, and Bentley has a LOT of catching up to do before he's back to where he needs to be.

revefsreleets
07-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Update: I heard the synopsis of an interview Quinn did, and it sounds to me like the two are WAY far away from signing a deal. There is no chance Quinn is going to be taking any snaps for the Browns anytime soon.

The Duke
07-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Update: I heard the synopsis of an interview Quinn did, and it sounds to me like the two are WAY far away from signing a deal. There is no chance Quinn is going to be taking any snaps for the Browns anytime soon.

:crying01: That's sad, now we won't be able to beat him up on the field

revefsreleets
07-26-2007, 06:20 PM
I was reading somewhere about how the Browns could have taken care of this problem on draft day. With a 5 minute call to Quinn's agent, they could have said "We are going to stop the freefall, and will take Quinn with 22, but we need parameters in place about his deal before we do so". That way they could have gotten their guy without all these problems. Just another way in which the Browns screw things up.

j-dawg
07-26-2007, 09:55 PM
browns have signed eric wright and joe thomas....
http://browns.scout.com/2/661993.html

CantStop85
07-26-2007, 10:31 PM
http://browns.scout.com/2/661993.html

Good deal...now getting Brady Quinn is going to be the rough part. I'm definitely thinking he'll be the last rookie in the NFL to sign.

tony hipchest
07-26-2007, 10:58 PM
http://browns.scout.com/2/661993.htmli cant believe i just clicked that link. i had to go wipe my eyeballs with toilet paper. :flap:

its funny how all these early round picks agents wait to sign their clients based on what other early round picks are getting, yet nobody wants to release the terms, therefor stalling the signings of everybody.

if the browns happen to overpay for staley, the 2 picks before him will try to hold their teams hostage. if the browns underpaid, johnson and russell could threaten to hold out :banging:

but really nothing could get more rediculous than quinn buying into weiss hype machine and recruiting ploy. hes not a top 10 pick and doesnt deserve to be paid as such.

j-dawg
07-27-2007, 12:11 AM
but really nothing could get more rediculous than quinn buying into weiss hype machine and recruiting ploy. hes not a top 10 pick and doesnt deserve to be paid as such.

yep, dude hasn't proved anything yet and he think he's owed something. personally, i'm still pulling for frye. this is his third year and he should have a decent line to showcase his ability.... i'd like nothing else than to see him pull together some wins.

Preacher
07-27-2007, 02:35 AM
yep, dude hasn't proved anything yet and he think he's owed something. personally, i'm still pulling for frye. this is his third year and he should have a decent line to showcase his ability.... i'd like nothing else than to see him pull together some wins.

Would be sad to see the first round pick wasted. But yeah... that kind of attitude does not befriend a team and a city. What kind of stupidity is that.

Galax Steeler
07-27-2007, 03:53 AM
I would say fry will be the better fit this year.