PDA

View Full Version : 2-0 !!!!!! We took care of business today!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Way to go guys !!! 7 sacks..Troy and the defense were all over the Texans today !! Had a couple lapses on the TD drive, but overall..Just a great team win !!!!

Parker and Haynes were a good 1-2 punch, and even though the yardage wasnt quite as big as last week on the ground be we churned it out and kept the clock moving when we had too.

Ben was stellar and WR's were catching just about everything !! Bottom line is we're 2-0 and played a very good game in the heat down there.

Koopa
09-18-2005, 03:06 PM
i liked how they didn't get much after the catch on those long throws, now when i talk to my friend i can just throw down anything he says about ben not being able to throw long, he always tells me that he throws 10 yards and then they get the big runs today most of those catches were long and they didn't get much after the catch great game by ben, i'm glad his confedince is rising and that's what he needs cause next week we finally get a real challenge. i can also throw down any body saying willie only did good cause it was the titans, cause jamal lewis is playing the exact same d and got shut the hell down 9 yards on 10 carries that's funny i love it.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Willie is definately doing well, cant enough of how hard he runs inside the tackles as well as outside. He's taking advantage of every shot and holdin onto the starting job.
Should be interesting next week if Bus can come back do some short yardage stuff, but either way, it's Willie's job.

Good tackling overall from the defense, ST coverage and kicking game was good. Ben was on target, OL was STELLAR, WR's, cant ask for much more.

We still have things to work on, no doubt, but we're on our way and focused!

Livinginthe past
09-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Willie is definately doing well, cant enough of how hard he runs inside the tackles as well as outside. He's taking advantage of every shot and holdin onto the starting job.
Should be interesting next week if Bus can come back do some short yardage stuff, but either way, it's Willie's job.

Good tackling overall from the defense, ST coverage and kicking game was good. Ben was on target, OL was STELLAR, WR's, cant ask for much more.

We still have things to work on, no doubt, but we're on our way and focused!

Ya wanna trade Willie for one ex Bengal in ok condition - seems to lack motivation but good runner.

Call 0-1-800 BB for the deal of your life

Koopa
09-18-2005, 04:00 PM
f--k that, that would be the gayest trade ever, forget corey dillion pices of shit cries when he don't get enough carries what a bitch. ya'll keep him and we'll keep a rising star.

SteelR1
09-18-2005, 04:01 PM
It's going to be awesome to have the BUS at the end of the game when we want to run the clock out!!!

Livinginthe past
09-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Hmm thought that might be the answer ...lol

Havent given up faith in CD yet....the whole team was pretty bad today - funny thing is we had good run D carolina offensive stats were pretty poor but we gave away field position with terrible pens...and how many false starts...at least 6 by my count...awful.

Still think week3 will be a big one.

Cheers

NM

Koopa
09-18-2005, 04:06 PM
hell yeah next week is going to be a big game, hopefully y'all play like they did today that would be great for me, lol, hopefully the game is on tv next week for me

Suitanim
09-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Ya wanna trade Willie for one ex Bengal in ok condition - seems to lack motivation but good runner.

Call 0-1-800 BB for the deal of your life

WOW! Would this be a possible admission that maybe all is not exactly as it should be in Utopia?

Corey Dillon was a good pick-up last year for the Pats, but the fans took it to another level...on MB's and chat rooms across the country you Pats were WARNED that you can take the Running Back temporarily out of malcontent, but you can't take the malcontent out of the Running back.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Corey Dillon..I thought he was the second coming for you guys!! :grin:

ironcitychef
09-19-2005, 01:55 AM
The funny thing is I keep seeing Corey Dillon for all your rushing needs. LOL! The shocker was 12 penalties. I thought Bill was deaf from being sick about penalties in the post game. Back to topic...2-0 a big step in setting that foundation or identity. Improving from last year as we are putting away teams we should put away and not letting them hang around.

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Corey dillon used to be a great running back. But this year his clock will stop ticking. He is on the downslide along with the rest of his team. Their luck has just run out and our hard work is about to payoff.

Koopa
09-19-2005, 11:25 AM
well i've learned to never sleep on the patriots, they may have looked like crap yesterday but they can easily get back to their old form and run the table so they still some what scare me, hopefully they are on a downslide but until i see them lose 3 in a row anything is possible for them they just seem to know when to step up

Black-n-Gold
09-19-2005, 11:36 AM
What a great game, everyone performed as they should have. Ben is having a great year so far, thanks mostly to the OL and the great WRs. I can't say enough about Parker and Polamalu, couple of great players. I'd love to see a combo of Staley/Parker against the Patriots. It'll be another good game next week, then we'll have the BYE before yet another hard game against the Chargers.

Prosdo
09-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Yesterday's game was awesome! One of the biggest things I heard from people during the offseason was you guys won't be able to throw the ball long with out Plax. We have been doing pretty well without him. Willie Parker did a good job once again and Ben was definitely on target. Hines really came out with those two TDs. Very happy with how they played. I can't wait for the week 3 game!!!

Livinginthe past
09-19-2005, 02:04 PM
WOW! Would this be a possible admission that maybe all is not exactly as it should be in Utopia?

Corey Dillon was a good pick-up last year for the Pats, but the fans took it to another level...on MB's and chat rooms across the country you Pats were WARNED that you can take the Running Back temporarily out of malcontent, but you can't take the malcontent out of the Running back.

I dont see any real evidence of malcontent behaviour - my post was purely in jest - I fully back CD to get his running legs pumping in time for the big game next week.

Now if he throws his football gear into the crowd next week I may start to get worried.... :blurp:

Cheers

NM

clevestinks
09-19-2005, 03:18 PM
First off the Pats are still King of the mountain. We didnt beat them, Carolina did. We will all lose at some point, it really wont matter when.
But for the second week in a row, we kicked some ASS. Our running game is clicking on all cylinders, Ben is not going down to the sophmore slump bullshit. Our defense is applying pressure ala Mr.LeBeau. And I truly think we will win this weekend coming up. It is one game at a time, yes. But this game is huge, if for some reason we end up tied for the best record, we need the victory.

If there is a difference between this years Steelers and last years Steelers, I think this year we seem more sure of ourselves. Last year even Alan Faneca was upset when we had to start a rookie qb. We lost Simmons and Bell early. Then Staley, and Hampton.

Even though the Titans and Texans are not a real test. And the real test is the Pats, this team loves to get on a roll, and we are rolling.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-19-2005, 04:32 PM
And don't think we forgot about that game last year in the AFCC .. yeah, you can bet ur last dollar its on every players minds to put one on the Pats this week...but even if we do beat them, beating them in crunch time in the playoffs will be the real test..assuming they make it that far this year.. but one thing at a time..

Let's go out and put a hurtin on the defending champs this sunday !!!