PDA

View Full Version : man, what happened to the vikings?

Koopa
09-18-2005, 03:49 PM
damn looking at these stats for the vikings is horrible. i think they should go beat up whoever traded randy moss, damn 5 ints today for culpepper, 3 last week, so he has 8 ints and still no touchdowns this offseason. and they were picked by a lot of anyalist to win the superbowl so much for that cause they are done this season. they had 7 turnovers for the day, bennett fumbled twice. so this proves who the best player on that team was last year. moss makes qbs look great, now culpepper is nothing more then a average qb. smh at 8 ints and no touchdowns, some one going to be getting fired real soon

Livinginthe past
09-18-2005, 03:59 PM
As bad as they seem...and they ARE awful - there is always time to turn it round in the NFC. I wouldnt be surprised to see them make a late run to the playoffs this year.

Culpepper is having a rough time of it - but I think he will pull it round - one QB who should be looking for employment soon is Joey Harrington - man this guy sucks and his team seems totally gutless.

Later

NM

Koopa
09-18-2005, 04:10 PM
yup, they need to bench joey harrington, that's ridiculous, you got roy williams (my second favorite wr in the league, hook em') and they got mike williams they got charles rodgers they got kevin jones they got marcus pollard and they still can't move the ball, what the hell is that? he ain't the only one that should be looking for a job that coach should be looking for one too. that divison is weak so yeah you are right the vikings can still make a run, cause i think the packers are losing to the browns right now. so the vikings are very much in it i guess but they'll be one and done in the playoffs.

Suitanim
09-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Some QB's can read defenses and adjust and adlib...some can't. I think Culpepper is just a little off the page with the loss of Moss and will get back on it soon...

The NFC is pretty awful almost from top to bottom...There are 3 teams and a big drop-off at this point.

CantStop85
09-18-2005, 04:32 PM
The Bucs and the Bengals happened to the Vikings. :grin:

BengalBrian
09-18-2005, 04:32 PM
We crushed them... Thats what happened

Ambridge
09-18-2005, 04:42 PM
The NFC is pretty awful almost from top to bottom...There are 3 teams and a big drop-off at this point.

Most preseason analysts were picking Detroit and Minnesota to be powers in the NFC and or to win their division.
Those predictions are looking way off the mark as of now.

Suitanim
09-18-2005, 04:46 PM
And only one team can emerge ultimately...I wouldn't bet a bucket of piss on any NFC games this year...a bunch of mediocre teams trying to be a little less worse than the others...

bengalsfan21
09-18-2005, 05:11 PM
The Bengals happened!!!!............Damn 5 picks!! Not bad for a young defense.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Damn Culpeppers is killing.. I was ready to cash in this season w/ him wanting to make a statement w/ moss gone.. WTF !!!! :chair:

ironcitychef
09-19-2005, 01:47 AM
Always take care of your center and NT

No running and no defense = number one pick come April

Just guessing...

SteelR1
09-19-2005, 01:49 AM
Always take care of your center and NT

No running and no defense = number one pick come April

Just guessing...

That would be crazy, who would have guessed that before the season!!

ironcitychef
09-19-2005, 02:15 AM
They say you should be strong up the center(RB,QB,C,NT, MLB, SS)

Outside of Daunte, they really don't have anyone that is a huge factor.

Koopa
09-19-2005, 11:37 AM
hell i don't even think culpepper is a factor, it was moss all these years makin him look like he's a hall of famer. they messed up by shippin moss out of minny

ironcitychef
09-19-2005, 11:41 AM
I agree Moss stretches the field, but Moss and the Raiders are 0-2 as well.

Koopa
09-19-2005, 12:18 PM
but collins is unhelpable no matter the wr out there. and at least moss is scoring, culpepper ain't done a thing with the ball but give it to the other team 8 times, 10 counting his two fumbles in the first game.

BengalBrian
09-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Yea... He gave it to us... I love the negativity toward the Vikings and the fact that everyone is still looking right past our team... It will allow us to sucker punch a few more teams before we are taken serious

Livinginthe past
09-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Yea... He gave it to us... I love the negativity toward the Vikings and the fact that everyone is still looking right past our team... It will allow us to sucker punch a few more teams before we are taken serious

Hey Bri,

Congrats on an excellent team performance against the Vikes - sure they are well below par - but you put them away in style.

No coach worth their salt will be 'looking past' the Bengals this year - any team with that amount of Offense is dangerous.

Cheers

NM

Koopa
09-19-2005, 04:25 PM

just cause fans are overlooking your team don't mean the players are. i overlook the bengals cause i hate them, they are shit to me, so i will always overlook them because if you think logically they will not go any further then the wild card so there is no point to worry about them being a threat in the playoffs, beat us all you want in the regular season cause they don't mean a thing unless you can do it in the playoffs and the bengals can't do that.

BengalBrian
09-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Hey Bri,

Congrats on an excellent team performance against the Vikes - sure they are well below par - but you put them away in style.

No coach worth their salt will be 'looking past' the Bengals this year - any team with that amount of Offense is dangerous.

Cheers

NM

Thanks man... :cheers:

Kill the Steelers for us this week!!! :)

CantStop85
09-19-2005, 08:58 PM
just cause fans are overlooking your team don't mean the players are. i overlook the bengals cause i hate them, they are shit to me, so i will always overlook them because if you think logically they will not go any further then the wild card so there is no point to worry about them being a threat in the playoffs, beat us all you want in the regular season cause they don't mean a thing unless you can do it in the playoffs and the bengals can't do that.
Can't beat that logic, right? :rolleyes:

Livinginthe past
09-20-2005, 01:28 PM
Thanks man... :cheers:

Kill the Steelers for us this week!!! :)

You know we'll be straining every muscle to get it done - its going to be a classic either way - if we can sneak that - then the Bolts aren't looking quite so hot the week after....

Cheers

NM