PDA

View Full Version : Patriots/Panthers

hardwork
09-18-2005, 09:13 PM
Patriots had at least a dozen penalties. Four dropped balls. Three turn-overs. No running game. You aren't going to get away with that on the road. Plus, Carolina played hungry. Their QB gambled a lot, and won. I like that in a QB. And they brought their physical game.

Good job Panthers. Not a good job Patriots.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah i just watched some clips of the pats post game on Pittsburgh Sports tonite.. brady, belicheck, all of them said they sucked tonite.. the Panthers capitalized on the mistakes and just took the game away.

ironcitychef
09-19-2005, 02:48 AM
Gotta admit, hadn't seen Tom B. so frazzled before. Still 35-5 over the last 40.

Ambridge
09-19-2005, 10:44 AM
Patriots had at least a dozen penalties. Four dropped balls. Three turn-overs. No running game. You aren't going to get away with that on the road. Plus, Carolina played hungry. Their QB gambled a lot, and won. I like that in a QB. And they brought their physical game.

Good job Panthers. Not a good job Patriots.

Exactly! That looked like a very physical game by the Panthers.
The Pats might be coming to town a little beat-up. :smile:

Livinginthe past
09-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Everything that could go wrong appears to do so..amazing.

I was sure that the Vrabel return for a TD would be the turning point....but yet more terrible offensive pens holding and false starts killed us dead.

Brady looked rattled - maybe he is due a bad game or two..better now than in the post season I suppose.

When you look at the stats Carolina didnt acheive very much - but they had some great field position - a very much patriot-like performance - nothing too flashy - just solid enough to get the job done.

Cheers
NM

hardwork
09-19-2005, 03:20 PM
I don't know if rattled is the word when it came to Brady. I hope not. But he was frustrated. They blitzed the shit out of him, and they covered our receivers, from what I could see. If they didn't have our receivers covered, then Brady was throwing to the wrong guy.

You know our offense was staled in the Super Bowl to. We looked a little better against the Raiders, but they don't have a defense. So in the last 3 games, the offense has been staled by 2 teams with good defenses.

Sunday the Steelers will be pinning their ears back and blitzing Brady all afternoon if we don't get the running game going, and don't use more screens, and play action passes.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Brady will be getting blitzed a lot this Sunday.Also,I think Dillion will get shut down.

The game will be good...if both teams minimize mistakes the game could be close.I still think we can score at least 24 on you guys.

I can't wait for Sunday!

clevestinks
09-19-2005, 04:24 PM
I dont look for the Pats to play that way against us. It was very uncharacteristic of a Pats team to play so sloppy. Im sure coach BB will have thier butts ready to play. But we do have a secret weapon, well not so much a secret anymore" Willie Parker"

Ironman
09-19-2005, 04:56 PM
I was at the Pats-Panthers game... It was a physical contest and it was hot as 40 hells... so I think the Pats were a little out-muscled. A couple of calls went the Panthers way... overall a bad day for the Pats. They'll be ready to play us.

Suitanim
09-19-2005, 05:00 PM
I want nothing but "A" game out of the Pats...that way there can be no excuses. 100% healthy, running on all cylinders, hopefully the refs keep the linen in their pockets and let them play ball...just a straight up mano a mano slugfest and may the more physical, talented team take all.

Livinginthe past
09-19-2005, 05:52 PM
I want nothing but "A" game out of the Pats...that way there can be no excuses. 100% healthy, running on all cylinders, hopefully the refs keep the linen in their pockets and let them play ball...just a straight up mano a mano slugfest and may the more physical, talented team take all.

Hey Nice Call Suitanim - we may not agree on much - but this sentiment is spot on.

Its what the game is about - beating the top teams on your way to the top yourself.....props if you can do it.....

Cheers

NM

clevestinks
09-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Well weve been waiting for this since we first saw the new schedule! We need this victory! Although we did prove that we can play them well in the regular season. We need to set the ground work for the postseason now.

hardwork
09-19-2005, 09:59 PM
"I want nothing but "A" game out of the Pats...that way there can be no excuses."

If we loose, we don't make excuses. A game, B game, C game, D game, a loss is a loss, a win is a win. You just worry about your team.

Suitanim
09-20-2005, 01:07 AM
"I want nothing but "A" game out of the Pats...that way there can be no excuses."

If we loose, we don't make excuses. A game, B game, C game, D game, a loss is a loss, a win is a win. You just worry about your team.

From last years experience, I'd say you speak for about 20% of your fans...the other 80% I encountered had nothing but excuses.

My team is healthy, and playing at the top of it's game, so I don't need to worry about them at all...

ironcitychef
09-20-2005, 02:18 AM
Point of interest to me...is it a bigger concern that the Pats lost, or that they lost with about a week and a half to be ready for this game? Will watch this one, but is Bill B and staff spreading themselves to thin already? The fact it was 12 penalties shows not only getting beat, but beating yourself.

hardwork
09-20-2005, 11:45 AM
"the other 80% I encountered had nothing but excuses."

What, you did a survey? Fuck off.

hardwork
09-20-2005, 11:49 AM
"The fact it was 12 penalties shows not only getting beat, but beating yourself."

How long did it take you to figure that out?

Suitanim
09-20-2005, 11:57 AM
"the other 80% I encountered had nothing but excuses."

What, you did a survey? Fuck off.

Ahahaha...it didn't take very long for you to get thinskinned...so very typical...you know how to win, but losing is a different story.

I was on a board with a couple thousand members and there were just a ton of Pats trolls...I think maybe 2-3 of them were gracious, the others blamed the loss on this, that or the other (Take your pick...Dillon out, homefield, yada, yada, yada...).

No, I did not "Take a survey". Had I done so, it probably would have revealed that more like 95% of the trolls had some kind of excuse or other, so I was actuallly being conservative. Also, I will not "Fuck off" for pointing out an actual event that occured.

If you are this unpleasant after a single loss to Carolina, I can't WAIT to see what you're like after next week...

hardwork
09-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Why don't you ask the other posters here if I ever made an excuse? I don't make excuses. You beat us, then we beat you. Simple as that.

Suitanim
09-20-2005, 12:10 PM
I'm sure I don't care one way or the other...make excuses, don't make excuses...but don't tell me to fuck off for pointing out what other people did.

hardwork
09-20-2005, 12:13 PM
Trolls are trolls. They post to be obnoxious, like you. They don't count, like you. Fuck off.

Suitanim
09-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Trolls are trolls. They post to be obnoxious, like you. They don't count, like you. Fuck off.

No, thanks, but I prefer not to...

hardwork
09-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Then grow up. The prevailing wisdom here in Boston was that the Steelers beat us during the regular season. There were no feelings about the game, or the Steelers, other then that. What a bunch of trolls said on some internet forum does represent anything. We know who the Steelers are.

Suitanim
09-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Then grow up. The prevailing wisdom here in Boston was that the Steelers beat us during the regular season. There were no feelings about the game, or the Steelers, other then that. What a bunch of trolls said on some internet forum does represent anything. We know who the Steelers are.

First you tell me to fuck off, then you tell me I don't matter, then you tell me to fuck off again, then you tell me to grow up, then you tell me (on an internet forum) that what is said on an internet forum doesn't matter.

Make up your mind already!

hardwork
09-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Well, see now, that's part of your problem suit. This isn't just another forum. This is a good group of posters. Posting BS, like 80% of Patriots fans made up excuses for lossing to the Steelers before beating them in the playoffs, doesn't fly in here. Anymore then my saying you all made up excuses for getting your ass kicked by us in the important game.

Livinginthe past
09-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Point of interest to me...is it a bigger concern that the Pats lost, or that they lost with about a week and a half to be ready for this game? Will watch this one, but is Bill B and staff spreading themselves to thin already? The fact it was 12 penalties shows not only getting beat, but beating yourself.

I have mixed views on the 'beating yourself' theory - on one hand its incredibly frustrating to watch mistakes pile up.

On the other it tells me that if we could have rectified even one of our troublesome areas last week (false starts, poor run blocking, pens in the redzone_ we would have been very competitive - All Davis' TD's came from a yard out after 1st and goals at the 1 - giving away that kind of field position is going to be fatal in most games)

Sometimes it can seem like sour grapes to point out that 'our team' wasn't at its best - but im sure you will admit that if you lost either Willie or Ben before next weeks game you would like you didnt have the opportunity to show your best team.

The important thing is to give props to the other team if they win and win right....

Cheers

NM

hardwork
09-20-2005, 04:45 PM
"The important thing is to give props to the other team if they win and win right...."

Correct. And that's exactly what I did in the opening post: >>>Plus, Carolina played hungry. Their QB gambled a lot, and won. I like that in a QB. And they brought their physical game.

Good job Panthers. Not a good job Patriots.<<<

Livinginthe past
09-20-2005, 05:04 PM
"The important thing is to give props to the other team if they win and win right...."

Correct. And that's exactly what I did in the opening post: >>>Plus, Carolina played hungry. Their QB gambled a lot, and won. I like that in a QB. And they brought their physical game.

Good job Panthers. Not a good job Patriots.<<<

Hey Hardwork,

Not doubting you for a minute buddy!

No one finds it easy to lose...as long as we dont allow ourselves to stoop the levels of self-pity of the raiders I will be happy.

Cheers

NM

BengalBrian
09-20-2005, 05:30 PM
For the 2nd time since corey left, I will be bringing out the old COREY COREY mentallity... If you guys win, he will settle for awhile.. Lose and he may start crying.. Either way its a win win situation for me.. :)

I would much rather the Steelers get the loss though :)

Suitanim
09-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Well, see now, that's part of your problem suit. This isn't just another forum. This is a good group of posters. Posting BS, like 80% of Patriots fans made up excuses for lossing to the Steelers before beating them in the playoffs, doesn't fly in here. Anymore then my saying you all made up excuses for getting your ass kicked by us in the important game.

Huh? What? Why is what happened at another forum by fans of YOUR team trolling my old board MY problem? They weren't representing me or my team. Let's try this again...

FACT: I posted at a DIFFERENT board last year
FACT: There were a significant number of Pats fans that posted there (probably numbering in the dozens)
FACT: All but 2-3 offered some lame assed excuse as to why they lost the Halloween game last year
FACT: All of this was clearly explained in all my previous posts

So, before you tell me to "Fuck off" again, realize this; I can only call 'em like I see 'em.

hardwork
09-21-2005, 02:15 AM
"Hey Hardwork,

Not doubting you for a minute buddy!"

Amigo, I didn't post that because I thought you doubted me. I posted that in support of what you posted.

Livinginthe past
09-21-2005, 03:14 PM
For the 2nd time since corey left, I will be bringing out the old COREY COREY mentallity... If you guys win, he will settle for awhile.. Lose and he may start crying.. Either way its a win win situation for me.. :)

I would much rather the Steelers get the loss though :)

I really dont think there is a comparison in Corey's current position and the situation he found himself in at Cincy.

Pretty much every year was a humiliation in his time at the Bengals and he carried that offense singlehandedly - of course things are alot different now and the Bengals have a decent coach and a exciting young team.

I think 'old Corey Dillon' would have thrived being part of the current set-up - lets face it ...there aint nothing more frustrating than getting beat when ya can see it coming...EVERY WEEK!

Cheers

NM

Livinginthe past
09-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Huh? What? Why is what happened at another forum by fans of YOUR team trolling my old board MY problem? They weren't representing me or my team. Let's try this again...

FACT: I posted at a DIFFERENT board last year
FACT: There were a significant number of Pats fans that posted there (probably numbering in the dozens)
FACT: All but 2-3 offered some lame assed excuse as to why they lost the Halloween game last year
FACT: All of this was clearly explained in all my previous posts

So, before you tell me to "Fuck off" again, realize this; I can only call 'em like I see 'em.

The ill advised point you are attempting to make, and have been attempting to make since you started posting here, is that Boston is populated with a bunch of bandwagon fans, who cant handle losing and have to hide behind lame excuses.

Of course you are quite free to post what you want, and I dont doubt you have plenty more vitriol to serve up regarding the Pats and their fans, but please be aware that if you are going to openly accuse us of these 'crimes' then you are going to get a reaction.

Of course, we can all see you post these things in order to provoke opposing fans - and thats all good - I wouldnt have it any other way - but surely your legs are beginning to tire with all that clambering up to the moral 'highground' every other post.

Cheers

NM

Suitanim
09-22-2005, 11:00 AM
The ill advised point you are attempting to make, and have been attempting to make since you started posting here, is that Boston is populated with a bunch of bandwagon fans, who cant handle losing and have to hide behind lame excuses.

Of course you are quite free to post what you want, and I dont doubt you have plenty more vitriol to serve up regarding the Pats and their fans, but please be aware that if you are going to openly accuse us of these 'crimes' then you are going to get a reaction.

Of course, we can all see you post these things in order to provoke opposing fans - and thats all good - I wouldnt have it any other way - but surely your legs are beginning to tire with all that clambering up to the moral 'highground' every other post.

Cheers

NM

I displayed an off the rack garment, and HW claimed it was a custom tailored for him. Spin it how you like...

Livinginthe past
09-22-2005, 03:07 PM
I displayed an off the rack garment, and HW claimed it was a custom tailored for him. Spin it how you like...

Nice analogy - this just in......

80% of posters on football forums whose name begins with Suita.... are insufferably arrogant.

Hope you dont take offence.....this remark was strictly 'off the rack' and could be referring to almost anyone...

Cheers

NM

Suitanim
09-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Well, if the suit fits, go ahead and wear it.

No offenSe taken, of course.

BengalBrian
09-22-2005, 05:26 PM
I really dont think there is a comparison in Corey's current position and the situation he found himself in at Cincy.

Pretty much every year was a humiliation in his time at the Bengals and he carried that offense singlehandedly - of course things are alot different now and the Bengals have a decent coach and a exciting young team.

I think 'old Corey Dillon' would have thrived being part of the current set-up - lets face it ...there aint nothing more frustrating than getting beat when ya can see it coming...EVERY WEEK!

Cheers

NM
Exactly... Since he is winning, he isnt crying... Wait till you guys start losing.. It will more than likely start happening a lot this year

Livinginthe past
09-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Exactly... Since he is winning, he isnt crying... Wait till you guys start losing.. It will more than likely start happening a lot this year

Ya wanna stake something on this Brian? I am convinced that the guy is going to be no problems to us this year - how bad you think its going to get?

Will he be disciplined by BB?

Cheers

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2005, 06:03 PM
corey is always going to be a complainer at heart..all those years w/ the bengals have hardened him :grin: but seriously though, he's got a SB ring so he's calmed down some, but if he continues to have little success, eventually he'll need disciplined by BB..after he's already shot his mouth offf.

Suitanim
09-22-2005, 06:39 PM
If he's shut down this week, you've got one more week until he starts pointing fingers. Some of this is the Pats undoing themselves, especially the fanbase. Don't tell a guy more than he needs to know...it's one thing to run behind a well oiled, balanced, and maintained machine of an offense that wins week in and week out...Charles Manson could find a way to be happy with that.

Toss a little adversity his way, and Dillon will fold. I think it's interesting that the Pats fans choose nurture over nature on this one. Dillon was the way he was before he went to the Bengals...he'll revert back quickly if things go South. Just because the Bengals fans are usually wrong about the prospects of their team doesn't mean you can discard their opinion of Dillon when he loses. Who would know better?

Livinginthe past
09-23-2005, 05:20 AM
If he's shut down this week, you've got one more week until he starts pointing fingers. Some of this is the Pats undoing themselves, especially the fanbase. Don't tell a guy more than he needs to know...it's one thing to run behind a well oiled, balanced, and maintained machine of an offense that wins week in and week out...Charles Manson could find a way to be happy with that.

Toss a little adversity his way, and Dillon will fold. I think it's interesting that the Pats fans choose nurture over nature on this one. Dillon was the way he was before he went to the Bengals...he'll revert back quickly if things go South. Just because the Bengals fans are usually wrong about the prospects of their team doesn't mean you can discard their opinion of Dillon when he loses. Who would know better?

Hey everyone is a football scientist aren't they?

Your going to actually narrow the occurence of his tantrum down to the ACTUAL WEEK now? I can only be very impressed - what sort of formula have you used to deduce this?

You are wrong on a number of accounts in such a short post - the NE run blocking last year was essesntially the same one that Antowain Smith struggled to put up any sort of numbers behind - CD made his yards the hard way - not because extravagant run lanes were being opened for him by a dominant O-Line.

"Toss a little adversity Dillons way and he will fold" - a pretty ridiculous statement considering the numbers that CD managed to put up whilst facing what I could only describe a continuous flow of adversity in a team as flat out bad as them Bengals teams.

For the record - CD has put up at least 1100yards EVERY YEAR of his career, barring the last injury plagued season of his Bengals career - I dont see ANY evidence of him 'folding' here ....do you?

The guy is one of the most talented RB's of his generation and he had the misfortune to be selected by one of the most woeful franchises in NFL history - I think if you put yourself in his position you would find yourself equally as frustrated - he might have moaned and bitched towards the end...but he never failed to bring 100% effort - and he never gave up on a running play because of his dissatisfaction.

Its possible that CD has simply lost his hunger for the game after his SB win....I hope this is not the case - but its a hell of a alot more likely than him reverting to a 'lockerroom cancer'

Cheers

NM

Suitanim
09-23-2005, 09:26 AM
I was addressing his character, not his talent.

Livinginthe past
09-23-2005, 12:23 PM
I was addressing his character, not his talent.

Talent doesn't get you 1100 yards minimum EVERY YEAR bar one when you are part of one of the worst teams in history - lets be honest here - without application and effort talent isn't enough by itself.

Cheers

NM

Suitanim
09-23-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm afraid you are missing what I'm saying here. Dillon is a bit of a head case...if the team starts losing, or things don't go his way, he'll become unhinged, and he will literally hurt the team. He'll start becoming a distraction and spreading poison in the locker room.

Livinginthe past
09-23-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm afraid you are missing what I'm saying here. Dillon is a bit of a head case...if the team starts losing, or things don't go his way, he'll become unhinged, and he will literally hurt the team. He'll start becoming a distraction and spreading poison in the locker room.

Ok then - that is most likely what will happen - locker room cancer it is.

NM

Suitanim
09-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Ok then - that is most likely what will happen - locker room cancer it is.

NM

Sorry...I forgot you were the expert, and I only have the "understanding of a 6 year old". You certainly know Dillon and how he faces adversity far better than anyone (Especially Bengals fans: What would they know about the guy?) since he's been on your team for one whole year and the team lost 2 games and won the Super Bowl...

Koopa
09-24-2005, 12:05 PM
lol, i like this dude ^^^^ you a funny man, just speaks the truth and puts a hint of assholeness in his post when responding to this other fool, i love it.

dillion will become a cancer look at him already acting like a little b---h on the sideline cause he didn't get enough carries when y'all played the raiders, it's only gonna get worse, but go ahead and lie to yourself that he ain't so you can comfort yourself

tony hipchest
09-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Talent doesn't get you 1100 yards minimum EVERY YEAR bar one when you are part of one of the worst teams in history - lets be honest here - without application and effort talent isn't enough by itself.

Cheers

NM
it does if youre randy moss. plenty of players just skate by with talent. others like jerry rice become the greatest of all time when application and effort is added.

Livinginthe past
09-25-2005, 09:03 AM
it does if youre randy moss. plenty of players just skate by with talent. others like jerry rice become the greatest of all time when application and effort is added.

Randy Moss is an outstanding athelete - and you can bet he also has plenty of application and effort aswell - all he is missing from his armoury is 'team ethic'.

Cheers

NM

Livinginthe past
09-25-2005, 09:07 AM
Sorry...I forgot you were the expert, and I only have the "understanding of a 6 year old". You certainly know Dillon and how he faces adversity far better than anyone (Especially Bengals fans: What would they know about the guy?) since he's been on your team for one whole year and the team lost 2 games and won the Super Bowl...

Sarcasm aside Im glad to see you have finally conceded my overwhelmingly superior knowledge when it comes to all things football - its been a long, arduous journey but I feel like its all been worth it.

Jesting aside - I think that just because you and some of the other steelers posters want something to happen doesn't make it so - its all about opinions, and surprise, surprise our differ.

Cheers

NM

Livinginthe past
09-25-2005, 09:08 AM
lol, i like this dude ^^^^ you a funny man, just speaks the truth and puts a hint of assholeness in his post when responding to this other fool, i love it.

dillion will become a cancer look at him already acting like a little b---h on the sideline cause he didn't get enough carries when y'all played the raiders, it's only gonna get worse, but go ahead and lie to yourself that he ain't so you can comfort yourself

You look awful cute in that cheerleaders outfit Koopa - im sure Suitanim is thankful of your support lol

Cheers

NM

BengalBrian
09-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Ya wanna stake something on this Brian? I am convinced that the guy is going to be no problems to us this year - how bad you think its going to get?

Will he be disciplined by BB?

Cheers

NM
It wont happen this season.. It will happen next year when you suck

Livinginthe past
09-27-2005, 02:00 AM
It wont happen this season.. It will happen next year when you suck

Hey Bri,

You know something we dont? What makes you think we are going to suck next year...we aren't even a quarter of the wayinto THIS year.....??

With a bit of luck we should have Rodney and Bruschi returning from IR - to help us defend our title again..... :grin:

Cheers#

NM

Soldier4Steelers
09-27-2005, 02:12 AM
bengals LOOK, keyword LOOK legit, but 3 games in and 3 wishy-washy teams down.... 13 long weeks ahead of the bengals but palmer is hot right now. we will see. the pats have a tough task of rebuilding mid season. i see brown playing ironman again very soon. i think they have 2 or 3 losses in there schedual but will still end up in the afc title game.... i cant really make a guess for the steelers that would be fair until i see them against the chargers. rebounding after a tough loss is huge, specialy with colts late in the season.