PDA

View Full Version : Sepulveda brings linebacker mentality

The Duke
07-25-2007, 01:06 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/2007-07-24-steelers-punter_N.htm

Nice article on how he got to be a punter.

Jman
07-25-2007, 01:11 PM
"Sepulveda says he posted time of 4.43 seconds when running the 40-yard dash for NFL scouts this past spring. That's faster than either of the two linebackers the Steelers drafted with their first two picks this year, Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley."

Tis a good time to be on the Steelers special teams...Let's hope so anyway... :tt02:

tony hipchest
07-25-2007, 01:38 PM
there was never a running threat with gardocki on fake punts. our opponents were able to set up for great returns. if sepulveda takes off on a fake punt does anyone think a special teamer like s. morey or c. iwouma is going to bring him down. are any back up LB special teamers gonna even be able to chase him down? not only will he boom the ball, but after he converts his 1st fake punt, teams will have to bring extra people up to defend and that will alter their return protection. his impact will be 3 fold. he could win a game or 2 by himself. i predict 1 rookie of the week award and 1 appearance on "jacked up" :chuckle: he'll prove to be worth the 4th and 6th pick. hell, last year we simply cut our 4th and 5th rounders.

i think "Tootsie Roll" will be his stadium theme song.

"let me see your aussi roll.... aussi roll....let me see your aussi roll"

rog
07-25-2007, 02:04 PM
I didn't know punters even ran the 40 that time is impressive.

MACH1
07-25-2007, 02:08 PM
I'd like to see when he decleats someone too.

tony hipchest
07-25-2007, 04:18 PM
I didn't know punters even ran the 40 that time is impressive.he wanted to do the bench press at the combine and they told him nobody cares how much weight a kicker can lift.

by the freakish look of his arms in the above posted story and his new special teams coach saying he looked like he belonged in "muscle and fitness" magazine, im guessing he can throw the iron also.

must be rough for db's when hes in the weightroom, leaving them in the dust.

HometownGal
07-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Very nice read - thanks! :cheers:

Being tough and a strong guy is gravy, but as long as he does his job booting those punts and keeping the opponents deep in their own territory, that's all I'm really concerned about. :tt02:

Preacher
07-25-2007, 04:59 PM
I can hear it now...

Hey.... You ain't done on the weight stack yet... Our punter can out bench you!!

Why do I have the feeling he is going to be the recipient of a love/hate relationship... Loved on the field, hated in the weight room!

SteelerWatch
07-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Hey.... You ain't done on the weight stack yet... Our punter can out bench you!!

Yeah, but in this case that's no put-down! Based on his build, he looks like a white Jevon Kearse with great hang time.

tony hipchest
07-25-2007, 07:22 PM
Yeah, but in this case that's no put-down! Based on his build, he looks like a white Jevon Kearse with great hang time.
now i havent seen to many pictures, but dude is definitely a punter version of "the freak". (on a sidenote, i heard javon kearse was down to 1% body fat wich is actually unhealthy.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/sepulvedax.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/seniorbowlplayersvisit2107.jpg

dudes got forearms like popeye, unlike pretzel stick boy:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/Martin_Gramatica_Celebrates_small.jpg

i dont think anybody will be blowing up sepulveda like sean taylor did (bills punter) moorman in the pro bowl.

steelpride12
07-25-2007, 09:04 PM
i can see it now our punter player MLB and punter!

duma
07-25-2007, 10:55 PM
I can't wait to watch his punts go over the heads of an NFL punt returner. Watching Youtube, it seems to happen more then it should. The kid can kick!

fansince'76
07-25-2007, 11:01 PM
No question the kid can kick, but can he develop the "touch" to consistently put the ball inside the 10, and still keep it out of the end zone?

TackleMeBen
07-25-2007, 11:13 PM
by the freakish look of his arms in the above posted story and his new special teams coach saying he looked like he belonged in "muscle and fitness" magazine, im guessing he can throw the iron also.

well at least they wouldnt have to photoshop him on the cover of a fitness magazine like the did here..

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/3.jpg

tony hipchest
07-26-2007, 12:30 AM
No question the kid can kick, but can he develop the "touch" to consistently put the ball inside the 10, and still keep it out of the end zone?

i think so-

In practice Tuesday he worked on a special kick he does from inside the opponent's 40-yard line.

Adapted from Australian football, rugby, it's called the "Aussie roll." Instead of holding the ball with the point facing toward the goal line, Sepulveda holds it with the point facing down. When he kicks it, the ball rotates like a kickoff instead of sailing like a punt.

It is designed to hit near the goal line and bounce up or back. In practice Tuesday, Sepulveda consistently had it bounce that way.

"lemme see that tootsie roll....that tootsie roll..."

Preacher
07-26-2007, 12:54 AM
Once again...

It is so weird to get so excited about a guy that we don't want to see play.

SteelerWatch
07-26-2007, 10:41 AM
I hope we punt on our first drive, honestly. I want to see Romeo Crenell wet himself when he sees his returner carried off the field after getting leveled by our punter. :tt02:

rog
07-26-2007, 12:43 PM
If he has hands they might let him try returning punts considering what we seen last year.