PDA

View Full Version : Ben on Jim Rome

Tankus_Maximus
07-26-2007, 01:37 AM
Ben Roethlisberger is slated to appear on Jim Rome's radio show, Thursday 7/26/07.

Look forward to a great interview, as Rome has always had Ben's back.

We got the karma comin into the season, should be great!!!!

tony hipchest
07-26-2007, 01:45 AM
^^^^^^"rack him"^^^^^^

the jungle karma never fails.

thanks for the heads up. :cheers:

Galax Steeler
07-26-2007, 04:57 AM
Can't wait.

steelpride12
07-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Great, thanks!

rog
07-26-2007, 01:49 PM
With Ben being on that will give me a reason to watch not a big fan of Rome. Anyone alse?

fansince'76
07-26-2007, 02:07 PM
With Ben being on that will give me a reason to watch not a big fan of Rome. Anyone alse?

I agree rog, I can't stand Rome or his pompous, holier-than-thou attitude, but I'll probably tune in due to Ben.

EDIT: Ah well, scratch that - missed it.

tony hipchest
07-26-2007, 02:08 PM
it was on the radio show. im a huge jim rome fan.

pretty good interview. ben has toned down his knocks on cowher but is still answering the questions honestly.

biggest difference this year? tomlin "lets the coaches coach". he says arians will know how to get the most out of the offensive weapons. expect more "stretching the field" throwing to te's in the redzone and passes to the running backs.

he has all the confidence in the world in his linemen (he specifically mentionned faneca, smith, starks, okolbi and simmons.)

the whole team is buying in and trusting what tomlin preaches although they know the "bullets havent started flying" yet.

as the fraternity of qb's go he kinda felt bad for vick but as a lifelong dog lover called it repulsive.

duma
07-26-2007, 03:19 PM
His website generally will allow you to listen to the show (or just interviews). It isn't up yet, but should be soon. I would post the link, but I don't have that power.

Big7BenHOF
07-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Darn. Missed it.

revefsreleets
07-26-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm a Romey fan, but, yeah, he isn't for everyone. I had this marked on my calendar and got swamped and missed it. Looking forward to that link.

LarryNJ
07-26-2007, 07:36 PM
I think you have to be a paid member of his site to access the interviews.

WWIIOwheelz
07-27-2007, 12:59 AM
Steelers QB / 7-26-2007

The Pittsburgh Steelers are looking to rebound after an 8-8 season that led to the departure of their longtime coach Bill Cowher. One of the keys to that turnaround is 4th year Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. "Big Ben" called into the Jungle to talk about the rough 2006 year and things under new Head Coach Mike Tomlin.

Ben refused to blame his poor season last year on the well publicized heath issues he had stemming from his motorcycle accident and his appendectomy four days before the season started. He says he just didn't have a good year on the field and thinks he will come back this season and have a performance that matched his first two years in the League.

Ben had some good things to say about new Head Coach Mike Tomlin. Ben also admitted that Bill Cowher always treated him like a young guy. And considering Cowher had been coaching as long as Ben had been alive, that would probably happen.

Like to hear it also

delhess
07-27-2007, 07:03 AM
i used to listen to rome before i got the sirius. (can't listen to that many comercials anymore) i would love to hear the interview. come on clones, give us a copy, please....

del in lancaster
war : mikey t and the boys kickin the browns a$$ opening day!

SalukiSteelers
07-27-2007, 11:56 AM
War the Jungle.

wharalson
07-27-2007, 11:58 AM
watched him years ago but not now.

wharalson
07-27-2007, 11:59 AM
tell me how did the interview go well, i hope.

wharalson
07-27-2007, 12:01 PM
how is ben going to play year is he completely healthy.