Nov. 3 v. Wisonsin* TBA
Nov. 10 v. Illinois* TBA
Nov. 17 @ Michigan* TBA

*Conference Game
HOME GAMES IN BOLD
THE GAME-MICHIGAN V. OHIO STATE IN ITALICS AND UNDERLINED

warddj86
08-01-2007, 05:54 PM
They could go 11-1 or 10-2 depending on how good Wisconsin is.

revefsreleets
08-01-2007, 06:12 PM
As a lifelong Bucks fan, I'm not happy about the YSU game, although I understand it. The Buckeyes have NEVER played a division 1-AA school in modern times, and it's going to be a slaughter. However, I understand that Tressel is throwing a bone to his old team, and the Penguins will benefit greatly from the payday.

That Akron game will be a tougher game then people think. The Zips beat NCST on the road last year, so they know how to upset teams on the road. I also think that Minnesota game is a classic hangover affair. I expect the Gophers to keep it closer than they should.

After that, there won't be a challenge until PSU, and that 4 game run will determine the Bucks season. I expect the Buckeyes to have a huge chip on their shoulder this year after being humiliated in the championship game.

The Duke
08-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Stupid question, who's the QB for the buckeyes now?

revefsreleets
08-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Stupid question, who's the QB for the buckeyes now?

That's not a stupid question at all. Todd Boeckman was the early favorite, and he looks like the prototypical QB on paper: 6'5" 235, smart, rocket arm and "held the clipboard" for a couple years. But Rob Shoenhoft also does a lot of the same things, and he's even bigger (6'6" 240) and more "NFL QB-like". But the guy who most impressed in the Spring game was Antonio Henton, listed at 6'2" and 210, but for all intents and purposes is the second coming of Troy Smith. Hell, it was hard to tell that Hinton WASN'T Smith.

Whoever wins the battle will be a quality QB, and by the time OSU plays PSU, that will be the least of the Lions worries.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-01-2007, 07:19 PM
I think the Bucks could do pretty well this year. They've got a bruising o-line, a young talented RB and a good defense. I don't see them going to a BCS Bowl but the should finish 10-2 or 9-3.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-01-2007, 07:47 PM
I think the Bucks will have a shot at a BCS Bowl.We can easily lose only one game this year.

SteelCityMan786
08-01-2007, 08:19 PM
8-4 or 9-3 at best. The offense for Ohio State is going to be rebuilding this year, BUT, if they have as quick of an improvement as the Defense did last year, who knows. Right now though, they have to be REALLY lucky to go to a BCS Bowl. I just think that Offense has too many critics to silence.

warddj86
08-02-2007, 06:43 PM
I hate to disagree with you steelcityman786 but i have to, check out my projections

Sept. 1 v. Youngstown State 12:00 PM W
Sept. 8 v. Akron 12:00 PM W
Sept. 15 @ Washington 3:30 PM W
Sept. 22 v. Northwestern* TBA W
Sept. 29 @ Minnesota* 8:00 PM W
Oct. 6 @ Purdue* 8:00 PM W
Oct. 13 v. Kent State TBA W
Oct. 20 v. Michigan State* (Homecoming) 3:30 PM W
Oct. 27 @ Penn State* 8:00 PM W
Nov. 3 v. Wisonsin* TBA L
Nov. 10 v. Illinois* TBA W
Nov. 17 @ Michigan* TBA L (er!)

*Conference Game
HOME GAMES IN BOLD

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-02-2007, 09:46 PM
8-4 or 9-3 at best. The offense for Ohio State is going to be rebuilding this year, BUT, if they have as quick of an improvement as the Defense did last year, who knows. Right now though, they have to be REALLY lucky to go to a BCS Bowl. I just think that Offense has too many critics to silence.

The only position on O that I see a question mark at is Qb. We have a mamoth line with tons of expirience, a pretty good corp of WR in Hartline, Robo and Small(they're no Ginn/Gonzo combination but their not bad either) and I see Chris and Maurice Wells being a good combination of speed, power, and durability at the running back position. But I do agree with you that it will be very unlikely for the Buckeyes to reach a BCS Bowl game and I also see them going 9-3.

SteelCityMan786
08-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Only way Ohio State beats Penn State, is if the D doesn't show up. Penn State just doesn't lose at home easily. Michigan learned that last year and figured how to overcome it. Ohio State won't. You guys lost way too much offense. Ginn, Smith, Gonzalez, and Pittman all GONE!

SteelCityMan786
08-02-2007, 09:54 PM
The only position on O that I see a question mark at is Qb. We have a mamoth line with tons of expirience, a pretty good corp of WR in Hartline, Robo and Small(they're no Ginn/Gonzo combination but their not bad either) and I see Chris and Maurice Wells being a good combination of speed, power, and durability at the running back position. But I do agree with you that it will be very unlikely for the Buckeyes to reach a BCS Bowl game and I also see them going 9-3.

One problem, Smith, Gonzo, Ginn, and Pittman were the majority of your offense like Notre Dame's majority of Offense was Quinn, Walker, and Smardzja last year. I just think Ohio State has lost too much.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-02-2007, 10:47 PM
One problem, Smith, Gonzo, Ginn, and Pittman were the majority of your offense like Notre Dame's majority of Offense was Quinn, Walker, and Smardzja last year. I just think Ohio State has lost too much.

I definitly agree with you that they will not IMO contend for the national title this season but I really dont think that their offense is gonna be as stagnet as people think. I think that Pittman made a good decision in entering the draft early because he more than likely would have lost his starting spot to Chris Wells, who I honostly believe could rush for 1300-1500 yards this season. Do I think that the are gonna win the Big Ten? No, but I really believe that they are gonna surprise some teams this year.

SteelCityMan786
08-02-2007, 10:50 PM
I definitly agree with you that they will not IMO contend for the national title this season but I really dont think that their offense is gonna be as stagnet as people think. I think that Pittman made a good decision in entering the draft early because he more than likely would have lost his starting spot to Chris Wells, who I honostly believe could rush for 1300-1500 yards this season. Do I think that the are gonna win the Big Ten? No, but I really believe that they are gonna surprise some teams this year.

I think they might make an appearance at a bowl like the Alamo bowl which for Ohio State in a rebuilding year is not bad at all.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-02-2007, 10:56 PM
I think they might make an appearance at a bowl like the Alamo bowl which for Ohio State in a rebuilding year is not bad at all.

They also might have a shot at the Outback Bowl but that may be stetching it.

SteelCityMan786
08-02-2007, 11:00 PM
They also might have a shot at the Outback Bowl but that may be stetching it.

yeah I think it is stretching it. I wouldn't set the bar too high on the new starting QB.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-02-2007, 11:07 PM
The thing is this year in the Big Ten after Michigan and Wisconsin I feel it is a toss up between Penn State, Minnesota, Mich State and OSU for third.

SteelCityMan786
08-03-2007, 07:55 AM
The thing is this year in the Big Ten after Michigan and Wisconsin I feel it is a toss up between Penn State, Minnesota, Mich State and OSU for third.

I actually think the Big Ten is a true toss up in the top 3. 4th on down should be easy to figure out.

The 3 games I think may determine who wins the Big Ten are Penn State vs. Michigan, Penn State vs. Wisconsin, and Wisconsin vs. Michigan.

Overall I think Penn State takes 1, Michigan 2, and Wisconsin takes 3 if that new QB doesn't mess things up. The new QB has started only 2 games.

silver & black
08-03-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm really not a big fan of college ball, but I do follow the Bucs and watch all the games. Is it just me, or is this schedule kind of weak with Youngstown, Akron, and Kent State?

revefsreleets
08-03-2007, 03:36 PM
The Buckeyes decided a few years ago to play in-state D1A teams to keep the money at home. That pretty much means MAC teams (with the exception of Cincinnati). Toledo, Miami, Akron and Central Michigan have all knocked off ranked teams in the last 10 years, so it's a risky decision.

As for other out of conference games, there are very teams teams in the country that schedule as tough as the Buckeyes. Texas (last two years), USC, Oklahoma, VT, Miami(FL), and Cal are all scheduled games in the next few years.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-26-2007, 12:04 AM
The Youngstown State game is him throwing a gift to the school he used to coach. He won 5 National Championships at YSU. YSU is gonna make buku money off of this one game.

Those mid-major teams are much better than given credit for, just look at Boise State last year when they beat Oklahoma. The MAC puts out a lot of good teams. You don't have to be in a BCS conference to have a good team.

For those who think Ohio State just loads up on easy teams for a soft schedule, chew on this:

2008 season- We play @ USC in our 3rd game of the season. USC doesn't miss a beat when they lose players to graduation or the draft under Pete Caroll. So don't expect them to be on a down year after losing John David Booty.

2009 season- Vs. USC in the SEASON OPENER! This very game could decide the National Championship matchup. Most teams have some crap team opening the season for a warm up before they play any real competition.

2010 season- Vs. Miami (FL). I think Miami will be back this year. By 2010 they will be a dominant force in the ACC and the BCS again.

In past seasons we have played:

Texas (home and home- 2005 and 2006)

North Carolina State (home and home 2003 and 2004, back when they were good with Phillip Rivers)

Historicly under Tressel we've played at least one strong OOC game a season.

I think this year we actually were supposed to play a game against Oklahoma but they didn't want to do a home and home, they wanted to do a one-shot game at Oklahoma and the Buckeyes weren't having that.

I have also heard that there are ongoing discussions with Oklahoma for a home and home after the 2010 season.

Don't be surprised to see Ohio State scheduling home and home out of conference games against teams like: Notre Dame, Florida State, Boston College, North Carlolina (Butch Davis is gonna turn that team into a powerhouse), Tennessee, West Virginia, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Arkansas, and LSU.

I think Tressel and the Buckeyes pride themselves on playing a schedule that isn't exactly pudding.

revefsreleets
08-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Beanie Wells is gonna surprise a lot of people this year.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Beanie Wells is gonna surprise a lot of people this year.

No doubt. I can't wait to see him run behind that huge o-line this year.

revefsreleets
08-27-2007, 07:19 PM
I found an article about Wells. It's really long, so here are the excerpts:

After the stunning setback in Arizona, Ohio State coaches told the freshman tailback from Garfield they were expecting him to carry the offensive load in 2007. Even before he knew Antonio Pittman would leave early for the NFL, Wells vowed to himself he would step it up and be ready.

Longtime friend and OSU teammate Lawrence Wilson of St. Vincent-St. Mary watched Wells improve his work ethic. During summer conditioning, Wells got up at 6 a.m. and worked out twice a day, with the older players in the morning and the younger ones in the afternoon. On days off, he ran with junior defensive end Wilson and junior receiver Brian Robiskie, going out sometimes as late as midnight to hit the Woody Hayes Athletic Center or Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.

After all his training, Wells is a rock-solid 6-foot-1 and 230 pounds. He said a typical day included a workout from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m., class and lunch, then back for the second session at 3 p.m. He lifted weights twice, working different muscle groups.

Running backs coach Dick Tressel said Wells' intense training showed more than an interest in being physically prepared.

''It's also an indicator of his understanding of team,'' Tressel said. ''You gain respect. He wants guys to know, 'I'm going to do what it takes.'''

Tressel said Wells taking a leadership role had nothing to do with Pittman's departure.

''He would have talked that way whether Pittman left or not because he was moving along the chain of events,'' Tressel said. ''You start to feel comfortable with the situation, what opportunities you have, what you can contribute. I wouldn't tie it to Antonio Pittman, I would tie it to Chris Wells' development.''

RoethlisBURGHer
08-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Wells is gonna be such a beast for his entire Buckeyes career. I see a Heisman in his future.

revefsreleets
08-28-2007, 05:47 PM
With a new QB and a return to Tressel ball, he may be in a situation where if everything clicks, he could put up Heisman like numbers this year, but there's no way he wins it, not with McFadden, Slayton, Hart and PJ Hill already front-running in the RB category.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-28-2007, 09:27 PM
I said in his future, I don't expect him to win it this year. I can see him winning it next year.

Elvis
08-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Sept. 1 v. Youngstown State 12:00 PM
Sept. 8 v. Akron 12:00 PM
Sept. 15 @ Washington 3:30 PM
Sept. 22 v. Northwestern* TBA
Sept. 29 @ Minnesota* 8:00 PM
Oct. 6 @ Purdue* 8:00 PM
Oct. 13 v. Kent State TBA
Oct. 20 v. Michigan State* (Homecoming) 3:30 PM
Oct. 27 @ Penn State* 8:00 PM
Nov. 3 v. Wisonsin* TBA
Nov. 10 v. Illinois* TBA
Nov. 17 @ Michigan* TBA

*Conference Game
HOME GAMES IN BOLD
With a schedule that easy, you shouldnt even have 1 loss... Michigan is your toughest game of the year right? Maybe Wisconsin and Penn St.

revefsreleets
08-31-2007, 06:09 PM
With a schedule that easy, you shouldnt even have 1 loss... Michigan is your toughest game of the year right? Maybe Wisconsin and Penn St.

But PSU's schedule is about the same, and I've got them at 2-3 losses.

Sept. 1 Florida International (W)
Sept. 8 Notre Dame @ 6:00 PM (W) ND isn't even ranked and it's Happy Valley
Sept. 15 Buffalo (W)
Sept. 22 @ Michigan (L)
Sept. 29 @ Illinois (W)
Oct. 6 Iowa (W)
Oct. 13 Wisconsin @ 3:30 PM (???)
Oct. 20 @ Indiana (W)
Oct. 27 Ohio State @ 8:00 (L)
Nov. 3 Purdue (W)
Nov. 10 @ Temple (W)
Nov. 17 @ Michigan State (W)

I said in his future, I don't expect him to win it this year. I can see him winning it next year. No doubt. My point is that he may just put up Heisman type numbers before anyone outside of Ohio even knows who he is.