PDA

View Full Version : Tackle Jeremy Bridges Arrested

83-Steelers-43
07-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Taking a page from Pacman Jones.....

Panthers tackle Bridges arrested on misdemeanor assault charge

By MIKE CRANSTON, AP Sports Writer
July 26, 2007

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Carolina Panthers tackle Jeremy Bridges was arrested Thursday and charged with misdemeanor assault after he was accused of pointing a gun at a female employee of a strip club.

Capt. Lisa Goelz of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg police department said the incident occurred Wednesday night at Club Onyx in Charlotte, but the woman didn't file a complaint with police until Thursday.

Bridges was arrested Thursday afternoon and released on $3,000 bond.

Panthers spokesman Charlie Dayton said the team was gathering information.

"Those who know this organization knows we take these situations seriously," Dayton said.

Dayton said he was unsure if Bridges would report to training camp on Friday. Players are due in Spartanburg, S.C., by noon for a series of meetings. The first practice is Saturday morning.

Bridges could also face disciplinary action from the NFL under the league's new, tougher conduct policy.

Bridges is the second Panthers player to be arrested in the offseason. D'Anthony Batiste was acquitted of carrying a concealed weapon after a Mecklenburg County judge ruled his arrest for a window tint violation was a pretext to search Batiste's car.

The 6-foot-4, 326-pound Bridges was signed last September after starting left tackle Travelle Wharton sustained a season-ending knee injury. He eventually moved into the starting lineup at right tackle when Jordan Gross moved to the left side to replace Wharton.

Bridges, who played at Southern Mississippi, spent two seasons with the Arizona Cardinals and started 11 games before he was cut in training camp in 2006. The Panthers were impressed with how he filled in last season, and he was a candidate to remain a starter this season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-panthers-bridges-assault&prov=ap&type=lgns

Livinginthe past
07-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Wow...a strip club you say?

Those joints don't normally cause any trouble at all.

I wonder if the teams who don't get this type of trouble,have some sort of code of conduct where visiting strip clubs is off bounds altogether?

fansince'76
07-27-2007, 12:49 PM
I wonder if the teams who don't get this type of trouble,have some sort of code of conduct where visiting strip clubs is off bounds altogether?

If they don't, they should. When I was in the Army, we were given a list of places that were strictly forbidden for us to go, namely strip joints and dive bars. And there was hell to pay if you got caught going to one of those places.

Livinginthe past
07-27-2007, 12:56 PM
If they don't, they should. When I was in the Army, we were given a list of places that were strictly forbidden for us to go, namely strip joints and dive bars. And there was hell to pay if you got caught going to one of those places.

Sure, that makes sense - only bad stuff happens in those places (apart from ladies removing clothing) especially when you factor in the ego's some of these morons carry round with them.

83-Steelers-43
07-27-2007, 12:57 PM
especially when you factor in the ego's some of these morons carry round with them.

And roid rage and w/e else some of these guys are on at the time.

ChronoCross
07-27-2007, 01:23 PM
The way things are happening at strip clubs lately, it would not surprise me if teams start putting in players contracts they are not allowed to go around them anymore..

Livinginthe past
07-27-2007, 01:30 PM
And roid rage and w/e else some of these guys are on at the time.

Sure, alot of these players seem to have a pretty lethal c0cktail going on - roids, over-inflated ego, alcohol......

Its not as if its two guys all the time, waitresses and dancers seem fair game too!

I also wonder about the IQ of these guys, and thats its not only game time intelligence teams are looking at , but also a base level that tells them that they wont ever get the opportunity to get paid so much money ever again.

rbryan
07-27-2007, 01:32 PM
How stupid do you have to be to let something like this happen??

Looks like Roger has another turd to flush. See ya later dumbass

stlrtruck
07-27-2007, 09:16 PM
And in other news Bridges has been traded to the bungles for a 7th round pick and the charge of transferring the case from Carolina to Ohio.

SteelCityMan786
07-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Wow, I guess Godell hasn't been able to put the gun away yet.

Galax Steeler
07-28-2007, 04:11 AM
Look at pacman he lost 60 some thousand in a strip joint.

Preacher
07-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Too much money, too little maturity.

I know this would NEVER fly...

but you wanna put an end to this? Fine. All players get 75,000 a year tops, 100,000 in certain places, like Miami and SF, etc. because of cost of living.

The rest of the money goes into a trust that they get when they turn 35.

I know, it would NEVER work...

but it sure would take care of the problem.