PDA

View Full Version : Mark Bulger- 6 year extension/$65 mil.

tony hipchest
07-27-2007, 04:53 PM
$29 mil. guaranteed. this is important because this deal is probably the one that will set the parameters and market value for ben after this season. there havent been many big qb signings recently unless you count rookies or matt schaub. there probably wont be any big ones next year unless j. jones unloads on tony romo.

Preacher
07-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Essentially, that is a 7 year, 65 million dollar deal, which is just over 9 plus million a year... including guaranteed and non-guaranteed monies. What I would really want to know is two things.

1. What is the cap hits for each of the years (can we take the heavy cap hit in years 3, 4, and 5.

2.. What is the bonus structure, and what will be the cap hit if bonuses are paid out?

EDIT: OOPS........... Just re-read this... 29 mil guaranteed... 65 total!

Okay.. I still want to know those two things.

CantStop85
07-27-2007, 05:43 PM
A bargain deal for one of the better QB's in the league.

stlrtruck
07-27-2007, 10:24 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Ben gets signed before the season begins. If the Steelers wait until after this season, then they could find themselves having to put forth a lot of money that they wouldn't otherwise have to do if they get a contract done before the season kicks off.

However, I think the Steelers FO recognizes how vital Ben is to the success of the Steelers O. They've got to sign him to a long term deal that will make him the QB for the Steelers for years to come but at the same time not a contract that bankrupts the team from remaining competitive. I can only hope that Ben recognizes that too.

SteelCityMan786
07-27-2007, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Ben gets signed before the season begins. If the Steelers wait until after this season, then they could find themselves having to put forth a lot of money that they wouldn't otherwise have to do if they get a contract done before the season kicks off.

However, I think the Steelers FO recognizes how vital Ben is to the success of the Steelers O. They've got to sign him to a long term deal that will make him the QB for the Steelers for years to come but at the same time not a contract that bankrupts the team from remaining competitive. I can only hope that Ben recognizes that too.

He still has 2 years left on his contract. They only negotiate if there is 1 year left unless needed.

steelpride12
07-27-2007, 10:58 PM
good for him he deserves it!

Galax Steeler
07-28-2007, 05:15 AM
That is alot of money but I agree with steelpride well deserving.