PDA

View Full Version : Holmes Returns to practice;

ChronoCross
07-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Sorry no linc yet. Just got the text msg over my phone that he has returned to take part in training camp today.

stillers4me
07-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Good news! One down, one to go.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the news

alittlejazzbird
07-28-2007, 07:12 PM
So I guess the mysterious surgical procedure that Holmes called "personal stuff" and a Steelers team source called "embarrassing" is now officially in the past. I'm sure the team is relieved to not have to keep refusing to talk about it.

noto45
07-28-2007, 07:38 PM
wha tthe heck was th eprocedure and kudos to chrono for the breaking info

ChronoCross
07-28-2007, 08:21 PM
STEELERS NOTES: Santonio Holmes was removed from the physically unable to perform list, and he practiced with the team for the first time on Saturday afternoon. Said Tomlin, "He's going to go and do everything tomorrow, so he can catch up. All of those guys who are coming back (from injury), we'll bring them back bit by bit. Verron (Haynes) did a little more today. He'll do some more tomorrow. We just want to make sure we don't have any steps backward as we move forward." … Tomlin also said that Lawrence Timmons (groin) is still day-to-day as is rookie tight end Matt Spaeth (shoulder). "I wouldn't necessarily call it hurt – he's dealing with something. We'll look at it tonight and see if he can go tomorrow … Sunday's practice is scheduled for 2:55 p.m. and is open to the public.

Jman
07-28-2007, 08:26 PM
This is great news. Perhaps we could have Holmes instead of Ced on the outside now...

nicesteel4life
07-29-2007, 12:49 AM
Funny thing about that today is we got to Latrobe at 11 am this morning. Dropped off two people to get in line and headed over to Kmart to grab a couple of things, Guess who walks in at the same time as us. Santonio, shook my hand and my 4 boys hands and talked with us for a few minutes. I asked him are you practicing today, and he said No going to sit out atleast one more, guess Tomlin thought diffrent. Because as we were pulling out behind Holmes in the lane beside us was Tomlin, both were talking on there phones, probably talking to each other and Tomlin saying, hey walking around the plaza, put your pads on and get out there! LOL

Preacher
07-29-2007, 12:56 AM
Funny thing about that today is we got to Latrobe at 11 am this morning. Dropped off two people to get in line and headed over to Kmart to grab a couple of things, Guess who walks in at the same time as us. Santonio, shook my hand and my 4 boys hands and talked with us for a few minutes. I asked him are you practicing today, and he said No going to sit out atleast one more, guess Tomlin thought diffrent. Because as we were pulling out behind Holmes in the lane beside us was Tomlin, both were talking on there phones, probably talking to each other and Tomlin saying, hey walking around the plaza, put your pads on and get out there! LOL

Wow... that's great. What is also great is that he...

1. Took the time to talk to you all... especially your children!

2. Actually shops at K-Mart. Think about it. He doesn't feel above it! Thank goodness!