PDA

View Full Version : You're ultimate OL

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2005, 01:50 AM
Past or Present Steelers players allowed.. who is your ultimate, fantasy, black n gold offensive line.

Ambridge
09-20-2005, 02:06 AM
TE-Mark Bruener
Tackle-Larry Brown
Guard-Alan Faneca
Center-Mike Webster
Guard-Sam Davis
Tackle-Jon Kolb
TE-Eric Green

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2005, 02:23 AM
Interesting that you brought up Eric Green. I was thinking about this as I was contemplating my lineup as well. For all the problems he was and all the attitudes he brought w/ him on game day.. When he was playing and playing well, he could block anybody and anything and had as soft a hands on a TE that could be found.

rowedf
09-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Mark Bruener was a much better blocker than E. Green. Ambridge, you have to put Dermonti ahead of Webster, I mean nothing against Webby but Dermonti was one of the best centers ever.

Ambridge
09-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Mark Bruener was a much better blocker than E. Green. Ambridge, you have to put Dermonti ahead of Webster, I mean nothing against Webby but Dermonti was one of the best centers ever.

I hear ya! :thumbsup:
It was a toss up between Dawson and Webster but I went with Mike Webster because of his HOF status.
Bruener was definately the better blocker but Green was a beast when he got his hands on the ball.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Leon Searcy,,,Justin Strylzeck... u could make a bit of a case for these 2..they werent best ever but they were on thier when Foster was doing his thing in his prime and helping to lead the way.

Ambridge
09-20-2005, 07:22 PM
I guess Tunch Ilkin and Gerry Mullins should get some mention as well.

I think through the "Glory Years" when most of the Steelers All-Pros were on defense Mike Webster was the lone regular O-lineman who went to the Pro-Bowl.

Isn't Dermonti Dawson eligible for the HOF??

clevestinks
09-20-2005, 07:55 PM
TE-Mark Bruener
Tackle-Larry Brown
Guard-Alan Faneca
Center-Mike Webster
Guard-Sam Davis
Tackle-Jon Kolb
TE-Eric Green

Nice call! I just dont want to see drug addict Eric Green on the list

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Imagine what he could have done had he kept himself clean.. for that matter imagine what Bam could have done had he kept away from it too.. :chair:

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Hands down Dermonti Dawson. An awesome competitor. I really don't know much about Webster. A plus because he couldn't stand that homo Cornholio Stewart.