PDA

View Full Version : Your Second Favorite Team

I.C. Lights
09-20-2005, 08:07 PM
The Steelers are clearly the best: best team, best, fans, best city, best history, the list goes on. But since there's so many games to watch, I find myself rooting for other teams as long as long as they're not playing us. Do you all have second favorite teams who you root for by default in lieu of the Steelers?

For me it's the JETS

Koopa
09-20-2005, 08:30 PM
me because i'm from texas i secretly root for the cowboys just because i'm from here and all my family are cowboy fans, i don't know how it goes or if i'm saying it right but i'm cowboys by birth, steelers by choice, i guess that's the way it goes, i will never go for the cowboys when they play the steelers but i cheer for them when they ain't playin each other.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2005, 08:33 PM
There is no 2nd team, no 3rd team , or even now 1 1/2 team.. Its the black n gold and thats it for me. Every other team sucks! :rofl:

Suitanim
09-20-2005, 08:36 PM
Really don't have any...I find myself cheering for the underdog a lot, also cheering for opponents of hated teams...Rats/Pats/Browns/Boys opponents are usually in favor unless they play each other...if the ignorance level I've recently seen exhibited by the Bungels fans around here persists, I may add them to the list...

Prosdo
09-20-2005, 09:25 PM
I can't say I have one either. There is just no other team that gets me that pumped. Especially living in Pittsburgh. The city is extremely passionate about their football team. No room for any other team lol

BB2W
09-20-2005, 09:57 PM
I was born and lived much of my life in Michigan so I kinda like all their sports teams. I really love my Pistons, and I kinda follow the Tigers and Lions. I always liked Barry Sanders and I would like to see the Lions in the playoffs. I always root for them on Thanksgiving day, and I started a Madden season with them so.....

I guess it is the Lions. :redface:

TasmanianTroy271
09-20-2005, 10:05 PM
The only other team I can really root for would have to be either the Eagles or the Rams, Rams because I like Rams, and they were my team when i got my first football game (Madden '02) and Eagles because they're from Penn. and i like Donovan McNabb's personality.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Are we talking professional teams here only or college teams too ?

pitt
09-21-2005, 12:35 AM
Greenbay Packers because I like Brett Farve. He will be in the Hall Of Fame someday.

Ambridge
09-21-2005, 01:48 AM
There is no 2nd team, no 3rd team , or even now 1 1/2 team.. Its the black n gold and thats it for me. Every other team sucks! :rofl:

:bowdown: :tt:

I couldn't imagine the feeling rooting for another team.... that's almost like cheating on your wife or girlfriend. :grin:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Steelers only.No other team will ever get me as pumped up,excited,happy,pissed off,and sad.

Livinginthe past
09-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Greenbay Packers because I like Brett Farve. He will be in the Hall Of Fame someday.

Im pretty sure that it is the Hall Of Fame statue of Brett Favre that we have seen take the field for the last 3 years for the Pack - its almost like the writers at ESPN are actually picking the team in Green Bay!

Cheers

NM

tootalltoscore
09-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Like BB2W, I have a small fancy for the Lions, I would really like to see Harrington come good, if only to stop all those jibes he gets.

I'm guilty of selecting him as a backup qb in my fantasy side in the hopes of cashing in this year :redface: after Week 2 he might be back to square one.

Blitzburgh55
09-21-2005, 08:50 PM
i kind of like the bucs

Soldier4Steelers
09-21-2005, 10:31 PM
1.steelers
2.steelers practice squad
3.any team playing the pats
4.raiders

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-21-2005, 11:51 PM
1. Steelers
2. Any team that beats the crap out of the Ratbirds :kick:

titandan
09-26-2005, 06:06 PM
My second favorite team is the giants. My first is Tennessee as my name probably reveals. I like the Steelers because of Hines Ward. I love his tenacity and passion for the game. By the way, we did open up a can against the Ratbirds didn't we? Too bad the Titans couldn't continue it against the Rams.
Good game on week one by the way!
Grace&Peace
-dan

tony hipchest
09-26-2005, 08:00 PM
great can opened up on the ravens and the st. louis -tenn. superbowl was one of the all time greats. other than the steelers there is no team i wanted to win a superbowl more than the buffalo bills, but i pretty much root for other players rather than a team. bills were stacked with great players. barry sanders, marshal faulk, ladainian tomlinson are all players i liked to watch and root for. i used to love watching warren moon play too. no one topped kelly though. i always pulled for marino, and c. martin and players from the pitt area. in the nfc i guess i like the eagles being from pennsylvania, theyre like youre little sister- fun to beat up and talk smack to but theyre still family. i also liked the bucks as a kid cause of the cool creamscicle uniforms and dan fouts with the chargers, (i was in cali at the time)

geran42o
09-26-2005, 09:08 PM
1.Steelers.
2.Any team playing the Clowns.
3. Any team playing the patsies.
4. Any team playing the Rat Turds.
5. Any team playing the Bungles.
after that I really could care less

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-26-2005, 09:19 PM
i cant get into other teams or even watching other games the way i watch the steelers.
however i like anyone playing our lovely afc north teams.

Steelboy84
09-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Anybody playing the Dallas Cowboys.

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Psyychoward86
09-19-2009, 04:53 PM
haha, you're funny

stillers4me
09-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Anyone playing the Bengals. Especially if it's another AFC North team. Then I can just root for them all to beat the shit out of each other.

Each week, I root for the teams that give us the schedule advantage. This week, I'm a big Packers and Chargers fan. And any team that is playing the Cheats*, unless it's another AFC North team. Then they can just beat the shit out of each other.

Do you see a pattern starting here?

Pittsky
09-19-2009, 05:04 PM
i was visiting philly for a wedding and stopped by big charlies (legendary chiefs bar) for a diehard friend of mine...gotta respect the passion those guys have for their team. some of the coolest fans ive ever met...kinda pull for them as long as they arent playing us...

Christian Snyder
09-19-2009, 05:17 PM
My second favorite team is the Eagles.

Boomerang
09-19-2009, 06:58 PM
A long way down at 2nd would be Seahawks as its the only stadium i have ever been to and seems a pretty ok organisation..

Vincent
09-19-2009, 08:30 PM
My second favorite team used to be whoever was playing the cowfelons, then the raiders.

Now it's whoever is incinerating islamofascists, then whoever is playing the cheats, the rats, the felons, and the raiders.

HometownGal
09-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Back in the day, it was the Bills because of my adulation of Jim Kelly.

Today, it would be the Saints (when they're not playing us, of course), as I am a huge Brees fan and I think they have a dynamic young coach who, if he had a better D, could easily be a SB contender.

But NO TEAM shares my heart with my Steelers! :tt02::tt03::tt:

solardave
09-20-2009, 06:39 AM
Steelers backups
Tampa Bay Bucs because I lived there for 15 years.

Galax Steeler
09-20-2009, 07:02 AM
Back in the day, it was the Bills because of my adulation of Jim Kelly.

Today, it would be the Saints (when they're not playing us, of course), as I am a huge Brees fan and I think they have a dynamic young coach who, if he had a better D, could easily be a SB contender.

But NO TEAM shares my heart with my Steelers! :tt02::tt03::tt:

That is who I would be pulling for if I wasn't Steeler fan.

Texasteel
09-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Steelers

Steelers Backups.

Texasteel
09-20-2009, 07:32 AM
OK, If I'm not or can't watch the Steelers, I like to watch the Giants. Hopefully beating the cowboys.

Defense baby!

SteelersMongol
09-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Split between the Redskins (cool logo, cool uniform & good players), Packers (great organization & fandom), & Vikings (lived amongst their fans awesome people). :thumbsup: & I hate the New England Cheaters. Oh wait, it says I'm only suppose 2 write about the second favorite team. :wink02:

steelergirl07
09-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Vikings because it's my hubbys team & Green Bay because of the history, and I grew up watching them because it's my moms team.

RavensD
09-24-2009, 02:23 AM
1. Steelers
2. Any team that beats the crap out of the Ratbirds :kick:

lol....no love lost, I see.

steelrush
09-24-2009, 02:52 AM
When you bleed Black'n'Gold, that's the only blood you have.:sign01:

vasteeler
09-24-2009, 06:54 AM
just this past month my brother in law came down with cancer. he is a huge cowboys fan. so for this season (and this season only) my 2nd team is the cowboys

T.Richardson
09-24-2009, 08:54 PM
I cheer other players, not teams, the other player I like is Frank gore, but I do like a lot of players on the Falcons such as Kieth Brooking (now a cowboy), Matt Ryan, Roddy White, and Jerious Norwood. IF I wasnt a Steelers fan, I would probably be a Falcons fan, but...I really have no second team, since I tend to root for players most of the time..

silver & black
09-27-2009, 03:04 PM

I can respect that. I feel the same way, except that it's the Silver and Black for me. :thumbsup: