PDA

View Full Version : Steelers first preseason game coming up

RoethlisBURGHer
07-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Sunday,August 5th is the Hall of Fame Game between the Steelers and the Saints.INMHO,this is just a preview of the Super Bowl.

My friend Jasmine,a huge Steelers fan,lives near Canton and says that the area is filled with Steelers fans because of the game...and the Browns fans hate it because one of thier players is being inducted.

fansince'76
07-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Personally, I couldn't care less about the inductions this year - very weak class, IMO. I can't wait to see the Steelers play their first game under Tomlin, which is the only reason I'll be tuning in on Sunday.

rbryan
07-30-2007, 12:02 PM
I hear ya on that note. I'll watch the game,but the HOF lost a lot of credibility by electing Irvin. I feel sorry for the other guys inducted with this class. They will have the Irvin cloud hanging over them all week.

Another product of the ESPN conspiracy. I wonder what Irvin did to get the boot from ESPN after they were the ones responsible for him getting him voted in.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-30-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm lookig forward to just watching a little bit of football after nothing for five months.

fansince'76
07-30-2007, 12:06 PM
I hear ya on that note. I'll watch the game,but the HOF lost a lot of credibility by electing Irvin. I feel sorry for the other guys inducted with this class. They will have the Irvin cloud hanging over them all week.

Based on numbers, Irvin deserves to get in. However, Art Monk deserves to get in more.

The Duke
07-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Finally we'll see Tomlin in football sunday action. It's gonna be great

OneForTheToe
07-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Is the game going to be shown on anywhere other than the NFL Network? That's all I can find listed on the web.

SteelCityMan786
07-30-2007, 12:26 PM
FOR THOSE OF US WHO GET KDKA IN OUR AREA:If you do NOT have the NFL Network, KDKA(according to Bob Pompeani) will carry the game.

rbryan
07-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Based on numbers, Irvin deserves to get in. However, Art Monk deserves to get in more.

Based on the number of times he was arrested, he doesn't deserve anything. Let alone being elected to the HOF.

OneForTheToe
07-30-2007, 12:38 PM
FOR THOSE OF US WHO GET KDKA IN OUR AREA:If you do NOT have the NFL Network, KDKA(according to Bob Pompeani) will carry the game.

Thank you --- good to know. That means I'm cooking.

I'm usually cooking for the club on Sundays during Steelers's season. Since it is only pre-season, I think they are only going to get hot dogs and kraut. Maybe, some kiebasa and hot sausage, until the first person complains about what they are have for the free food. Then, everything but the hot dogs go away. Really, you have to treat these people like little children. :banging:

Virginia Steeler
07-30-2007, 02:39 PM
preseason games are frustrating -- when the Steelers win, it doesn't matter - when they lose, i hate it like any other loss....it is a no win situation

but of course I will be watching

steelersfanmx
07-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Finally we'll see Tomlin in football sunday action. It's gonna be great

I agree.. I can't wait to see a steelers game! Don't care if its only a preseason game...:tt02:

memphissteelergirl
07-30-2007, 03:37 PM

Another product of the ESPN conspiracy. I wonder what Irvin did to get the boot from ESPN after they were the ones responsible for him getting him voted in.

:iagree:

SteelCityMan786
07-30-2007, 03:40 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I GOT A FEELIN', PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO DA SUPER BOWL!

FINALLY it's good to see we can see some PITTSBURGH STEELERS FOOTBALL.

Preacher
07-30-2007, 06:32 PM
I tink I am going to cook perogies and sausage.... Or boneless buffalo wings!!

I also gotta make sure that the sound system is set up!!

WoooooHooooooooooo

Here we go Steelers!!

steelpride12
07-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Can't wait for the game i'm def. pumped to watch the first game under our new coach and see how well we match up.

iloveben7
07-30-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm so excited for the HOF Game. I've been counting down the days since they announced it last season!! I'm really excited to see how they do under Tomlin. Our AMAZING journey this year starts in Canton and ends in Arizona with our 6th Lombardi Trophy!!

TackleMeBen
07-30-2007, 11:13 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I GOT A FEELIN', PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO DA SUPER BOWL!

FINALLY it's good to see we can see some PITTSBURGH STEELERS FOOTBALL.

Thanks SteelMan... now i will go to bed hearing my son sing the here we go steelers song.lol

Welcome To Smashmouth
07-30-2007, 11:20 PM
My #1 question going into this game is how much time, if any, Timmons sees at LB since he hasn't spent an entire day healthy in camp

fansince'76
07-30-2007, 11:21 PM
My #1 question going into this game is how much time, if any, Timmons sees at LB since he hasn't spent an entire day healthy in camp

None - he's too far behind. Maybe the 2nd preseason game. Please don't ask the same question in multiple threads.

SteelCityMan786
07-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Thank you --- good to know. That means I'm cooking.

I'm usually cooking for the club on Sundays during Steelers's season. Since it is only pre-season, I think they are only going to get hot dogs and kraut. Maybe, some kiebasa and hot sausage, until the first person complains about what they are have for the free food. Then, everything but the hot dogs go away. Really, you have to treat these people like little children. :banging:

No Problem :thumbsup:

SteelShooter
07-31-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm living/stationed in Saints country.

So I am having my neighbors over for the game and I'll be serving Spicy boiled shrimp, red beans-and-rice, shrimp jambalaya, and buttery corn-on-the-cob (so they won't feel as bad when their Saints are getting pummeled).

Of course my flags (plural) and banner will be posted outside on the lawn while the livingroom will be covered in Black and Gold!

Edman
07-31-2007, 12:41 AM
Pretty funny how the Steelers play in the HOF game the same year a Brown gets inducted. Some Cleveland fans must be bugged a little bit. :flap:

It's only preseason, but hey, it's the Steelers and I haven't seen them in action in months. I'm happy when they win, but when they lose, I feel like crap. Even if it is only preseason. Yes, I take them that seriously.

Preacher
07-31-2007, 02:41 AM

None... Timmons is still hurt. I want him to be out until he is VERY healthy.

Galax Steeler
07-31-2007, 04:59 AM
It seems like forever and we are finally going to get some football can't wait.

Livinginthe past
07-31-2007, 11:12 AM
I have to say, im looking forward to my first fix of football this year - for the first time ever we are getting some pre-season games - the Steelers/Saints game will be shown live in the UK.

I'll probably tape it and attempt some amateur analysis afterward :toofunny:

memphissteelergirl
07-31-2007, 11:42 AM

So I am having my neighbors over for the game and I'll be serving Spicy boiled shrimp, red beans-and-rice, shrimp jambalaya, and buttery corn-on-the-cob (so they won't feel as bad when their Saints are getting pummeled).

Of course my flags (plural) and banner will be posted outside on the lawn while the livingroom will be covered in Black and Gold!

YUM! :yummy:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-31-2007, 01:18 PM
If it's only on the NFL Network then I am screwed when it comes to watching the game,because Time Warner Cable...after buying out Comcast in my area...took it off the air because they are cheap.They got an entire new service area,a ton of new customers...and they have driven many away by deciding not to carry the NFL Network.

And at the moment,they aren't gonna carry the Big 10 Network either...but DirecTV will be.Looks like when I get my own place,I am going sattelite.

alittlejazzbird
07-31-2007, 01:59 PM
If it's only on the NFL Network then I am screwed when it comes to watching the game,because Time Warner Cable...after buying out Comcast in my area...took it off the air because they are cheap.They got an entire new service area,a ton of new customers...and they have driven many away by deciding not to carry the NFL Network.

And at the moment,they aren't gonna carry the Big 10 Network either...but DirecTV will be.Looks like when I get my own place,I am going sattelite.

Same here, RoethlisBURGHer - none of us Cablevision customers in the NY/NJ area are allowed to have NFL Network because they're still locked in that litigation mess.

I am SO bummed....I've been dying for Steeler football since the end of December, and now I won't be able to watch them. :crying01:

When we relocate to South Carolina next year, the first item on the to-do list when the new house is finished? DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket!!!!

steelpride12
08-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Like i said i live in the great city of Pittsburgh but during the HOF game ill be in Phoenix, Arizona visiting my Sister and brother-in-law and going to see a few bands. They also have only local cable so no HOF game for me:(, but ill be darn sure to take all my steeler clothes and show my pride off proudly.

stlrtruck
08-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Great, looks like I'll be on the computer or waiting for ESPN to give updates and video. Damn the NFL, I remember when the HOF game was available to everyone!

SteelerWatch
08-01-2007, 12:47 PM

Agreed, and agreed. Transgressions off the field should not overshadow on-field performance. It's not the Hall of Upstanding Former NFL Players. Both players had phenomenal careers and should be remembered for such.

Now if we could just get Bud Selig to realize what a HoF is for, so that we can quit hearing about his problems with Pete Rose.

SteelerWatch
08-01-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm happy when they win, but when they lose, I feel like crap. Even if it is only preseason. Yes, I take them that seriously.

If you didn't, you wouldn't be on here :cheers:

revefsreleets
08-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Woot woot! Got a ticket to the HOF game today...paying face value of $47, too! See, sometimes it's a good thing to live in the Cleveland area.

SteelDogFan
08-02-2007, 08:02 PM
I dont know about anyone else but my remote is happy to see football season come, its like a vacation for it. When there is no football, is it just me, or does it seem like there is nothing on TV. I have Directv and a lot of channels. Yet when football season ends I find myself saying, "man Directv needs to add some channels or something there is never anything on".

Now with NFL all over the place, NFL network and tones of programs on other channels. There is always something to watch. I wish I could get NFL Sunday ticket but thats just to steep.

NV STEELERS 723
08-02-2007, 08:43 PM

That food sounds awesome....I'm coming over!

THEBURNINGBUSH
08-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Question for you guys. Since im a Saints fan, I was wonderin who were some promising Steeler backup to look for in the game. It would make the game more interesting if i had more info on you guys roster like i do mine...Thanks in advance

NV STEELERS 723
08-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Ben Roethlisberger #7 He's competing for the OLB positon against Gregg Lloyd!

OneForTheToe
08-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Well, there is the battle at saftey between 2nd year pro Anthony Smith and veteran Ryan Clark. Similarly, young cb Bryant McFadden is battling veteran cb Deshea Townsend. Two of the most talked about young players are second round pick LaMarr Woodley and rookie free agent Jason Capizzi, who at 6-9 has apparently shown his ability to move and block.

Welcome to the board.

TommyG
08-03-2007, 10:11 PM
I really would like to see Bryan Randall compete for the third string QB. I think the Brian St. Pierre era in Pitt should end.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Question for you guys. Since im a Saints fan, I was wonderin who were some promising Steeler backup to look for in the game. It would make the game more interesting if i had more info on you guys roster like i do mine...Thanks in advance

IMO guys to watch could be RB Gary Russell, Wr Dallas Baker, G/T Willie Colon, Tackle Jason Capizzi, TE Matt Spaeth, and I guess you could include Anthony Smith at Saftey. These though are just who I am looking forward to watching in the game.

THEBURNINGBUSH
08-04-2007, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the info guys!..What will the QB rotation be for the Steelers?..I think both teams are gonna play the starters 12 plays but what about beyond that. I think after a couple series the Saints will let Jamie Martin finish the first half, so your battling safeties might enjoy that! Martin is not that good IMO.....oh yeah..didnt Greg LLoyd retire??

Preacher
08-04-2007, 03:46 AM
Agreed, and agreed. Transgressions off the field should not overshadow on-field performance. It's not the Hall of Upstanding Former NFL Players. Both players had phenomenal careers and should be remembered for such.

Now if we could just get Bud Selig to realize what a HoF is for, so that we can quit hearing about his problems with Pete Rose.

I have to disagree with you. Pete Rose gambled in such a way that it may have affected the very games he was involved in. Regardless of that facts, that defames a sport, and thus invalidates him. Now, if that gambling was on horses, football, etc... He should be in. But because he gambled on baseball, and then lied about it, he hurt the sport.

THEBURNINGBUSH
08-04-2007, 01:46 PM
What about a receiver named Chris Jackson, you guys recently cut him and we picked him up? Probably just a camp body huh?

SteelCityMan786
08-04-2007, 06:52 PM
What about a receiver named Chris Jackson, you guys recently cut him and we picked him up? Probably just a camp body huh?

That's basically what 33 of these players are. Just like the other 31.

Jman
08-04-2007, 08:28 PM

I'd have to agree about the cloud. Really-not a fan at all of M.I. My :twocents: anyway...

MyCuz64Furness
08-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Who's watching??????