PDA

View Full Version : Chad Scott out for season

83-Steelers-43
07-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Scott done for year with knee injury; Samuel continues holdout
Associated Press
Updated: July 30, 2007, 7:53 PM ET

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots defensive back Chad Scott will miss the upcoming season because of a knee injury, the team announced Monday, as cornerback Asante Samuel's holdout continued.

Scott, 32, was placed on the reserve/injured list. The news came just hours after coach Bill Belichick continued to describe Scott's injury as day-to-day.

Last season, Scott played in 14 regular season games with nine starts. He made 44 tackles and had two interceptions. He signed with the Patriots before the 2005 season, which was cut short by a shoulder injury that October.

Scott was drafted in the first round, 24th overall, by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1997. He spent the first eight years of his career with the Steelers.

Meanwhile, Samuel continues holding out for a multiyear agreement after rejecting a one-year, $7.79 million contract.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2955145

The Duke
07-30-2007, 07:01 PM
WIthout samuels and now scott this secondary is gonna suffer

83-Steelers-43
07-30-2007, 07:08 PM
And in other former Steelers news, Fred Gibson has been released by the Atlanta Falcons.

From The Atlanta Journal-Constitution...

Flowery Branch — In a surprising development, the Falcons released wide receiver Fred Gibson on Saturday, just three days into training camp. Gibson, who was signed as a free agent in February, had positioned himself to make the roster during offseason workouts but was told this morning he was cut.

From what I've heard over the years, the kid is dumb as brick.

Livinginthe past
07-30-2007, 07:23 PM
The Patriots secondary always drop like flies.

If Samuel doesn't return then it'll put alot of emphasis, and pressure, on Randall Gay and Ellis Hobbs.

The front 7 will probably have to play to an elite level.

The Duke
07-30-2007, 07:27 PM
The Patriots secondary always drop like flies.

If Samuel doesn't return then it'll put alot of emphasis, and pressure, on Randall Gay and Ellis Hobbs.

The front 7 will probably have to play to an elite level.

You could always put Adalius Thomas on cornerback :wink02:

stlrtruck
07-30-2007, 08:34 PM
They'll need the offensive weapons just to keep up with the points the defense is allowing!!!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-30-2007, 08:42 PM
You could always put Adalius Thomas on cornerback :wink02:

How about letting Randy Moss pulla Troy Brown.:toofunny:

Crushzilla
07-30-2007, 08:47 PM
How about letting Randy Moss pulla Troy Brown.:toofunny:

Or a Troy Brown pull a Troy Brown.

I would have to imagine they let him stay for something and they surely don't need him at WR.

He also fits right into that defense, where you need an AARP card to start.

The Duke
07-30-2007, 08:54 PM

I would have to imagine they let him stay for something and they surely don't need him at WR.

I can see them using Brown at DB this season

steelpride12
07-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Ha its so funny to watch NE suffer and you know what.....i DON'T care!

Livinginthe past
07-31-2007, 12:52 AM

Starters.

Ty Warren - 26 years old
Vince Wilfork - 25 years old
Richard Seymour - 27 years old
Rosevelt Colvin - 29 years old
Adalius Thomas - 29 years old
Ellis Hobbs - 24 years old
Eugene Wilson - 26 years old
Randall Gay - 25 years old.

In short, 8 of the 11 guys are under 30.

I know the exageration was for comic effect, but there is an impression out there that we are getting old across the board when in fact its only really at ILB.

OneForTheToe
07-31-2007, 01:17 AM
I'm sorry for Chad Scott .... don't like to see anyone get lost for the season like that . And at his age, one never knows if it could be a career. Didn't he have a pretty serious knee injury when he was with the Steelers?

Preacher
07-31-2007, 03:40 AM
For some reason, I thought a player that was tagged had to report to camp...

Guess I was wrong.

BTW... Did you all know that Seattly tagged a KICKER last year?

Galax Steeler
07-31-2007, 04:08 AM
so with chad out and samuels holding out who is going to step up. They may be in a hole before season starts.

Livinginthe past
07-31-2007, 10:24 AM
For some reason, I thought a player that was tagged had to report to camp...

Guess I was wrong.

BTW... Did you all know that Seattly tagged a KICKER last year?

Samuel doesn't even have to report to the Patriots at all - but if he wants to accrue credit for the season he must show up by game 10.

Personally, I think he'll be suited up for the first game - he has never earned anywhere near what the Patriots are offering him for 1 year - plus, his reputation is based upon 1 very good season.

revefsreleets
08-01-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm amazed that Scott has played as well as he has for the Pats. When the Steelers released him it was all about the money, but his skills were definitely slipping as well.

SteelCityMan786
08-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Even more bad news for the Patriots D. Maybe Kraft can pull the fine per day of about 25,000 dollars.