PDA

View Full Version : Ummm... Whose bed is this?

Crushzilla
07-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Here's a fun game that has a good story and a good cause attached.

I was just reminded today of a humorous story from last year at Saint Vincent College (where I am a student and resident) and I thought I would take an opportunity to tell the tale and generate a little cash for SF.

Last year, about a week into the semester, my roommates and I in Rooney Hall were drinking a few... a lot... of beers.

After the beer was gone, and I was intoxicated, a friend of mine, who lived across the hall and had stopped in, asked me if I wanted any of the rum her and her friends had been consuming throughout the night.

My better judgment would normally say no, but I, temporarily at a loss for said judgment, agreed.

A belly full of beer and countless shots of Captain later, I was, according to eyewitness accounts, wrecked. I woke the next morning drooling on a pillow that did not look familiar with my shirt somewhere in an alternate galaxy.

I had apparently passed out on her bed sometime during the shenanigans, but would like to state for the record she slept in my bed across the hall. She is just my friend and I would never condone sharing a bed with a woman who wasn't my wife :wink02:

FIRST, I would like to say that drinking as much as I did was VERY irresponsible :dang: and it is VERY important to know your limits for any of those who are approaching legal drinking age.

Now to the game.

She had worked at Training Camp and knew which Steelers had stayed in her room before us students moved in. She even knew whose bed she was now sleeping in.

So the question is Which Steelers' bed did I pass out on?

To make amends for my behavior I will donate some cash to SteelersFever in the name of whoever guesses correctly first.

This means that some of you who do not have the money to donate to the forum you all love so much can earn yourself a "Supporter" tag and all the perks that come with being an SF supporter. Not to mention you can help keep the greatest Black and Gold forum running with a donation. All you have to do is guess a name.

Of course, anyone can guess. I was hoping, though, that we could let some of the guys who haven't donated yet take a swing first to earn the perks.

Please remember that this was training camp so the guy may or may not have been a member of the roster last season.

If we could limit this to one guess a member I think we would all appreciate it.

Have fun.... but not too much fun.

P.S. This is also according to her. I have no way of really knowing if its true, but I'll take her word for it and why not, SF gets some cash.

LarryNJ
07-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Joey Porter

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Are there any rules like a post per day limit? I guess I'll go with Duce Staley as my first pick.

Crushzilla
07-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Nah no rules per day. If interest dies down or no one can guess it we can go ahead and double up.

It was not Duce or Peezy.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Brett Keisel

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Brian St.Piere

Crushzilla
07-30-2007, 08:13 PM
No and no.

Actually let's make it a guess a day.

ShutDown24
07-30-2007, 08:16 PM
James Harrison?

83-Steelers-43
07-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Alan Faneca? If there was a box of kleenex on the night table, Huggies diapers in the closet and pictures of Russ Grimm surrounded by candles and flowers it was definately Faneca's.

Crushzilla
07-30-2007, 08:21 PM
It was not Silverback or Want-Grimm-Back

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Alan Faneca? If there was a box of kleenex on the night table, Huggies diapers in the closet and pictures of Russ Grimm surrounded by candles and flowers it was definately Faneca's.

:sofunny::flap::sofunny:

ShutDown24
07-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Lol this is cool - already got my guess for tomorrow.

Speaking of, was at camp today and sat next to a woman from Baltimore according to her the Ravens draw almost no crowd at their camp and on field access is available to anyone who wants to go watch pretty much without getting too close... just thought I would share that.

83-Steelers-43
07-30-2007, 08:27 PM
and on field access is available to anyone who wants to go watch pretty much without getting too close...

No thanks, don't feel like getting shanked and I don't do coke. I value my life. :wink02:

The Duke
07-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Big Snack!!

Black@Gold Forever32
07-30-2007, 08:57 PM
No thanks, don't feel like getting shanked and I don't do coke. I value my life. :wink02:

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:But getting shanked sounds fun..........:thumbsup:

Crushzilla
07-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Ray Lewis' idea of shanked is far from pantsing people...

It made pulling boyhood pranks very awkward and troublesome...

Duke, It was not the Snackman

83-Steelers-43
07-30-2007, 08:59 PM
:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:But getting shanked sounds fun..........:thumbsup:

Oh it is, if it's done correctly and in the correct spot. I don't trust Ray Ray's aim.

TackleMeBen
07-30-2007, 09:38 PM
i will guess since your friend is a girl.. probably you passed out on a bed that was occupied by
ben

Crushzilla
07-30-2007, 09:42 PM
It was not Ben.

If it were I would probably face the jealous wrath of every woman in the county

RoethlisBURGHer
07-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Troy Polamalu

Crushzilla
07-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Troy Polamalu is correct.

I have to say I was pretty pumped about it once I heard and the hangover was a little more enjoyable.

I'll set up the donation tomorrow.

Good work BURGHer. :thumbsup:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-31-2007, 09:01 AM
That was quick. I figured it would have been someone who signed like a one weak contract or something.

ShutDown24
07-31-2007, 02:59 PM
My next guess was gonna be John Kuhn

Crushzilla
07-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Ya well I figured I had to try and throw you guys through a loop by emphasizing that it was Camp. I had a feeling the gig would be up quickly.

ShutDown, If it were future hall-of-famer Kuhn I would have stole the bed and sold it to Canton.

ShutDown24
07-31-2007, 06:45 PM
LOL - How many years can he be considered a darkhorse coming out of camp before he starts growing black fur and a tail? :P

I agree though, he is awesome.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-31-2007, 07:57 PM
LOL sweet!I just put my finger on a copy of the training camp roster from last year and it was him!

Crushzilla
07-31-2007, 08:04 PM
I sent the cash today and told him Mike it was a donation made in your name.

He checks the PayPal pool every few days.

Good job again.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks Crushzilla...at least it wasn't The Pimp Daddy's bed...lol

melroseplace
09-06-2007, 11:56 AM
don't they bring in different beds for the guys when they stay there? I've slept in beds at SVC and there is no way 75% of those guys could fit in one of those beds

GBMelBlount
09-16-2007, 09:53 PM

LMAO! Diaper Alan? He's still awesome.