PDA

View Full Version : Ah, the good ol Ben

The Duke
07-31-2007, 09:53 PM
GtHDkADKziI

Looking at this seems like last season the biggest problem was actually the o line, look how comfortable Ben was in 2005, and look at the big results

Jman
07-31-2007, 10:00 PM
This is beautiful...

Black@Gold Forever32
07-31-2007, 10:02 PM
The Oline did stink last year in pass protection no doubt and that played a part in Ben's bad year....But all the physical things Ben went through I think played a bigger role...But combining both of those things it was just asking for a disaster type season for Ben.....

SteelCityMan786
07-31-2007, 10:04 PM
Great Video.

This Big Ben is coming back Fall 2007.

fansince'76
07-31-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm surprised the NFL hasn't ordered YouTube to yank that, as it's been up on YouTube almost a week now (26 July). The NFL is pretty anal about live NFL game footage being uploaded on YouTube - explains why the vast majority of NFL "videos" on YouTube are slide shows. Those were some sweet passes, though. Hope to see much more of the same this year.

steelersfanmx
07-31-2007, 10:26 PM
:thumbsup:Great video... anyone know how can I download it? LOL:flap:

The Duke
07-31-2007, 10:32 PM
:thumbsup:Great video... anyone know how can I download it? LOL:flap:

I could tell you but I don't know if the mods have a problem with it

steelersfanmx
07-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Oh.. you can send me a PM...(don't tell the moderators):flap::wink02:

LambertIsGod58
07-31-2007, 10:41 PM
I hope Ben can start winning some games with his arm...To me he's basically asked to just not turn the ball over. How many 300-yard games has he had?

Crushzilla
07-31-2007, 11:18 PM
Ugh.

That Randle El lateral is still painful to watch.. :dang:

If the Offensive Line can buy time for Ben to move around and find a good option we are going to be looking at another productive season. Remember, Ben didn't have an awful year aside from all the INTS.

Could have been because collapsing pockets made his already aching body panic and fire, but if he has time and can scramble around (his real forte) he's very dangerous.

Ben was very lucky to have escaped last year's nightmare season with no damage to that cannon (not to mention other much more important non-football injuries.)

Most of those clips were against pretty weak secondaries in Houston and Tennessee. This year, though, we have more good match-ups against relatively unexceptional secondaries in Cleveland (x2), Buffalo, Arizona, Cincinnati (x2), NYJ, Miami, and Saint Louis. Off the top of my head I can't think of too many amazing secondary members on those squads.

Also, Arians 4 WR sets are generally going to keep that 8th, 7th, and probably 6th man in the secondary and out of the box. As long as the OLine and Willie's blocking (which he has been working on after Hines Ward's recommendation) can handle one on one match-ups, Ben's going to have time to look around to his 2nd, 3rd options and not force so many throws which became easy picks.

I was really baffled at the under throws last year because Ben doesn't have a Quinn-arm. Perhaps the route running really was a mess at times.

The 2 TE sets mean seven linemen including SOLID backside protection from Faneca, Smith, and generally Tuman or Speath (who comes from a run-heavy Minnesota offense and is regarded more of a Blocking TE over a Receiving one).

Its also going to come down to if we can sub all those Randle El clips with Holmes ones. The guy's got the speed, so we'll have to see.

Lots of "ifs", but Tomlin, Arians, and the rest of the Offensive coaching crew have all their ducks in a row.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Great vid.Seemed to me that everyone was clicking on most of those plays. Hopefully that is the case this season.

Preacher
08-01-2007, 02:09 AM
Wow...

that vid so shows how Ben was carried by the Steelers team.

He just managed the team... never really had to make plays!

:wink02:

Galax Steeler
08-01-2007, 05:07 AM
I hope ben can make plays like that this year.

steelpride12
08-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Wow great video, and yes the O-line was pretty crappy, but with a QB like Ben making them plays WOW!

dustyblades
08-01-2007, 10:21 AM
I hope we see more of that kind of thing this season if for no other reason than to justifty the $$$$ spent on a #7 jersey instead of on #86.