PDA

View Full Version : Carson Palmer: Bengals the team to beat in AFC North

Edman
08-01-2007, 10:58 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_519988.html

Not quite as b*tchy as his other interviews. But still, It's Carson Palmer. He can go shove it for all I care. But you can't blame this guy for having confidence.

fansince'76
08-01-2007, 11:26 AM
I'd be worried if he said anything different - it doesn't say much for your team if your franchise QB comes out and says "we suck and we're not going anywhere this year."

atrus20
08-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Yeah, cause winning the division helped them last time...

steelpride12
08-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Well at least he has confidence, but hell we will just have to show him who the team to beat is not only in the AFC North but the whole league!

The Duke
08-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Carson is so funny sometimes

CantStop85
08-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Well at least he has confidence, but hell we will just have to show him who the team to beat is not only in the AFC North but the whole league!

We already saw the Colts in the Superbowl. :wink02:

SteelCityMan786
08-01-2007, 01:34 PM
We already saw the Colts in the Superbowl. :wink02:

Only problem is, they succeeded on BOTH sides of the ball. Cincy has an O, but no D.

rbryan
08-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Hard to get mad at anyone for thinking positive. Still better to be quietly confident than proclaiming that you are the team to beat IMO.

As long as he's not going around promising to " Put a hurtin on the Steel Curtain" I have no problems with the little fella.

Thats gotta be the all time lamest proclamation I ever heard from an NFL player, it may have come across a little better if he wasn't whispering like a little girl when he said it. lol

stlrtruck
08-01-2007, 03:00 PM
"You've got to play great every week because you can get beat if you're not playing your best,'' Palmer said. "We learned a valuable lesson last year, and hopefully that won't happen this upcoming year.''

It took him this long to realize this! Of course knowing something and being able to apply it in reality is quite a different story. My prediction the Steelers end their season once again!

NastyLloyd95
08-01-2007, 03:23 PM
They should be ok if he can put up 45-50 pts a game with that D they have.

HometownGal
08-01-2007, 03:39 PM
"We expect to win our division and make a run at it,'' Palmer said. "We've got enough players, we've got good coaches and we've got some experience.

:toofunny::toofunny::rofl::rofl:

Pssssst - Cartoon - you forgot one important little fact. The Bungles tank every season - they just can't help themselves. Once a Bungle, always a Bungle. Hope you enjoy the upcoming offseason, bud. :cheers:

P.S. You have enough players at present, but by midseason, chances are half of 'em will be back in the pokey.

revefsreleets
08-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Yup, they supposedly learned the same lesson from the season before, when they beat the Steelers, crowned themselves Super Bowl champs, took most of the rest of the season off, and imploded in the locker room during the playoff loss to the Steelers.

This sounds a lot like Mike Vick saying year after year after year "THIS is the year I step up and take responsibility for my actions and the Falcons take the next step" (and see how well that's worked for him?).

Bungals are a 9-7 team at best.

Preacher
08-01-2007, 07:00 PM
OK....

For honesty's sake...

Not much has changed in the AFC North, which Palmer considers to be the best division in pro football. Not surprisingly, Palmer considers the Bengals the team to beat.
"We expect to win our division and make a run at it,'' Palmer said. "We've got enough players, we've got good coaches and we've got some experience. We feel like we've got as good a chance as anybody at making a run at it.
"Every year it seems like the division gets tougher. In my opinion, it's the best division in football. It's a good thing we're in it because it gets you ready for the long haul of the season and for the playoffs.''

That should be EVERYONE's expectation every year. So I really don't have a problem with him saying that.

And here is where he is absolutely right...

"Every year it seems like the division gets tougher. In my opinion, it's the best division in football. ''

Jman
08-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Well....here is the drama....Carson Palmer is a top ranked QB hoping to get what he thinks top ranked QBs should get -the ring. Hey people can dream.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-01-2007, 07:42 PM
What pisses me off is the very begining of the article...they gotta bring up his knee and the Kimo hit.They are already building the excuse in justn incase it doesn't work out for them again.

SteelCityMan786
08-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Bungals are a 9-7 team at best.

I'm thinking more 6-10. Clowns though will be like 2-14, 3-13 though.

Jman
08-01-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm thinking more 6-10. Clowns though will be like 2-14, 3-13 though.

With all the off-field distractions, this could very well be a possibility. For all you Bengal fans saying :blah::blah: be careful...At the end of the season you might be like this: :dang:

CantStop85
08-01-2007, 10:19 PM
What pisses me off is the very begining of the article...they gotta bring up his knee and the Kimo hit.They are already building the excuse in justn incase it doesn't work out for them again.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but a Pittsburgh writer wrote the article for a Pittsburgh newspaper. I don't see why someone in Pittsburgh would want to make excuses for a Bengals player.

SteelCityMan786
08-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but a Pittsburgh writer wrote the article for a Pittsburgh newspaper. I don't see why someone in Pittsburgh would want to make excuses for a Bengals player.

Unless the guy was a Bengals fan in disguise trying to piss us off.

Jman
08-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Hahaha it doesn't matter. Getting hurt is a part of the game...

SteelCityMan786
08-01-2007, 10:47 PM

BINGO! It's a part of every sport. I happen to know that. I suffered my first sports related injury in 9th grade on the basketball team. Now, I have healed enough where I can be practicing Football.

Crushzilla
08-01-2007, 10:48 PM
I always thought the team to beat was the reigning champs. No?

That would be the Ravens this year, but the thing is that, in the AFC North, the team to beat... gets beat.

This division is wide open and its very fair to assume that the Bengals have a chance.

This really is the toughest division in football with 3 teams that are right there in the hunt every year.

But as said before, he has to say these sort of things as the francise man. Seriously, though. The Bengals undeserved swagger is absolutely laughable. What have they even accomplished since their resurgence?

Here are a list of teams that have accomplished as the Bengals have in the past two years: Atlanta, Minnesota, Detroit, Green Bay, Saint Louis, Arizona, San Francisco, Oakland, Buffalo, Miami, Houston, Tennessee, Kansas City, Tampa Bay, NY Jets, Dallas, NYG, and CLEVELAND.

That's right. All of these teams have not won a playoff game in the past two years.

You're right, Carson.... You and these 18 other teams... are the ones to beat this year...

:yawn:

:jerkit:

steelpride12
08-01-2007, 11:33 PM

Im sorry SF but I just wish Carson would stop being such a BITCH about the accident and just move the hell on for heaven sake you keep crying well do it again!:flap:

TackleMeBen
08-02-2007, 12:11 AM
P.S. You have enough players at present, but by midseason, chances are half of 'em will be back in the pokey.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/bungholesmonopoly2.gif

Jman
08-02-2007, 12:49 AM
:hasign:

Preacher
08-02-2007, 02:22 AM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/bungholesmonopoly2.gif

That is hilarious!!

Galax Steeler
08-02-2007, 05:04 AM
That is funny but it is true.

Mosca
08-02-2007, 09:19 AM
The team to beat in the AFC North is Baltimore. They kicked everyones' tails last year, pure and simple.

Tom

Jman
08-02-2007, 09:35 AM
The team to beat in the AFC North is Baltimore. They kicked everyones' tails last year, pure and simple.

Tom

Sad, but true. I don't think I saw anything spectacular last yr by the offence, hence why they lost to the Colts. Even with McNair, they still do not have a fire on that side of the team. This is his second yr, and I won't sell them short, cuz they did good, but I don't see it being that hard to beat them. They are still trying to build their offence.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Thier offense has traditionally blown while thier defense has traditionally been one of the better ones in the league.

Jman
08-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Thier offense has traditionally blown while thier defense has traditionally been one of the better ones in the league.

very very true

warddj86
08-02-2007, 08:03 PM
yeah

Preacher
08-02-2007, 08:44 PM

Tom

Not according to the Bengals!!

Remember when we beat them...and they came out and said that they STILL were the better team?

Some has to explain this winning thing to them.