PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Steelers Fans

NastyLloyd95
08-01-2007, 01:32 PM
I have been lurking for a while and really love the site. It's nice to be able to talk with other Steelers fans. I live in Vancouver Canada and have been a Pitt fan for 17 years. Through the loss to the Cowboys and the Kordell years, but It was worth in the end to know I was not on the bandwagon when we took home the Superbowl. But being so close to Seattle you can imagine the whining I head for weeks.

So I have decided to give my self a big birthday present on the 2nd of December this year. Im going to fly into Pitt for the weekend and catch the Bungholes game on the Sunday night! I have never been to Pittsburgh but I have seen the Steelers place twice.

Any advice on place to stay, where to get the best deals on jerseys, tailgating? Any advice would be appreciated. Im still looking into tickets.

Maybe Ill see you at the game!

HometownGal
08-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Hiya NastyLloyd95 and welcome to SF! :smile::tt02::wave: I will be happy to get you some info on the Pittsburgh area. You may want to consider staying close to Heinz Field and there are several hotels in downtown Pittsburgh, as well as a Sheraton in Station Square, across the river from HF. They have shuttle service from the Sheraton across the river to and from the games.

As far as tailgating, one of our coolest members here - Stlrs4life (Dom) - can give you more information about the tailgate he and his lovely wife host before Steelers games. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
08-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Welcome to Steelers Fever.

If any other hotels are good for you, there is a Marriot down the road from Heinz Field by PNC Park.

The Duke
08-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Welcome. Check out our steelers world thread and feel free to add yourself. http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17056&page=1

fansince'76
08-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Welcome to the board, NastyLloyd95! :cheers:

If you have any questions or concerns about the site, please feel free to PM (Private Message) myself or one of the other mods. Post often and have fun!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Welcome.

steelersfanmx
08-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Oh.. Vancouver...! Lovely City, great landscapes!... beatiful buildings!...
I had the fortune to be there 3 years ago!... love it!:smile:
Welcome to Steelers Fever and greetings from Mexico City!:cheers:

NastyLloyd95
08-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. Id expect nothing less from what I already know about this site. Ill be planning my trip over the next couple of months so Ill prolly be full of questions.

If Anthony Smith can knock out T.J again on the Sunday night it would be a great present. Only 2nd to smoking the Bengals.

HometownGal
08-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Here's a site that may help you with your hotel search, along with other interesting things to do while you are here in our beautiful city! :cheers:

http://www.pittsburgh.net/visitor_information.cfm?CtgID=176&GrpID=4

If Anthony Smith can knock out T.J again on the Sunday night it would be a great present. Only 2nd to smoking the Bengals.

You can enjoy watching that great hit on IBoinkedMyMama by viewing 83-Steeler-43's signature - LOL!