PDA

View Full Version : Al Sharpton...Again!

revefsreleets
08-01-2007, 03:38 PM
I don't watch "The O'Reilly Factor" because I think he's a bit of a nitwit, but I heard excerpts from his interview with Al Sharpton, and I was amazed at the duplicity of this man (Sharpton).

Al Sharpton is publicly stating that Mike Vick should keep his job until he's proven guilty. Remember, this is the same man who demanded that Imus be fired for the "Nappy headed hoes" comment, the same man who consistently demands that police be fired for shooting black criminals regardless of the circumstances and before all the facts are known, the same Sharpton who destroyed the prosecutor in the Tawana Brawley case, the same man who publicly tried and convicted the entire Duke Lacross team, and supported Nifong during the same debacle. This is the height of hypocrisy, and I can't understand why the black community puts up with the damage this guy constantly perpetuates.

83-Steelers-43
08-01-2007, 03:48 PM
I wonder what Al's stance would be if you replaced Michael Vick with Peyton Manning? Just curious. You stay classy Al....:thumbsup:

http://bigredonion.com/wp-content/uploads/blogs/Al_the_political_clown.jpg

SteelCityMan786
08-01-2007, 07:46 PM
I wonder what Al's stance would be if you replaced Michael Vick with Peyton Manning? Just curious. You stay classy Al....:thumbsup:

http://bigredonion.com/wp-content/uploads/blogs/Al_the_political_clown.jpg

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: That's some funny stuff.

Godfather
08-02-2007, 08:29 AM
I can't understand why the black community puts up with the damage this guy constantly perpetuates.

Why is it black people's fault? I don't recall them electing him as a spokesman...it's white journalists who give that moron airtime/

Just go back and look at his vote totals when he ran for President if you want to see what most black people think of him.

Hammer67
08-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Sharpton is a media hoar (I spelled it like that on purpose to drive the censors crazy!) and blow hard. Just like Jesse Jackson. They always seem to show up to make a statement just to get their mugs on the air....I don't remember anyone electing them as spokesmen for anyone either...

rbryan
08-02-2007, 11:28 AM
In our society today you have to come across like some sort of a circus act to get anyones attention.

What ever happened to Gary Cooper?? You know the strong silent type

X-Terminator
08-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Why is it black people's fault? I don't recall them electing him as a spokesman...it's white journalists who give that moron airtime/

Just go back and look at his vote totals when he ran for President if you want to see what most black people think of him.

The fact that he's still able to get a lot of black people riled up tells me that there are still plenty who take him seriously. To me, he's a clown wearing a jogging suit.

Godfather
08-03-2007, 07:47 AM
In our society today you have to come across like some sort of a circus act to get anyones attention.

Yep, kind of like Fred Phelps.

HometownGal
08-03-2007, 08:07 AM
Al Sharpton is a racist hypocrite - there I said it. Carry on.

SteelCityMan786
08-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Al Sharpton is a racist hypocrite - there I said it. Carry on.

Man, I never thought I'd see this happen. lol.

revefsreleets
08-03-2007, 03:03 PM

Let me get this straight? It's white peoples fault that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are for all intents and purposes the most visible spokespeople for the black community? White people are at fault again?

As for the Presidential elections, Al ran in the primaries and conceded. He did, however, garner 32% of the vote when he ran in the NYC mayoral primaries and almost forced a runoff vote.

HometownGal
08-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Man, I never thought I'd see this happen. lol.

I calls it as I sees it. He's as racist as they come and points that crooked hypocritical finger at others.

SteelCityMan786
08-03-2007, 04:57 PM
I calls it as I sees it. He's as racist as they come and points that crooked hypocritical finger at others.

Well Said. :toofunny:

Preacher
08-03-2007, 05:58 PM

Yep.. Race pimps are race pimps... regardless of the color of their skin.

Put a white hood on him, change his skin color to white, and he would fit right in with the clan.

Godfather
08-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Let me get this straight? It's white peoples fault that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are for all intents and purposes the most visible spokespeople for the black community? White people are at fault again?

No, the media's at fault. ":Spokesman for black people" is not an elected position, or even an official position. Jesse and Al are themost prominent "spokespeople" because the media gives them the most airtime, peiod. And the media isn't exactly a black-dominated institution, is it?

Fred Phelps and Pat Robertson are two of the most prominent Christian "spokespeople". Should Christians be blamed for that? Or does that standard only apply to black people?

[quoet]
As for the Presidential elections, Al ran in the primaries and conceded. He did, however, garner 32% of the vote when he ran in the NYC mayoral primaries and almost forced a runoff vote.[/quote]

David Duke did better than that when he ran for governor of Louisiana, and unlike Al Sharpton, Duke has held elective office. Are white people collectively responsible for that? Or does that standard still noly apply to black people?

Edman
08-05-2007, 12:21 PM
You may call me inhumane...

But the world will rejoice the day Mr.Sharpton dies. I know I will. That's one less media-***** hypocrite we have to hear from. I feel for the Duke Lacrosse Players. Their entire lives were ruined because of this A-Hole.

revefsreleets
08-05-2007, 01:16 PM
No, the media's at fault. ":Spokesman for black people" is not an elected position, or even an official position. Jesse and Al are themost prominent "spokespeople" because the media gives them the most airtime, peiod. And the media isn't exactly a black-dominated institution, is it?

Fred Phelps and Pat Robertson are two of the most prominent Christian "spokespeople". Should Christians be blamed for that? Or does that standard only apply to black people?

As for the Presidential elections, Al ran in the primaries and conceded. He did, however, garner 32% of the vote when he ran in the NYC mayoral primaries and almost forced a runoff vote.

David Duke did better than that when he ran for governor of Louisiana, and unlike Al Sharpton, Duke has held elective office. Are white people collectively responsible for that? Or does that standard still noly apply to black people?

Yes, Christians should be blamed for Phelps and Robertson. Those two gain their political clout from strong Religious Right backing, which they neither deny nor hide from. Quite frankly, I'd say that's a pretty apt comparison, though. What, exactly, do Al and Jesse do? How do they get financed? It certainly isn't through the white media.

Duke is not an apt comparison, because he's white and is of the majority. It takes a much smaller (percentage wise) mobilized and galvanized voter bloc amongst a majority to get elected, especially in an overall population of apathetic and indifferent voters.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-05-2007, 02:08 PM
I feel for the Duke Lacrosse Players. Their entire lives were ruined because of this A-Hole.

I know what you mean. Sharpton is angree at the media and public for accusing Michael Vick before he has gone to court, yet he did the exact same thing to the Duke Lacrosse players.He tried to convince all of us that they where guilty before they even saw a judge. The mans a hypocrite and a racist.

HometownGal
08-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Yep.. Race pimps are race pimps... regardless of the color of their skin.

Put a white hood on him, change his skin color to white, and he would fit right in with the clan.

Thank you for saying what I was thinking. :cheers:

I can tolerate Jesse Jackson (but not in large doses) because I believe he truly loves the Lord and believes he is doing "His" work, though he is somewhat racist and a hypocrite. I don't believe the same pertains to Sharpton - he only loves HIMSELF. If he could successfully eliminate the white race, he'd do it in the blink of an eye.

Maidenarcher
08-06-2007, 08:37 PM

This is so funny and I know it shouldn't be.......Because this is exactly the kind of BS that all of these so-called spokes people are trying to stir up....They want everything to be up in chaos and everyone pointing the finger at each other, their race, religion, or political preference....Whatever happened to just respecting the fact and agreeing that it is okay to have different opinions.
However, I will say that if certain races don't want their spokespeople to have the power to speak for them, then they should stand up publicly to denounce them..................

And, just a quite note about David Duke.........Isn't it crazy that a man like that would ever be voted into office.....I definitely cannot condone that......But then again, have you ever lived in Louisiana? ( I am sure it can't be too much different than Miss.) There is a lot of hate here and a lot is based on color, but there is more that is based on attitude and actions.....There is a lot of that here and it makes people prejudice...People get tired of that kind of crap and they go to the extreme..........Didn't say it was right, but it is a fact...................I have lived a lot of places and Louisiana is my home, but I certainly ain't bragging about it....It is certainly arse backwards and there are a lot of people who are scared of the thug element here................Louisiana is also almost at the bottom of every good national list and at the top of every bad list...EX: Top in welfare and bottom of education.

Preacher
08-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Yes, Christians should be blamed for Phelps and Robertson. Those two gain their political clout from strong Religious Right backing, which they neither deny nor hide from. Quite frankly, I'd say that's a pretty apt comparison, though. What, exactly, do Al and Jesse do? How do they get financed? It certainly isn't through the white media.

Duke is not an apt comparison, because he's white and is of the majority. It takes a much smaller (percentage wise) mobilized and galvanized voter bloc amongst a majority to get elected, especially in an overall population of apathetic and indifferent voters.

Absolutely not. PHelps is considered a fraud amongst evangelical Christians. He is a joke and has had NO backing from religious right backing. Matter of fact, his church is mainly made up of his own family. it is all a joke.

Robertson is another ballgame... and most of what has been attributed to him.... he didn't even say.

So no, those two are bad examples in this argument.

revefsreleets
08-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Absolutely not. PHelps is considered a fraud amongst evangelical Christians. He is a joke and has had NO backing from religious right backing. Matter of fact, his church is mainly made up of his own family. it is all a joke.

Robertson is another ballgame... and most of what has been attributed to him.... he didn't even say.

I got Phelps mixed up with Falwell. Phelps is that dingbat out in Kansas that protests soldiers funerals, right?

Hammer67
08-07-2007, 12:08 PM
I got Phelps mixed up with Falwell. Phelps is that dingbat out in Kansas that protests soldiers funerals, right?

Yes...their "church" is more of a cult. No Christian in their right mind would back them.

I am a born again agnostic. I was raised Catholic, went to a Catholic elementary school and was an un-abused altar boy. Study of history and the molestation cover ups made me "lose my religion" as it were. I did marry a stout and good Catholic girl but I don't go to church with her.

The religious right includes the Islamic fascists, let's not forget. There are extremes in the Christian right (Phelps) and Islamic right (Taliban, etc.). The problem is there is not enough condemnation from the moderates of these extremes?in both religions. And the extremes get the most air time and make the rest look bad.

revefsreleets
08-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Since we are "coming out", I'm sort of a pseudo agnostic, but I definitely believe there is a God of some sort. Religions bother me when they force feed that ONLY their particular God is the right one. Unfortunately, that's the driving message behind almost all religions. I find it very interesting that the two most dominant religions today (Christianity and Islam) are the among the newest and the least tolerant.

Preacher
08-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Since we are "coming out", I'm sort of a pseudo agnostic, but I definitely believe there is a God of some sort. Religions bother me when they force feed that ONLY their particular God is the right one. Unfortunately, that's the driving message behind almost all religions. I find it very interesting that the two most dominant religions today (Christianity and Islam) are the among the newest and the least tolerant.

I would take umbrage to this statement.

Christian is not a "new religion" Historically, it is a sect of Judaism. The only difference between the two is that we think the prophecies have already been fulfilled, and tradtional Jews are still looking for them to be fulfilled. As a result, we see the roots of our faith not in Peter, Paul, and Jesus, but in Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. As a result, our faith is the longest standing faith tradition. Hindhuism came into its own abut 1500 BC, about four hundred years after the OT puts God as revealing himself to Abraham. Zoroastrianism was founded almost a millennium later, as was Buddhism (many would argue Buddhism is to Hinduism what Christianity is to Judaism, placing its date with that of Hindhuism), Shintoism, etc.

There is also an extreme lack of understanding in those who see no difference between conservative Islam and conservative Christianity. Christianity in its most true form is one that has NO involvement in worldy government. Its sole purpose is to reach others for Jesus Christ. As a result, true conservative Christianity will be somewhat socially conscious, but on a personal level, interacting with individuals. What you have seen in history is NOT christianity, but politicians and powergrabbers that have appropriated parts of a number of religions to themself to consolidate power. The term Christendom is best used to describe this. Christendom was used to expand power in the middle ages. It was used to justify the crusades, etc. however, it had nothing to do with christianity. The crusades were about putting down the rise of nationalism in Europe by sending the young princess off to battle in foriegn lands. It was about sending off serfs that were getting restless, in promises of land. It had nothing to do with Jesus Christ.

Islam is not the same. In Islam, even peaceful Islam, the governments and religion are combined into one as CONDONED by the Koran. Furthermore, Islam has, from its earliest days, been spread by the sword. Christianity has not. All of the ANE (ancient near east) was introduced to Christianity through peaceful missionaries. It was only after the roman catholic church (middle age church) corrupted the faith (There were many true believers as well, this is not a slight to modern Catholics who believe in Jesus) that we get what is referred today as Christianity being spread by the sword.

And about being least tolerant, that is also not true. Ask China and Korea about the tolerance of Shinto Japan, a religion which teaches that the island and its descandants are all in the line of Gods, with their emperor being a direct descendant, therefore all they do, over the 2000 years to the chinease and koreans, was ordained by God.

Ask the Christians in India what the Hindu's do to them. Ask the Seik's what happens to them in India.

Read Roman history, and learn what happened to Christians that refused to worship the emporer, or the Goddess Roma.

I believe that Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven. That doesn't mean I don't tolerate anyone else. I tolerate everyone else. I also engage them in respectful discussions about my faith. You will find that most true Christians, not those who hold to a culture of Christendom, but true Christians do the same.

revefsreleets
08-07-2007, 05:04 PM
"I believe that Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven".

And you want to lay claim to roots in Judaism to legitimize the age of your religion, but all the Jews who don't believe in Jesus burn in Hell, which pretty much comes down to their religion only being useful to a point. It's this kind of thing that disturbs me so deeply about organized religion. I'm not even gonna get into what the Catholic Church did to your bible.

Anyway, this is where I jump off. Nothing good can come from further discussion on this matter.

Hammer67
08-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Good points Preacher, and I agree. But, the truth is that organized religion has been used as a catalyst for more death and war throughout human history then any other cause. On some stoic level this must seem absurd. Christianity is included in this, no matter the motives. While many of the Bishops, monarchies (and even the Pope) believed that they were achieving a political gain from the Crusades, the common man who fought in them did not necessarily see things that way. One can't excuse the naive masses...much as we couldn't excuse the naive masses who follow the 'Sword" of modern Islam.

Preacher
08-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Good points Preacher, and I agree. But, the truth is that organized religion has been used as a catalyst for more death and war throughout human history then any other cause. On some stoic level this must seem absurd. Christianity is included in this, no matter the motives. While many of the Bishops, monarchies (and even the Pope) believed that they were achieving a political gain from the Crusades, the common man who fought in them did not necessarily see things that way. One can't excuse the naive masses...much as we couldn't excuse the naive masses who follow the 'Sword" of modern Islam.

Hammer,,,

I agree...

What I am arguing is not what the masses have done, but what the reality of the faith itself is. Any and every good thing can and is turned to some type of destructive force.

My point on the crusades is not that the masses were naive, but that most of the masses weren't even really fighting for "Christianity."

You and I however, have a lot of agreement.

REV... I am sorry you feel that you can't continue this discussion. I applaud your foresight and respect. However, if you would like to continue this, either on this board, or in a PM, I would be willing to do so. I will also share with you up front that I will be respectful in all my postings on this subject.

Preacher
08-07-2007, 09:32 PM

Yep..

Thanks for the clarification!

Ding-bat :sofunny::sofunny: I haven't heard that used in YEARS.. I love it!

Godfather
08-08-2007, 08:46 AM
This is so funny and I know it shouldn't be.......Because this is exactly the kind of BS that all of these so-called spokes people are trying to stir up....They want everything to be up in chaos and everyone pointing the finger at each other, their race, religion, or political preference....Whatever happened to just respecting the fact and agreeing that it is okay to have different opinions.
However, I will say that if certain races don't want their spokespeople to have the power to speak for them, then they should stand up publicly to denounce them..................

And, just a quite note about David Duke.........Isn't it crazy that a man like that would ever be voted into office.....I definitely cannot condone that......But then again, have you ever lived in Louisiana? ( I am sure it can't be too much different than Miss.) There is a lot of hate here and a lot is based on color, but there is more that is based on attitude and actions.....There is a lot of that here and it makes people prejudice...People get tired of that kind of crap and they go to the extreme..........Didn't say it was right, but it is a fact...................I have lived a lot of places and Louisiana is my home, but I certainly ain't bragging about it....It is certainly arse backwards and there are a lot of people who are scared of the thug element here................Louisiana is also almost at the bottom of every good national list and at the top of every bad list...EX: Top in welfare and bottom of education.

Katrina evacuee here. I lived in SE Louisiana for 12 years. Plenty of idiocy on both sides in New Orleans...which is why most people with a brain, both black and white, have moved away over the last 50 years.

Virginia Steeler
08-08-2007, 10:47 AM
You may call me inhumane...

But the world will rejoice the day Mr.Sharpton dies. I know I will. That's one less media-***** hypocrite we have to hear from. I feel for the Duke Lacrosse Players. Their entire lives were ruined because of this A-Hole.

i hate to stick up for Al, but fair is fair -- al was not involved at Duke at all....that was all Jesse Jackson.

Preacher
08-08-2007, 02:19 PM
i hate to stick up for Al, but fair is fair -- al was not involved at Duke at all....that was all Jesse Jackson.

On either side of any debate... it is good to make sure facts are straight...

thanks.

Maidenarcher
08-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Katrina evacuee here. I lived in SE Louisiana for 12 years. Plenty of idiocy on both sides in New Orleans...which is why most people with a brain, both black and white, have moved away over the last 50 years.

I totally understand and agree with what you are saying.....Believe me, if it weren't for my family in this state, I would have never moved back after being gone for so many years....

Oh....And, I hope you have found yourself settled and you are doing well since the evacuation.

JPPT1974
08-08-2007, 07:04 PM
He is really something else
The guy is so obnoxious I want
To throw up! :blah:

Godfather
08-08-2007, 07:48 PM
I totally understand and agree with what you are saying.....Believe me, if it weren't for my family in this state, I would have never moved back after being gone for so many years....

Oh....And, I hope you have found yourself settled and you are doing well since the evacuation.

Thanks!! Settled somewhat now.

Louisiana's a great place, but nobody who works for aliving can afford to live there :dang: Hopefully it'll improve with Jindal coming in and a lot of the assclowns in the Lege going out. Plus Baton Rouge finally has some leadership. If it becomes the state's economic center in the next decade, NOLA won't be able to drag the state down as much as it used to.

revefsreleets
08-09-2007, 06:22 PM
REV... I am sorry you feel that you can't continue this discussion. I applaud your foresight and respect. However, if you would like to continue this, either on this board, or in a PM, I would be willing to do so. I will also share with you up front that I will be respectful in all my postings on this subject.

Maybe. I'm just afraid this is going to end up the same way the illegal alien thread will end up. I'm pretty sure I'm heading down an ugly road with Atlanta Dan in that one. But I will continue there, because we are dealing with the known and the knowable, whereas this is pretty much 100% opinion and faith. But I appreciate your civility.

Hammer67
08-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Maybe. I'm just afraid this is going to end up the same way the illegal alien thread will end up. I'm pretty sure I'm heading down an ugly road with Atlanta Dan in that one. But I will continue there, because we are dealing with the known and the knowable, whereas this is pretty much 100% opinion and faith. But I appreciate your civility.

Right...the problem comes about when others feel it is their mission to MAKE you believe (aka Muslim extremists, born again Christians, etc.)

revefsreleets
08-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Right...the problem comes about when others feel it is their mission to MAKE you believe (aka Muslim extremists, born again Christians, etc.)

Yup. And I'll admit, I was scared away by the statement about Preach KNOWING that salvation lies only through Jesus. I wonder how many people have been "damned" over the last 10,000 years for disagreeing with absolute absolutes like that. They burned women at the stake just a couple hundred years ago in this very Country for less.

BlacknGold76
08-12-2007, 12:32 AM

Phelps was and has always been a hate monger of the worst sort. His Westboro Baptist Church is in Topeka, Kansas and frankly I can tell you for a fact that no one in Kansas claims him and his gene pool deficient bunch of dysfunctional family members who make up roughly 80% of his church. Michelle Malkin was saying last night that Fred Phelps is a known Al Gore supporter and a staunch Liberal Democrat. I presume that the SBC (Sothern Baptist Convention) has pretty much disavowed this kook. The sadfdest part is that Fred Phelps Church protests at the funerals of our fallen soldiers which has led to the creation of the Patriot Guard which is there to protect the family members of our fallen heroes from the Phelps protestors.

Preacher
08-12-2007, 12:55 AM

Again, there is a difference between muslims and Christians here.

1. Historically, Muslims have been able to "force" conversion, and those forced conversions are not disavowed by the majority of the Muslim faith.

2. Born again Christians believe that faith is shown from within, thus, no one can "force" faith, or make a person believe. However, we can share and explain what we believe. If you are open to it, then we continue to share. If not, then we pray.

I know there are those crackpots and idiots that go out onto a street corner with a bullhorn, or trap you at work and preach at you for an hour. I do not condone such practices nor do most of the Christians that I know.

As far as my belief that Jesus is the "only way" to heaven, yes. that is my belief. I hold that belief for a number of reasons, including the uniqueness of many aspects of Christianity in relation to any and all other beliefs. However, I also understand that there are those who believe their way is the best, and those who believe no way is the best. I think they are wrong, they think I am wrong, and that is ok. Tolerance is not changing what one believes, but treating someone else with different beliefs with the same respect you treat those who believe like you.

However, what I find very insulting, is when I am talking to a Muslim, Jehovah Witness, or Mormon, and they DONT tell me about their faith. Don't ask me to join them. Why? Because if they REALLY believe that their way is the only way, and they DONT tell you about it... what does that say about how they feel about you?

That is why, Revs and Hammer, I tell you that I believe Jesus is the only way to heaven. Not because I look down on you, but because I want to spend eternity with you. It is a matter of caring about someone, not a matter of disrespecting someone else.

Preacher
08-12-2007, 12:59 AM
Phelps was and has always been a hate monger of the worst sort. His Westboro Baptist Church is in Topeka, Kansas and frankly I can tell you for a fact that no one in Kansas claims him and his gene pool deficient bunch of dysfunctional family members who make up roughly 80% of his church. Michelle Malkin was saying last night that Fred Phelps is a known Al Gore supporter and a staunch Liberal Democrat. I presume that the SBC (Sothern Baptist Convention) has pretty much disavowed this kook. The sadfdest part is that Fred Phelps Church protests at the funerals of our fallen soldiers which has led to the creation of the Patriot Guard which is there to protect the family members of our fallen heroes from the Phelps protestors.

REVS stated that he confused Phelps with Falwell.. and clarified.

BTW REvs...

Thank you for engaging and recognizing the tone which I enter into this conversation. Furthermore, I appreciate your civility as well.