PDA

View Full Version : Who's ticketed for Canton?

The Duke
08-01-2007, 06:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=halloffame/nfl1-10

Two ravens in the top 10, dammit. Vinatieri has a really good chance, he will only be the second kicker in the hall, impressive.

revefsreleets
08-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Vince Young? Calvin Johnson? Adrian Peterson? Matt Leinert? Jesus, this list is atrocious.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Shawn Merriman- It may all be the 'roids.If he doesn't fail another 'roids test ever,and keeps up his current production throughout a lengthy career,then yes.

Reggie Bush- Come on,he's only had one season and didn't break 1,000 yards rushing.He has no reason to be on any HoF lists yet.

Vince Young- Helped lead his team to an 8-8 record his rookie year.Once again,he's only played one year and doesn't deserve to be on the list either.

Calvin Johnson- He hasn't even signed his first NFL contract yet!

Matt Leinart- Another guy who has only played one season,and didn't play the entire season.No need to be on the list.

AJ Hawk- Once again,only has played one season.

Adrian Peterson- Hasn't even played in an NFL preseason game yet...and is already an injury concern.

Okay you have guys who have not signed a contract to even play in the NFL yet on a list of guys who will be "Cantonized",you have guys who didn't even start an entire season last year in thier rookie years...but Ben is an "odd man out"?

He broke every rookie record out there for good performance.Then he went on to become the youngest QB to ever win a Super Bowl in his second year.His third year he has some injury problems and all of a sudden he never was a good QB to begin with?

He got us to that Super Bowl by coming back against Cinci,creating a lead for us to sit and run on against Indy and Denver,and without some big plays from him we don't win the Super Bowl.

Then again,this is ESPIN.

The Duke
08-01-2007, 07:02 PM
The first 20 seem reasonable, the next 20 could be but most still have years left, the last 5 I took them as a joke.

Hines86Ward
08-01-2007, 07:49 PM
The fact that a guy like Willie McGinest is on the bubble while rookies & 2nd year players made the list is a reason why this is a joke.......

SteelCityMan786
08-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Vince Young? Calvin Johnson? Adrian Peterson? Matt Leinert? Jesus, this list is atrocious.

I'd put Roethlisberger in over all of these guys.

stlrtruck
08-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Its a good thing they play the game on the grid iron and not on paper.

Mosca
08-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Putting aside any Steelers bias, that's one of the most moronic articles I've ever seen.

Tom

OneForTheToe
08-02-2007, 12:54 AM
Yeah, but what is more important is "Who's Now." :screwy:

What a ridiculous list. Yeah, ESPN can tell that players who haven?t even put on pads in a regular season game will make or not make the Hall.

Remember when ESPN used to be about sports. :headshake:

Buzz05
08-02-2007, 07:29 AM
Yeah, but what is more important is "Who's Now." :screwy:

What a ridiculous list. Yeah, ESPN can tell that players who haven?t even put on pads in a regular season game will make or not make the Hall.

Remember when ESPN used to be about sports. :headshake:

Yea those were the days before they sold out. Before they would only talk about stuff that would make them money. Back when Sportscenter was actually all sports high lights and not just meaningless video editorials.

msafford
08-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Okay you have guys who have not signed a contract to even play in the NFL yet on a list of guys who will be "Cantonized",you have guys who didn't even start an entire season last year in thier rookie years...but Ben is an "odd man out"?

He broke every rookie record out there for good performance.Then he went on to become the youngest QB to ever win a Super Bowl in his second year.His third year he has some injury problems and all of a sudden he never was a good QB to begin with?

He got us to that Super Bowl by coming back against Cinci,creating a lead for us to sit and run on against Indy and Denver,and without some big plays from him we don't win the Super Bowl.

Then again,this is ESPIN.

Yeah but he was the product of the system, right? It wasn't because of his actual ability! :wink02::wink02: :wink02:

Jman
08-02-2007, 08:44 AM
I think it is well summed in saying, "It's ESPN." Seriously, this network has become horrible.

fansince'76
08-02-2007, 09:06 AM
ESPN. 'Nuff said. :coffee:

SteelCityMan786
08-02-2007, 09:08 AM
I think it is well summed in saying, "It's ESPN." Seriously, this network has become horrible.

I take CBS, FSN, FOX, etc. over them unless otherwise noted for Football. Well, NFL at least.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Wow Fred Taylor not even mentioned as on the bubble and he's only 500 some yards from 10,000!

rog
08-03-2007, 02:16 PM
If I never seen Who's Now I would say this is the dumbest list I have ever seen but since I have unfortunatly seen Who's Now I would say it's just tied for the dumbest list I have ever seen. What is the point of trying to figure out or predict who will make it to the Hall of Fame. After all the Hall of Fame is a reward for hard work, sacrafice, determination, and amazing talent. Big Ben lead his team to a 15 and 1 record and an AFC championchip game his rookie year then to a Super Bowl victory. I still (even bbing the Steeler fan I am) would never say he is going to be a Hall of Famer yet it is just to soon. With that being said having Vince Young, Matt Lienert, Calvin Johnson and A.J. Hawk on this list is just ridiculous. I wonder what guys like L.C. or Art Monk feel about this kind of stuff because there are guys out there that have done the things through out their careers to get them into the Hall, and yet some of the ones that deserve this recognition may never get.

Godfather
08-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Do you have to have a room-temperature IQ to work for ESPN?

If you're going to talk about rookies and second year players, at least pick the ones who had better seasons, like Joseph Addai and Marques Colston.