PDA

View Full Version : What would make you happy?

LarryNJ
08-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Other than the obvious of winning the SuperBowl what would you like to see this year that would make you happy?

I'd be happy to see Big Ben rebound and have a great season. 25+ TD's & single digit Int's. He is the key for the next 10 years.

Crushzilla
08-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I would REALLY love to see the defense to have a PPG under 17, as well as maintain our under 100 RuYd/G stat that us fans take a lot of pride in.

iloveben7
08-01-2007, 11:12 PM
I know that Ben will be back, so I'd like to see him do that and also beat the Ravens twice this season

Jman
08-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Well, I guess it depends...one system depends on another. For example, the running game depends on the performance of the O-line. Matter of fact, lots of things surround the o-line, so I'd like to see improvements there. It's pretty bad when another team I won't mention almost totals a NFL record for most sacks in a game against the B&G...

steelpride12
08-01-2007, 11:23 PM
I would love the O-line to step up and protect Ben which will lead to Ben having a better year and hopefullly having bout 30TD and 15 or less INT!

SteelersMongol
08-01-2007, 11:31 PM
I just want to see the rookies kicking some a$$e$ that meet our expectations! AND kill some ratbirds and bungles on the field and ruin their seasons!

The Duke
08-01-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm going with what Polamalu said, 4 super bowls in a row

warddj86
08-01-2007, 11:51 PM
me i would like Woodley and Timmons to cause us to forget Joey porter, and I would like the ESPN analysts to shut up and give the Steelers some respect

Jman
08-02-2007, 12:12 AM
...I would like the ESPN analysts to shut up and give the Steelers some respect...

ESPN does need to shut its mouth. It really is a joke. Fans here don't like it.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-02-2007, 12:16 AM
1. The offensive line playing well.A line that plays well will affect many aspects of the offense.It will make the passing game more effective,it will let Willie Parker get more yards and touchdowns,it will let Ben stay upright,and it will leave the defense more rested because there are less turonvers and thee-and-outs.

2. I really want Ben to come back.I want him to pass for 3,500+ yards,25+ touchdowns,single-didgit INT's,a passer rating above 100,and a completion percentage better than whatever Carson Palmer puts up.

3. I want the recievers to play well,this includes the tight ends.I want Ward to re-establish himself as a top WR.I want Santonio Holmes to establish himself as one of the bright young starts at WR.I want Heath Miller to actually be an option in the passing game.I want Washington to use his size to his advantage and stop dropping touchdowns (and stop celebrations).I want Wilson,if he makes the team,to stop letting balls bounce off of his hands and into a defenders for an INT.

5. I want QB pressure.I want sacks from our d-line and linebackers.I want the QB to be so confused he doesn't know where to throw the ball.

6. I want our defense to be ranked #1 overall.I know this is possible.I want the defense to have an average of 17 PPG,and for the other team to average no more than 200 YPG.

7. I want our defense to be top 3 against the pass.This is very possible.

8. I want us to be #1 against the run.I take great pride in stopping the run.I want the defense to average no more than 75 yards a game against us,and I want us to give up a maximum of 4 rushing touchdowns this season.

9. I want our special teams to play spetacular.No dropped punts,if Coclough didn't drop that punt in the first Cincy game we would been in the playoffs.I want our new punter to average 50+ yards a punt,to pin the other team inside the 10 from the 50 yard line and in,and inside the 20 from the 50 yard line to our 35.I want kickoffs to end in touchbacks,and downs inside the 20/10...and when they do get returned,for the returner to be stopped before he hits the 25 yard line.

10. I WANT TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

TackleMeBen
08-02-2007, 12:23 AM
to see the new punter lay out someone on the ravens ..lol.

the oline to protect ben so he can be better than peyton and the sperminator..i mean tom brady..

to see the defense just take out whatever is in front of it.

and for us to win the superbowl under a rookie headcoach.. b/c i love omar.. i mean tomlin..lol

Preacher
08-02-2007, 02:18 AM
For me it is simple.

A strong defense... much improved secondary.

A good, balanced offense.... Willie in the top five for yards, Ben solid, in the top ten for fewest interceptions.

The Steeler way preserved...

And a good deep run into the playoffs.

Aussie_steeler
08-02-2007, 03:28 AM
Undefeated in the AFC North and at home. Bring on the playoffs.

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2007, 03:34 AM
Other than a magical waterfall of beer appearing in my backyard surrounded by super models in bikini's.....

Better special teams.

Ben throw to the guys wearing the B&G uniforms.

Ike Taylor step up.

O-line play better.

Better pass rush.

Team stay healthy.

Cedrick Wilson to stop crying.

Galax Steeler
08-02-2007, 04:49 AM
I want to see anthony smith or troy take palmers head off.

LarryNJ
08-02-2007, 06:28 AM
a magical waterfall of beer appearing in my backyard surrounded by super models in bikini's.....

:thumbsup: Invite me over please! :flap:

to see the new punter lay out someone on the ravens ..lol.

:iagree:

SCSTILLER
08-02-2007, 08:19 AM
To see Anthony Smith hit Ocho Cinco so hard that he swallows all his gold teeth!

Kinda have to go with the Magical beer waterfall and bikini clad women also....

vasteeler
08-02-2007, 11:37 AM
mainly i just want to see them hold on to the damn ball!!!!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-02-2007, 11:37 AM
I'd like to see Ben return to have a great year, see FWP to run for 1700 yards and have one of the best D's in the league.

Steelyasoul007
08-02-2007, 11:48 AM
I would love to see Ben bounce back, 1st in rushing offense and defense again, and overall O and D in the top five, and a USDA certified smack down on the Bronc-Hoes when I see them on Sunday night in Denver. That is all!!

19ward86
08-02-2007, 12:17 PM
#1 defense and #1 offense, ben have a killer season and parker have a record breaking 35 touchdowns. haha. either the #1's or ben and parker.

SteelerWatch
08-02-2007, 01:25 PM
8. I want us to be #1 against the run.

This was a large part of why the pass defense seemed to suck so bad last year. Very rarely could we take away the run, which meant the secondary had a harder time making a situational read. Any time you eliminate one dimension of an offense, protecting against the other dimension becomes infinitely easier.

SteelersGold
08-02-2007, 04:20 PM
1. Offensive line playing better and everyone picking up blitzes.
2. Getting Keisel and Polamalu both working together in defensive schemes that confuse offenses.
3. Give each opponent long fields on kickoffs and punts (inside their 25).

If they can do these three things, I believe they will do the one thing that will REALLY make me happy. Wanna guess what that is?????

rog
08-02-2007, 04:28 PM
I want to see Ben get to his 1st Pro Bowl and I want to see some BIG NASTY DEFENSE!!!!!!!

HometownGal
08-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Sweeping the Rats, Clowns and Bungles and making the playoffs in the Tomlinator's debut season. :thumbsup:

P.S. Seeing Anthony Smith making IBoinkedAhmadsLlama his beyotch again would make me grin from ear to ear as well. :tt02:

08-02-2007, 04:44 PM
At least 11 wins and a divisional title.

Undefeated at home.

Take out both Indy and NE in the playoffs.

Jack Lambert calls "edge" for the Superbowl coin toss, and it does land and stand on its edge. The Steelers win the Superbowl to ruin another magical New Orleans season. Black and Gold over black and gold 31-10.

LC Greenwood in the HOF.

Chuck Noll gets mentioned frequently as one of the great coaches in NFL history.

Virginia Steeler
08-02-2007, 04:47 PM
I would love to have the #1 D in the NFL again....

also -- would love to beat the Ravens in Baltimore Dec 30th to either
a. win the division
b. keep them from winning the division

I'd love to beat the Cardinals as well - badly - like 35-0....Would be huge for Tomlin and would shut up the Whiz lovers

Preacher
08-02-2007, 04:56 PM
This was a large part of why the pass defense seemed to suck so bad last year. Very rarely could we take away the run, which meant the secondary had a harder time making a situational read. Any time you eliminate one dimension of an offense, protecting against the other dimension becomes infinitely easier.

Not necessarily true...

last year, we were top 3 against the run, but again, 20th against the pass... (2006)

2005. we were 16th against pass, 3rd again against the run.

Year before, we were 1, 4 respectively.. not bad at all in either..

before that, we actually ranked higher (10th) in pass defense then we did run (12)th.

So what we find, is that while we have kept strong against the run since 2003, we have dropped off horribly against the pass since 2004.

fansince'76
08-03-2007, 05:32 AM
On offense: Blocks on passing plays being held longer than 1/2 a second and a significant reduction in red zone turnovers.

On defense: CONSISTENT pressure put on opposing QBs and opposing WRs being jammed at the LOS instead of constantly being given 10-yard cushions.

LarryNJ
08-03-2007, 07:01 AM
opposing WRs being jammed at the LOS instead of constantly being given 10-yard cushions.

I here you!

Who was the Steeler CB years ago on MNF who lined up 8 yrds deep in the end zone and Mark Brunell pointed to the WR to cut across, the whole country knew what was coming and it was an easy TD?

steelerallstar
08-03-2007, 09:26 AM
What would make me happy would be our new coach having a GREAT first season.....also, if our special teams stepped their play up......I have HIGH hopes that Ben will be back to par and the O and D lines will live up to expectations......

All I want in January is.........:helmet: an extended season!

TackleMeBen
08-03-2007, 11:23 AM
I want to see Ben get to his 1st Pro Bowl and I want to see some BIG NASTY DEFENSE!!!!!!!

if ben goes to the pro bowl then that will take away from him working on his golf swing...lol:sofunny: