PDA

View Full Version : LenDale White

ricksteelers55
08-02-2007, 01:32 AM
Considering the fact that the Titans spent a 2nd rounder on a Back this year and that they re-signed Chris Brown,is it possible that they are going to part ways or trade LenDale White ?

If yes...would you guys take a shot on that kid ?

He could make a good 1,2 punch with willie if the price is not too high.

After all,we traded with the Pats last year for a RB that didnt even played 1 snap in the regular season.(Patrick Cobbs)

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2007, 02:02 AM
I'm not sure if the players or coaching staff on this team would like the whole "spitting in the face" of one his teammates at Titans camp incident, where half the team almost beat the hell out of him for it.

In other words....no thanks. The guy is trouble waiting to happen. I want nothing to do with that. The Titans can keep him. Just my opinion.

Livinginthe past
08-02-2007, 02:06 AM
The pick for Patrick Cobbs was conditional on him making a contribution - he didn't, so the Steelers didn't end up trading anything.

It would probably take a 1st day pick to get him, regardless of his problems - the Titans have him at a decent price for the foreseeable future - they can afford to see how he turns out.

ChronoCross
08-02-2007, 02:53 AM
his up and down weight problems, some charc flaws, work habit flaws. Na.. Even tho during draft I was hoping to get him, but now glade we did not.

Galax Steeler
08-02-2007, 04:51 AM
I wouldn't want to take a chance on him.

SCSTILLER
08-02-2007, 08:12 AM
his up and down weight problems, some charc flaws, work habit flaws. Na.. Even tho during draft I was hoping to get him, but now glade we did not.

I agree Cross, I was hoping to get him last year in the draft also. But seeing what has become of him, no way would I want him as a Steeler!

billybob
08-02-2007, 08:26 AM
remember buddy ryan traded earnest jackson for a six pack,it didn't even have to be cold.
he did well for us,and we could use someone like him again.

HometownGal
08-02-2007, 08:46 AM
No thank you. I don't think the Rooneys or Tomlin want a problem child stinking up their team. The Steelers history is built on character and LenDale obviously has none.

Godfather
08-02-2007, 09:30 AM
No on Lendale. If the Titans are already willing to pull the plug on him, that tells us everything we need to know.

Jman
08-02-2007, 09:31 AM
I wouldn't want to take a chance on him.

:iagree:

fansince'76
08-02-2007, 10:16 AM
No thanks.

http://nitespyder.com/FatBurger.jpg

Livinginthe past
08-02-2007, 10:40 AM
No thanks.

http://nitespyder.com/FatBurger.jpg

Whats the problem here?

This is the 'big back' Pittsburgh have been craving :toofunny:

rbryan
08-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Whats the problem here?

I thought you guys already have Corey Dillon under contract??

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-02-2007, 11:32 AM
I think that I would take a chance on him for a third round pick or maybe a player who doesn't play a key role on this team. I really liked LenDale comming out of USC and I he gets his act together I think that he could be a decent back in the league.

Livinginthe past
08-02-2007, 12:20 PM
I thought you guys already have Corey Dillon under contract??

Well, I guess you thought wrong. :wink02:

19ward86
08-02-2007, 12:20 PM
if he was more mature i would, he came to the nfl workouts overweight and way slower that what he timed at when he played at USC. i think that the RB gary russel from minnesota will be a good back once he is whiped into shape. after missing his junior year he gained about 15 pounds and ran like 3 tenths of a second slower which is horrible in your 40 yard dash times.

ricksteelers55
08-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Alrighty then

Steelyasoul007
08-02-2007, 12:47 PM
I think he's too soft to be in our backfield. Send him to Cleveland with Jamal "Lemme Tap dance before I hit the hole" Lewis.

The Duke
08-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Whats the problem here?

:drool:

SteelerWatch
08-02-2007, 01:13 PM
The scary part about that photo is the proportional size of the burger. It's one of those massive 5-pounders (or something like that), and next to him it looks about the same as a Burger King triple cheeseburger next to me.

SteelCityMan786
08-02-2007, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't. He has too much luggage.

X-Terminator
08-02-2007, 01:26 PM
The Steelers just got rid of one lazy, overweight slob in Duce Staley. Why would they want to bring in another one, especially one with so much baggage?

And to think, so many fans were pissed that they took Santonio Holmes last year. Looks like that was a Good Decision (tm).

Steelerstrength
08-02-2007, 02:57 PM
NO Biotches!! Time for Lendale to sign up for Jenny Craig! Maybe she'll slap some sense into him while slapping the shit out of him!

Preacher
08-02-2007, 03:10 PM
If Michael Bush came available...

I wouldn't mind taking a shot. But Lendale White? Not a chance.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-02-2007, 09:31 PM
If Michael Bush came available...

I wouldn't mind taking a shot. But Lendale White? Not a chance.

Agreed. I was really pulling for us to take Bush in the draft.

jjpro11
08-02-2007, 10:14 PM
if they trade him, then you know he has no future.. otherwise they would keep him and develop him being that they have nobody else besides chris henry who is as raw as it gets.

SteelCityMan786
08-02-2007, 11:11 PM
NO Biotches!! Time for Lendale to sign up for Jenny Craig! Maybe she'll slap some sense into him while slapping the shit out of him!

:sofunny: HEY MARINO! LENDALE WANTS ON NUTRISYSTEM!

steelpride12
08-02-2007, 11:22 PM
No on Lendale. If the Titans are already willing to pull the plug on him, that tells us everything we need to know.

Awesome Point!

Preacher
08-03-2007, 02:39 AM

Not sure I agree with that.

Could the same thing be said of Mike Vrable (sp) from Pittsburgh to New England? Same thing be said of Favre from Atlanta to Green Bay? How about Bettis from the Rams to us?

I am not saying that Lendale (eat a cow for lunch) White is any of these guys... Just that the fact he gets cut from one team doesn't mean he won't make it with another.

Livinginthe past
08-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Not sure I agree with that.

Could the same thing be said of Mike Vrable (sp) from Pittsburgh to New England? Same thing be said of Favre from Atlanta to Green Bay? How about Bettis from the Rams to us?

I am not saying that Lendale (eat a cow for lunch) White is any of these guys... Just that the fact he gets cut from one team doesn't mean he won't make it with another.

Vrabel was allowed to leave for New England simply because Pittsburgh were loaded in the LB corps (and at OLB in particular, i'd imagine) - he didn't do anything wrong other than get drafted by a team who was very strong in his position.

Bettis from the Rams to the Steelers might be more similar (due the rumors of poor work ethic/attitude) but he had already posted two 1,000 yard seasons - including almost 1,500 yards in his rookie year.

Favre to Greenbay - im not sure what the issue was surrounding this move - I can't imagine the Falcons were simply 'too deep' at QB that they had no room for Favre, after all Chris Miller was the starter there at that time.

Miller made the pro-bowl the 1st year Brett was on the team, which may have caused the Falcons to miscalculate his worth (Favre threw only 4 passes in the regular season).

Despite all of this, Favre still gained Atlanta a 1st round pick - something Pittsburgh wont be giving up for LenWhale.

The closest match I can think off the top of my head would be Maurice Clarett (if he gets traded) - has achieved zero, despite major talent and has big concerns in the character department.

LenDale to Pittsburgh is Clarett to Denver,.

rbryan
08-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Isn't Clarett still in jail? If he's the best comparison to Lendale White, I think I'll pass.

fansince'76
08-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Isn't Clarett still in jail?

Yep, 3 years for armed robbery.

ricksteelers55
08-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong,but LenDale spitted in the face of Pacman right ?

Can we really say it is attitude concerns then ?

If he did other things in the past that I don't know,then he's probably a problem type of guy,but if not...I don't think that spiting in the face of one guy who's a troublemaker his attitude problem.

But then again...I really don't know his past,so he might have done stupid stuff that I never heard of.

I'm just aware of those stickers that people use to put on players just for 1 dumb thing they did in the past,I mean we all did something stupid once

But again I wouldnt spend a 1st day pick on the guy,and the perfect scenario would be to get him for free if they release him,and we take a chance on the guy,but I don't think that it will happen.

Preacher
08-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Vrabel was allowed to leave for New England simply because Pittsburgh were loaded in the LB corps (and at OLB in particular, i'd imagine) - he didn't do anything wrong other than get drafted by a team who was very strong in his position.

Bettis from the Rams to the Steelers might be more similar (due the rumors of poor work ethic/attitude) but he had already posted two 1,000 yard seasons - including almost 1,500 yards in his rookie year.

Favre to Greenbay - im not sure what the issue was surrounding this move - I can't imagine the Falcons were simply 'too deep' at QB that they had no room for Favre, after all Chris Miller was the starter there at that time.

Miller made the pro-bowl the 1st year Brett was on the team, which may have caused the Falcons to miscalculate his worth (Favre threw only 4 passes in the regular season).

Despite all of this, Favre still gained Atlanta a 1st round pick - something Pittsburgh wont be giving up for LenWhale.

The closest match I can think off the top of my head would be Maurice Clarett (if he gets traded) - has achieved zero, despite major talent and has big concerns in the character department.

LenDale to Pittsburgh is Clarett to Denver,.

Your right on that... my overall point however, was that teams miscalculate worth and ability all the time. Now, do I want him for the Steelers?

Not in your life!

83-Steelers-43
08-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong,but LenDale spitted in the face of Pacman right ?

No. It was Donnie Nickey.

lilyoder6
08-03-2007, 08:40 PM
i haven't even see white play yet.. but i guess he could do better on a dif team

SteelCityMan786
08-04-2007, 12:05 AM
i haven't even see white play yet.. but i guess he could do better on a dif team

Character wise, maybe, otherwise, no.

Jman
08-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Character wise, maybe, otherwise, no.

Good point; he has stayed out of trouble for the most part.

ChronoCross
08-04-2007, 12:40 AM
What I still wonder is why a Lendale White Thread is still in Steelers area.. Why not moved to NFL were it belongs..

Preacher
08-04-2007, 03:39 AM
What I still wonder is why a Lendale White Thread is still in Steelers area.. Why not moved to NFL were it belongs..

Probably because it was wondered about him coming over to our team.

ChronoCross
08-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Probably because it was wondered about him coming over to our team.

And that was a long time ago.

Livinginthe past
08-04-2007, 03:45 PM
And that was a long time ago.

For someone who has made a career out of posting pictures of cheese you seem awfully worried about the relevance of Preachers post.

ChronoCross
08-04-2007, 04:14 PM
For someone who has made a career out of posting pictures of cheese you seem awfully worried about the relevance of Preachers post.

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/newsletter/cheese-top.jpg

Nothing about the post. But lesser post have been moved on the spot to the correct area. Lendale was never drafted and probably will never be a steeler. So having it in the steeler area is well. Oh well not a mod..

nicesteel4life
08-04-2007, 04:37 PM
I agree Chrono, It shouldn't be in here. But just be thankfull that LITP isnt a Mod anymore....lol

Steeldude
08-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Considering the fact that the Titans spent a 2nd rounder on a Back this year and that they re-signed Chris Brown,is it possible that they are going to part ways or trade LenDale White ?

If yes...would you guys take a shot on that kid ?

He could make a good 1,2 punch with willie if the price is not too high.

After all,we traded with the Pats last year for a RB that didnt even played 1 snap in the regular season.(Patrick Cobbs)

why sign a lazy player who couldn't break a tackle if his life depended on it?

Steeldude
08-05-2007, 08:42 AM

because he asked if the STEELERS should take a chance on him.

Godfather
08-05-2007, 04:44 PM

Favre was a party animal back then. Shouldn't have been a dealbreaker, but Glanville didn't like Favre so it was reason enough to dump him.

Must suck to be a Falcons fan...you trade Brett Favre, then you (basically) trade Drew Brees and LaDanian Tomlinson for Ookie Mexico :banging:

Livinginthe past
08-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Favre was a party animal back then. Shouldn't have been a dealbreaker, but Glanville didn't like Favre so it was reason enough to dump him.

Must suck to be a Falcons fan...you trade Brett Favre, then you (basically) trade Drew Brees and LaDanian Tomlinson for Ookie Mexico :banging:

Ouch. Sounds kinda harsh when you put it like that.

Elvis
08-05-2007, 06:55 PM
No thank you. I don't think the Rooneys or Tomlin want a problem child stinking up their team. The Steelers history is built on character and LenDale obviously has none.
I have to agree with ya sister... The guy had so much talent and he just doesnt seem to have the heart to finish. Its ashame that that much talent is gonna go to waste...
:helmet::tt02: