PDA

View Full Version : Bengals' smack talk starts early

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2007, 01:39 AM
Bengals' smack talk starts early
By John Harris
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, August 2, 2007

GEORGETOWN, Ky. - Looking forward to playing the Steelers this season, Chad Johnson?

"Let (Troy) Polamalu and those boys know I'm not having it this year,'' Johnson said Wednesday following the Cincinnati Bengals morning practice at Georgetown College.

Johnson, a four-time Pro Bowl performer who led the league with 1,369 receiving yards in 2006, perked up appreciably when interviewed by a Pittsburgh reporter.

Johnson, the self-proclaimed "Ocho-Cinco'' (the spanish version of his No. 85), hasn't caught a touchdown pass against the Steelers in two seasons.

Cincinnati hosts the Steelers at 1 p.m. Oct. 28. Johnson and the Bengals visit the Steelers in a Sunday night rematch Dec. 2.

"I heard about Coach (Mike Tomlin) coming in trying to spark a fire by intimidating opponents. I'm letting them know now, it ain't happening,'' Johnson said. "Not with Ocho.

"Tell Ike (Taylor) I love him. Tell Deshea (Townsend) I love him. It's going to be a good year, man. I can't wait. I'm really looking forward to (those games).''

The Steelers and Cincinnati split their two games last season. Johnson, who was defended primarily by Taylor, had a total of five catches for 64 yards with no touchdowns.

The last time Johnson caught a touchdown pass against the Steelers was in 2004. He does not have a touchdown catch against Taylor, who became the starter at left cornerback in 2005.

"I really haven't had that much luck against the Steelers in maybe two or three years,'' Johnson said. "I'm looking to the offense to really dominate the division and allow the division wins to carry us throughout the rest of the season.''

Johnson said he plans to continue his tradition of extending challenges and contacting opposing defensive backs the week before he plays them.

"Still the same thing this year,'' he said. "Nothing's going to change. That's part of what gets me going.''

What does he have planned for the Steelers secondary?

"I don't know. I have to wait and see. I can't tell you now.''

This much Johnson does know. If Cincinnati wants to win the AFC North and advance to the playoffs as the Bengals did two years ago, they have to beat the Steelers and Baltimore and not take Cleveland for granted.

"It is (a good rivalry). Everyone's really looking forward to the Pittsburgh game and the Baltimore game,'' Johnson said. "Really, Cleveland has been downplayed when it comes to playing those two opponents. We're always sitting at 1-1 with those two. We need to come out on top this year in order to get to where we want to.''

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_520247.html

Preacher
08-02-2007, 02:43 AM
Wow....

You know... I really wouldn't call that smack talk... he actually seems to be respectable in how he discussed it...

A little fun with Tell tomlin this... but nothing bad. He assessed the games... and noted that those are TOUGH games.

However, I LOVE this stat!!

Johnson, the self-proclaimed "Ocho-Cinco'' (the spanish version of his No. 85), hasn't caught a touchdown pass against the Steelers in two seasons

The Duke
08-02-2007, 03:16 AM
I like his enthusiasm, but Ike, who didn't play so good last season and still held him to 64 yards in two games, the old Ike of 2005 will be back and better. You just wait ocho chinco.

P.S: CJ, Anthony Smith is gonna kill you on the field :toofunny:

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2007, 03:40 AM
We will be hearing something along these lines once again next year......

57HEkdIe3ac Keep talking Chad, then wonder why. :smile::wave:

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2007, 03:42 AM
Then we will see a good bit of this after he meets up with Anthony Smith.....

dgNREzBAnY4 HUUUUUU!!!!! :helmet:

The Duke
08-02-2007, 03:52 AM
We will be hearing something along these lines once again next year......

57HEkdIe3ac

All I can say is :sofunny::sofunny:
"We're not supposed to lose" :flap: You're a bengal, remember?

Galax Steeler
08-02-2007, 05:01 AM
Same old Johnson just alot of mouth.

fansince'76
08-02-2007, 11:14 AM
As Chuck Noll once said, "Empty barrels make the most noise."

j-dawg
08-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Then we will see a good bit of this after he meets up with Anthony Smith.....

dgNREzBAnY4 HUUUUUU!!!!! :helmet:

hey now!! this discombobulated interview came to you from this hit...

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/CoolerHeads2.gif

bodden did well chad...

leigh bodden and our entire secondary are planing on handing out punishment like this all year.

rbryan
08-02-2007, 11:34 AM
I love it. Oucho Dinko has how many TD's against the Steelers since 04 ???

You would think he would just STFU and play

rbryan
08-02-2007, 11:35 AM

bodden did well chad...

leigh bodden and our entire secondary are planing on handing out punishment like this all year.

Forgot about that one. Very nice.

Who says we have nothing in common with Brownie fans

rbryan
08-02-2007, 11:43 AM
I was so mesmorized by the hit, that it took watching it six times before I realized the other other DB picked off the pass.

vasteeler
08-02-2007, 11:46 AM
pretty tame comments i was hoping for more

Buzz05
08-02-2007, 11:52 AM
yeah i wouldnt really call that smack talk...we all know he and the rest of his hoodlum teammates are capable of much more.

X-Terminator
08-02-2007, 11:58 AM

bodden did well chad...

Browns or not, it warms my heart to see Chad get jacked up like that. I'm sure that rattled those gold teeth just a bit! :sofunny:

Hey Chad...talk when you actually do something against the Steelers. Until then, would you kindly STFU?

rbryan
08-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Lost in all the excitement of seeing Oucho Dinko catch a beatdown is the way CP looked on that throw. He couldn't get out of his own way fast enough to serve up that quail. Looks like a drunken sailor staggering around back there.

CP, can you hear the train coming??

Steelyasoul007
08-02-2007, 01:02 PM
I got nothing but love for Ocho and his Gold fronts.

SteelCityMan786
08-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Chad Johnson opens mouth :footinmou insert foot.

ChronoCross
08-02-2007, 01:21 PM
I just cannot wait for the Steelers to make a impact on there playoffs one way are the other this coming season. We ether kick them out of the playoffs are we make sure they do not get in.

As the Rivalry continues.

memphissteelergirl
08-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Same s***, different year, Ocho Stinko! :yawn::coffee:

HometownGal
08-02-2007, 03:51 PM
"Let (Troy) Polamalu and those boys know I'm not having it this year,'' Johnson said Wednesday following the Cincinnati Bengals morning practice at Georgetown College.

Wow - I'm sure Troy and the "boys" are just shakin' in their cleats.

Here ya go Crotcho Stinko - go out and play with your teammates.....

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/c/ct/ctechs/352676_old_ball_and_chain_series_3.jpg

Preacher
08-02-2007, 04:02 PM

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/c/ct/ctechs/352676_old_ball_and_chain_series_3.jpg

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

MACH1
08-02-2007, 04:09 PM

Don't you mean Scratcho Crotcho or Itcho Crotcho. :wink02:

warddj86
08-02-2007, 07:14 PM
dude i hope he gets nailed soooo hard this year, he did give some respect to us but he still should stop, but i would really be pissed if he said something like this, " The Steelers suck, I'm gonna run all over their secondary", but as much as I hate to say it, chad gives the steelers more respect than the sports analyst like that bronco lover mark schlereth and those FOX Sports people.

Preacher
08-02-2007, 07:25 PM
dude i hope he gets nailed soooo hard this year, he did give some respect to us but he still should stop, but i would really be pissed if he said something like this, " The Steelers suck, I'm gonna run all over their secondary", but as much as I hate to say it, chad gives the steelers more respect than the sports analyst like that bronco lover mark schlereth and those FOX Sports people.

Hey.. I believe in giving credit where it is due. He did that. I hope for the Bengals, it is a sign that he is growing up. If the rest of thier team can do the same, and quite getting in trouble, they will become a real tough football team.

warddj86
08-02-2007, 07:32 PM
on second thought i love it, this is what gives the pittsburgh-cincinnati rivalry that extra zing, the steelers fans hate the cincy fans, the bengals hate the steelers as it should be and every steelers/bengals victory to be a huge accomplishment.

WWIIOwheelz
08-02-2007, 07:48 PM
I like the rivalry a lot, because let's face it--- the Browns haven't been a lot of fun to hate in awhile. Aside from that, it's all show to CJ, and he's said as much in interviews. SI did a good one on him last season. He's a fiery competitor, and good for Cincy that they have him. Carson Palmer gets on my nerves more than he does.

I cheer for the Bungals against any non-conference team, because in my mind, they are representing the AFC North, where the 3rd place team would have a playoff bye in any division in the NFC.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-02-2007, 07:55 PM
I got respect for CJ.He has respect for the Steelers,reconizes he hasn't had much recent success against them,and does all his trash talking for fun,not insult.

With the surrounding he grew up in,he could have easily turned out to be a Chris Henry or Pacman Jones.Instead he's got a good head on his shoulder when it isn't getting knocked off by Brian Russell.

Jman
08-02-2007, 07:58 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA that video is funny.

warddj86
08-02-2007, 08:00 PM
yep

Preacher
08-02-2007, 08:43 PM
I got respect for CJ.He has respect for the Steelers,reconizes he hasn't had much recent success against them,and does all his trash talking for fun,not insult.

With the surrounding he grew up in,he could have easily turned out to be a Chris Henry or Pacman Jones.Instead he's got a good head on his shoulder when it isn't getting knocked off by Brian Russell.

Good Call.

stlrtruck
08-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Talk is cheap and so is CJ's so called show of respect for the Steelers at this point. Show it to me on the field. Both the play and the respect and then I'll be impressed with him. Until then, get back in the hole - it's football season and beungles don't belong on the field.

83-Steelers-43
08-03-2007, 09:57 AM
"I heard about Coach (Mike Tomlin) coming in trying to spark a fire by intimidating opponents. I'm letting them know now, it ain't happening,'' Johnson said. "Not with Ocho.

This quote I do not understand at all. I'm not sure if it is a result of Chad being a crackhead baby or just plain ignorance. I have not heard one report from a media head, player, coach, opposing player or opposing coach state that Tomlin has tried to intimidate any of our opponents in the AFC North in order to "spark a fire".

Where in the hell does he come up with this stuff? Moron.

HUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

MACH1
08-03-2007, 10:53 AM
He can talk all he want, what has he done against us in the last two years?
NOTHING

Preacher
08-03-2007, 06:38 PM
This quote I do not understand at all. I'm not sure if it is a result of Chad being a crackhead baby or just plain ignorance. I have not heard one report from a media head, player, coach, opposing player or opposing coach state that Tomlin has tried to intimidate any of our opponents in the AFC North in order to "spark a fire".

Where in the hell does he come up with this stuff? Moron.

HUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

LOL... I give him props for keeping his head on straight on a team that seems to be going screwing up left and right..

but maybe this can by explained by a contact high??

WWIIOwheelz
08-03-2007, 11:13 PM
""I heard about Coach (Mike Tomlin) coming in trying to spark a fire by intimidating opponents. I'm letting them know now, it ain't happening,'' Johnson said. "Not with Ocho.

Translation:

"Coach Tomlin has made a presence early that is nothing less than unsettling. I, for one, am not underestimating them because he's new, believe me."

:mg:

Edman
08-04-2007, 02:40 AM
I can't get upset over that. It's lighthearted jab smack. It's good for the rivalry.

Chad is a showman, and I'm beginning to enjoy his antics...a little. T.J and Carson I just do not like. Bengal fans I despise period.

Galax Steeler
08-04-2007, 04:09 AM
I like that vid j-dawg it couldn't have happend to a better guy.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-04-2007, 06:05 AM
Wow....

You know... I really wouldn't call that smack talk... he actually seems to be respectable in how he discussed it...

A little fun with Tell tomlin this... but nothing bad. He assessed the games... and noted that those are TOUGH games.

However, I LOVE this stat!!

Nothing makes you as humble as NO touchdowns in two years and 64 yards last year against the man who is gonna cover you again!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-04-2007, 06:14 AM

Sorry..I still have no respect.
This is still the tool that got into a fistfight with a Bengal coach at halftime of a playoff game....still the tool that continues to post "who can cover 85" lists in his locker..but conveniently places the Steeler CB on the list that WONT be on him..(so he can say...He didnt cover me!!)
Give me a WR with class....not one missing the "cl"