PDA

View Full Version : GOING TO FIRST GAME!

ShutDown24
08-02-2007, 03:37 PM
I am going to my first Steelers game ever on October 7th (week 5) when we play the Seahawks. I didn't think that I would be able to experience a live game until I was out of college for various reasons, but when a friend (season ticket holder) told me that my birthday present this year was going to a Steeler game I went nuts. My excitement for October 7th is so much that it cannot be expressed through any worldly communication. I would gladly sacrifice the weeks and months of my life in between now and then if that day could be tomorrow. The plan is too get dropped of in station square, eat at the hard rock and take the fiery over to the stadium. I am telling my friend every time I talk to him how hyper I am going be when we are there. We better win even more now not just for the fact that it's the whining Seahawks, but because I am going to be in the crowd. I could talk for hours in this post without getting bored about the bursting energy inside me anytime I even begin to think about it, but, I think you get the idea. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Crushzilla
08-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Being at Heinz Field in person is absolutely amazing.

Can't really explain the feeling, but I won't have to since you'll experience it first hand.

Being in October it shouldn't be too brutal cold. It can get RATHER chilly in there with the open end.

ShutDown24
08-02-2007, 03:43 PM
I can only imagine the atmosphere, or maybe I can't is a better way to put it. I have such unbelievably high expectations of the day that I think it would impossible for them to be met. Yet I have a strange feeling that somehow even though they are so high, they won't only be met but exceeded.

Crushzilla
08-02-2007, 03:47 PM
When the Steelers hit the field and all the towels are flying that place is an absolute MADHOUSE.

For some reason the guy who does the PA system just gets me excited, he has such a distinct voice. Anyone know his name?

ShutDown24
08-02-2007, 04:15 PM
How long before the game starts does the stadium start filling up?

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Do you know how good the seats are?

SteelCityMan786
08-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Do you know how good the seats are?

You have great views. All around the Stadium.

Enjoy it ShutDown. Being at the game is one of the craziest experiences you'll have in your life. The game is so crazy that even the LED Boards, Matrixboards, and Jumbotron get into the game.

WWIIOwheelz
08-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Taking the ferry over is a GREAT idea, also. I do that for every game I see, football and baseball, and it's an experience in and of itself, and honestly fun. Kids love it, too

Preacher
08-03-2007, 01:54 AM
Trust me...

I know the feeling...

I am going in November, to my first game.

Dynasty
08-03-2007, 02:28 AM
Man, I hope I get to go to a game this season... there's nothin' quite like a Steelers' home game.

ShutDown24
08-03-2007, 08:44 PM
The seats are pretty high up he said somewhere in the middle of the field (35. 40) I think. I would much rather be high up and in the middle than close at and end zone I think though.

rabidfrodo
08-03-2007, 09:14 PM
I feel stuck up saying I can't actually remember when my first game was. My family has been going to games for awhile. I'm trying to find this picture but if anyone has lived in Pittsburgh for awhile they might remember a picture that was in the Post Gazette for a long time in the 70's it was of a guy in a Michelin jacket with three people to his right sitting down while everyone else was standing and waving their Terrible Towels. The picture is of my dad, his brother, sister, and dad. I will try and find it, it's a pretty cool picture even if you don't know the people it shows a whole section of fans waving the Terrible Towels.

Steelerstrength
08-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Enjoy evry minute! Take in everything that is happening around you. The sounds, smells, visuals, take photo's next to The Chief, and get your face painted for $5! Don't forget to buy an authentic Terrible Towel at the field! I think they are still only $7

And watch the Steelers destroy the SeaChickens!

ShutDown24
08-03-2007, 09:24 PM
If your looking here... 533 http://www.steelers.com/MediaContent/2005/07/29/11/02543_Heinz_Diagram_55086.pdf

hinesylover
09-09-2007, 10:19 PM
the first time is awesome! the first year bill coached i didn't know what he looked like and there he is next to me in the elevator what a rush. it was worth the six hour drive

ShutDown24
09-09-2007, 10:22 PM
I am sure it will be. Sooooo close now, I can't wait.

reecebaby
09-14-2007, 02:01 PM
:thumbsup:

83-Steelers-43
09-15-2007, 11:30 AM
The seats are pretty high up he said somewhere in the middle of the field (35. 40) I think. I would much rather be high up and in the middle than close at and end zone I think though.

Very cool. Enjoy yourself and be safe. I'm with you on the seats. I have season tix in 507 and I prefer sitting higher up than lower.

Again, have fun. :tt02:

boomor
09-18-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm going, this weekend and I cannot wait!!!! I am taking my girlfriend, also her first game!!! I am so excited, just reading all the posts. I am sure I will have lots to write next week... "Here we go!"

ShutDown24
10-06-2007, 05:41 PM
So... Close...

Leaving around 9:30 tomorrow, eating at the Hard Rock, talking the ferry over then watching the Steelers kick the crap out of the Shithawks... Can't wait.