PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh > Cleveland

jjpro11
08-02-2007, 09:28 PM
being in pittsburgh for a couple days reminds me of how much cleveland sucks. the people are friendlier, it has a better atmosphere, it looks better, it even smells better, and the pens and steelers own the browns and cavs. i do happen to be an indians fan but pnc has a beautiful ballpark which i went to for the first time today in a 90 degree scorcher. station square was great and very clean. the only thing cleveland has on pittsburgh is that its easier to drive in. im sure with a little more everyday driving experience, it evens out a bit though. anyways theres my rant. go pittsburgh.

j-dawg
08-02-2007, 09:46 PM
being in pittsburgh for a couple days reminds me of how much cleveland sucks. the people are friendlier, it has a better atmosphere, it looks better, it even smells better, and the pens and steelers own the browns and cavs. i do happen to be an indians fan but pnc has a beautiful ballpark which i went to for the first time today in a 90 degree scorcher. station square was great and very clean. the only thing cleveland has on pittsburgh is that its easier to drive in. im sure with a little more everyday driving experience, it evens out a bit though. anyways theres my rant. go pittsburgh.

huh? the cavs? the team that went to the nba finals cavs? wait... pittsburgh doesn't even have a basketball team.... what are you saying dude? that makes no sense. :screwy:

Livinginthe past
08-02-2007, 09:49 PM
90 degeree scorcher?

Possible sunstroke/heat exhaustion!! :toofunny:

Even the Brit knew that the Penguins and Cavaliers play different sports.

SteelCityMan786
08-02-2007, 09:58 PM
huh? the cavs? the team that went to the nba finals cavs? wait... pittsburgh doesn't even have a basketball team.... what are you saying dude? that makes no sense. :screwy:

We do have a Basketball team. It's in the ABA which almost no one pays attention to in Pittsburgh. The teams Pittsburgh Basketball fans pay attention to most are Pitt, other nationally ranked teams, and a select few(just a guess) Penn State. Duquense though hasn't been too bad. I saw there game last year against a George Washington Basketball team who was supposed to be in a reloading year. GW went 20-8 going on to win the Atlantic 10 Championship and looking dead asleep at the Vandy game. The Dukes played them tough and only lost by 8 at the Smith Center in Washington.

The Duke
08-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Pittsburgh Passion won the NWFA title and went undefeated this season, nuff said :coffee:

jjpro11
08-02-2007, 11:18 PM
90 degeree scorcher?

Possible sunstroke/heat exhaustion!! :toofunny:

Even the Brit knew that the Penguins and Cavaliers play different sports.

lol.. i know they play different sports.. both cities have a pro baseball team.. both have a pro football team.. the difference is one has a pro basketball team and one has a pro hockey team. id rather watch and root for the pens than watch and root for the cavs. often times people will blurt out something stupid like "wheres your basketball team?!" when they see im a steelers and pens fan. like i really give a shit that pittsburgh doesnt have an nba team. id rather watch hockey any day.

Preacher
08-03-2007, 01:56 AM
Well...

There is always the want ads to find a job and a house!!!

SteelersMongol
08-03-2007, 02:03 AM

My cousin was saying the Cavaliers were in the playoffs against the Spurs (I think it was Spurs) I wanted the Cavaliers to lose so bad. I just didn't want Cleveland to have anything that they can brag about. :wink02: You know. Browns' fans bragging about the 4 championship that was won in like million years ago when the dinosaurs were still walking on earth is good enough for me. :coffee:

Hammer67
08-03-2007, 07:10 AM

Well, I know what you are saying. But I don't mind parts of Cleveland. When my wife and I were dating, she lived in Detroit, I lived and Pittsburgh so some weekends we met in the middle, Cleveland. It is actually a fun town. (Especially wearing an Alan Faneca jersey out on the town!).

But i would take the Burgh any day of the week. Detroit sucks too....

stlrtruck
08-03-2007, 07:30 AM
lol.. both have a pro football team.

That's a stretch! :sign03:

revefsreleets
08-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Cleveland isn't a bad place to live. Geographically, it's much different than Pittsburgh, as well, with a metro area that's geographically huge, so it's kind of hard to generalize about "Clevelanders". Technically, I'm a "Clevelander", and I think it's a fine place to live, but I live in a Western suburb that is much, much different than actually living in Cleveland proper. I like Pittsburgh a lot, but I don't know it near as well as I know Cleveland, or Northeast Ohio (as we call it). It's really not fair to condemn an entire area based just on it's sports teams.

Preacher
08-03-2007, 05:03 PM
I was almost a clevendar... There was a church in Mentor Ohio that was looking at me.

It would have been interesting to say the least!

Crushzilla
08-03-2007, 05:28 PM
There was a church in Mentor Ohio that was looking at me.

And they didn't go blind? :wink02: