PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News on Steelers

SteelDogFan
08-03-2007, 10:59 AM
This is a very positive outlook from a national mag. Its good to see some don't have the Steelers finishing in the basement.

From Sporting News.com

BOTTOM LINE

Roethlisberger is sure to perform better now that his body and mind have healed. The offense should be more varied this season, with more spread formations on running downs and with more effective use of tight end Heath Miller. The Steelers will make the playoffs and contend for the AFC North title.

Camp tour: Everything smooth for Steelers, Tomlin (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=249853)

Jman
08-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Sounds like a very fair assessment.

rog
08-03-2007, 11:27 AM
I kind of like when they don't give us any positve comments. It feels better when the Steelers prove them wrong.

The Duke
08-03-2007, 11:32 AM
McFadden to beat Townsend by midseason? I think that's going to happen during pre season, hopefully

The Duke
08-03-2007, 11:32 AM
And willie not comfortable with no fullbacks, this is a little weird

mental.apparition
08-03-2007, 12:17 PM
That line from the article makes no sense. I think FWP runs just fine without the FB.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-03-2007, 01:01 PM
McFadden to beat Townsend by midseason? I think that's going to happen during pre season, hopefully

Yeah I say McFadden is a starter by the fourth preseason game against the Eagles.

SCSTILLER
08-03-2007, 02:36 PM

Question, with no fullback in some formations anybody think Kreider will be around after this season? I hope so, he is one of the most underrated fullbacks in the business!

revefsreleets
08-03-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm pretty sure that TSN uses Gary Dulac for their Steelers reports.

Preacher
08-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Question, with no fullback in some formations anybody think Kreider will be around after this season? I hope so, he is one of the most underrated fullbacks in the business!

yes, I do. I think they will still use and need him in the second half. Actually, this may extend his career more, as he will get less use per season.