PDA

View Full Version : Brown's Ryan Tucker suspended for four games

OneForTheToe
08-03-2007, 12:42 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7086806

I guess they can start theorizing now over on the Brownie's boards, that Dan Rooney snuck into the lab and doctored the results.:poke:

j-dawg
08-03-2007, 01:10 PM
blehh... great... dude finally gets some good guys around him and this happens. i'm not making any excuses, this is disappointing.

SteelCityMan786
08-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Next Lawbreaker stop, Cleveland.

OneForTheToe
08-03-2007, 01:23 PM
blehh... great... dude finally gets some good guys around him and this happens. i'm not making any excuses, this is disappointing.

Yep that's it ........ every team in the NFL has players who could be caught using steroids (if you don't believe that I have some semi-dry property for sale in Florida). The key is don't make excuses for them, let the player serve the suspension, and move on.

SteelCityMan786
08-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Yep that's it ........ every team in the NFL has players who could be caught using steroids (if you don't believe that I have some semi-dry property for sale in Florida). The key is don't make excuses for them, let the player serve the suspension, and move on.

Amen to that, if they don't blame it on anyone else then themselves, they'll have more class the Bungals.

silver & black
08-03-2007, 02:06 PM

Or cut them. The Raiders let Jarrod Cooper go before camp started.

rbryan
08-03-2007, 02:36 PM
How stupid do you have to be to get caught for steroids?? NFL doesn't even test for HGH. Getting caught taking steriods is like getting arrested for stealing an 8 track tape player. At least step up to the plate and steal an Ipod. lol

Edman
08-03-2007, 04:00 PM
This is a taste of hypocrite pie to all the Browns fans who say the Steelers cheated their way in the 70's (because of Steroids) and made fun of them after news got out that one of our team doctors was investigated for Roids.

rbryan
08-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Yeah, Pittsburgh invented steroids. Nobody else used them in the 70"s.

Because every moron sticking to that story was in every NFL locker room and followed every player home at night to make sure no one else was taking them.

revefsreleets
08-03-2007, 04:52 PM
This article was in a local paper........today! Is this how he earns respect?

(I used excerpts)

BEREA: Browns offensive lineman Ryan Tucker was more than candid when he spoke to the media in the spring.

He was meeting reporters for the first time after missing most of the final eight games of 2006 due to mental-health issues.

''I have to come back and get the respect and trust back of my teammates,'' he said. ''That's all I'm going to do. Take it day by day and work my tail off.''

Does he need to win over anyone?

''He never lost my respect,'' linebacker Andra Davis said.

''I think he has everybody's respect in this facility,'' center Hank Fraley said.

''The guy's a true football player, a true friend,'' receiver Joe Jurevicius said. ''I don't think they get any better than him.''

So why did Tucker say what he did?

When he was asked that question Thursday, he looked down, thought for about half a minute, looked up and said: ''Do I have to answer that question?''

It's not unusual for an injured player to feel he let his team down. Many apologize to teammates.

Tucker, an 11-year veteran lineman, understands that reality. And he faces a little different situation than most players returning from injury.

His problems were not physical, like hurting a knee or elbow.

But they were real and treatable.

Preacher
08-03-2007, 06:24 PM

Good for you...

If Ward, Roethlisberger, etc.etc. was caught with roids... I would be happy with them being shown the door.

silver & black
08-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah, Pittsburgh invented steroids. Nobody else used them in the 70"s.

Because every moron sticking to that story was in every NFL locker room and followed every player home at night to make sure no one else was taking them.

Umm... yeah, I can't think of anyone else that used steroids in the 70's except the Steelers. :sofunny:

revefsreleets
08-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Raider and Brown Lyle Alzado used steroids from college on. But I'm sure he was the only guy on the Raiders who used steroids:uhh:

silver & black
08-05-2007, 02:50 PM
^^^ My comment was "tongue in cheek", you know... funny, ha ha, sarcasism... :wink02:

revefsreleets
08-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Raiders fans aren't typically known for subtlety.

silver & black
08-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Raiders fans aren't typically known for subtlety.

Touche'! I could say the same for Steeler fans.:flap: