PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodriguez hits #500

steelpinstripe72
08-04-2007, 07:55 PM
:cheer:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Alex Rodriguez leaned to his right and watched the ball as it sailed toward the foul pole in left. When it stayed true, he raised his hands in the air -- the long wait for No. 500 was finally over.

Rodriguez became the youngest player in major league history to hit 500 home runs, connecting on the first pitch he saw Saturday to end a 10-day wait...

Read the rest of the article here (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Aua4eJ9NakQyRxdLjjuuOWU5nYcB?slug=ap-rodriguez-500homers&prov=ap&type=lgns)

And I missed it. The YES Network and their stupid blackout...feh. *doesn't get YES, even though she's in the state of New York.*

This photo's just begging for a caption, though:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/pride4u2/arodHR500.jpg

SteelCityMan786
08-04-2007, 07:57 PM
That's one less headache to worry about now. Maybe Bonds can hit 755, and 756 then that talk can just shut up.

LarryNJ
08-04-2007, 08:19 PM
I'll be happy when A Rod passes Bonds.

SteelCityMan786
08-04-2007, 08:27 PM

Hopefully it's not as dramatic.

TommyG
08-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Let's hope he is not on the juice. Would like to see Ken Griffey Jr. get up there first.....but I don't think that will happen.

steelpinstripe72
08-04-2007, 08:45 PM

I forget where I saw it, but someone said that the record won't stand for long after Bonds breaks it. Someone else is going to get up there pretty quickly. It might have been an article or something where I saw it, but they named A-Rod, Griffey Jr, and a couple of others as the ones most likely to get there next. As a Yankees fan, obviously I'm hoping it's A-Rod who does it. But in the end, I just don't want to see Bonds' record stand for as long as Aaron's has been. I want to see the record broken by someone I can respect - since that's not going to happen this time, I'll be hoping for next time.

83-Steelers-43
08-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Let's hope he is not on the juice.

I wouldn't doubt it. In this day and age, you never know.

Would like to see Ken Griffey Jr. get up there first

You and me both. IMO, if the Donora born Griffey stayed healthy he would have been the best ever.

Griffery Jr. = CLASS

LarryNJ
08-04-2007, 09:20 PM
A-Rod will catch Bonds in less than 6 years if he stays healthy.

I didn't realize Ken Griffey Jr. was born in Donora.

83-Steelers-43
08-04-2007, 09:30 PM
I didn't realize Ken Griffey Jr. was born in Donora.

Yep. Both him and his father were born in Donora.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Don't forget Stan "The Man" Musial...another great ball player from Donora........Musial is one of the greatest hitters of alltime....

83-Steelers-43
08-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Also fwiw, the other night Pirate fans gave Griffery Jr. a standing-O after he smacked HR #589.

At least they had something to clap about.

SteelCityMan786
08-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Also fwiw, the other night Pirate fans gave Griffery Jr. a standing-O after he smacked HR #589.

At least they had something to clap about.

And classy enough to do that.

TommyG
08-04-2007, 10:11 PM
I heard Jose Canseco had some dirt on A-Rod and was going to write a book on the details....can't wait to see that....He has as much validity as a Bengal at a DUI checkpoint

lilyoder6
08-04-2007, 10:15 PM
i don't think that jose as shit on a-rod... he just trying to get attention... thats what i think

steelpinstripe72
08-04-2007, 10:47 PM
He has as much validity as a Bengal at a DUI checkpoint

:toofunny:

I was in a Spanish class one time and we were listing hispanic celebrities, and in regards to baseball players, the best one the professor can come up with is Jose Canseco. This was at about the time he'd published Juiced, I think. She quickly backpedaled after we all informed her that he was becoming more famous for his part in the steroid scandal than his career in baseball.

steelerbackr4life
08-14-2007, 07:21 PM
I just saw this post. I saw it on yes it was great I went to the game the next day. Sad day today with Scooter passing. But it is great to see that there is another person steelpinstripe on the board who like me has a great love for the Bombers and the Stillers

steelpinstripe72
08-15-2007, 12:46 AM
I just saw this post. I saw it on yes it was great I went to the game the next day. Sad day today with Scooter passing. But it is great to see that there is another person steelpinstripe on the board who like me has a great love for the Bombers and the Stillers

Right on. :thumbsup:

As for Scooter...RIP. "Holy cow," indeed. Here's to Scooter. :cheers:

OneForTheToe
08-15-2007, 02:37 PM
A Rod will pass Bonds if he stays healthy. That is always the key. You have to be able to hit home runs into or close to your 40's to get the record. I'd expect Bonds to get the record close to 800 before he retires - and hopefully we never hear from him again. It's not like he will come out to congratulate A Rod or anyone else if he passes him.