PDA

View Full Version : Detroit's Stanton out with Parker-like injury

jsteelers51191
08-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Drew Stanton was just placed on the IR after experiencing knee inflamation a couple of days ago. Sounds awfully similar to W Pizzle's injury. Stanton had arthroscopic surgery to repair the "loose" stuff. Didn't Ben have arthroscopic the super bowl year and wasn't he back in 4 games. Also, wasn't hines out all of last year's preseason and was a question heading into the miami game. he played and had a solid game. hopefully parker will heal but even if he doesn't play in any pre-season games, I have a feeling he would be playing in the opener.

Crushzilla
08-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Its not the injury or the surgery that is keeping him out all season.

They placed him on the IR because its pointless to get a rookie QB back in week 4 or 5when they haven't thrown a ball (no preseason games), run the offense, and is unproven at the next level.

Instead, they are going to sit Stanton and keep the other two guys, (can't remember their names Orlovsky and someone else?) who have league experience on their roster

Livinginthe past
08-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Its not the injury or the surgery that is keeping him out all season.

They placed him on the IR because its pointless to get a rookie QB back in week 4 or 5when they haven't thrown a ball (no preseason games), run the offense, and is unproven at the next level.

Instead, they are going to sit Stanton and keep the other two guys, (can't remember their names Orlovsky and someone else?) who have league experience on their roster

The next guy is JT O-Sullivan (ex-Saints, I think) - still, a second rounder is a pretty high pick to IR when you think they will be back a few weeks into the season.

After the Lions win those 10 games (minimum) they are going to need as much depth as possible going into the playoffs!

SteelCityMan786
08-05-2007, 12:14 AM
Drew Stanton was just placed on the IR after experiencing knee inflamation a couple of days ago. Sounds awfully similar to W Pizzle's injury. Stanton had arthroscopic surgery to repair the "loose" stuff. Didn't Ben have arthroscopic the super bowl year and wasn't he back in 4 games. Also, wasn't hines out all of last year's preseason and was a question heading into the miami game. he played and had a solid game. hopefully parker will heal but even if he doesn't play in any pre-season games, I have a feeling he would be playing in the opener.

I guess Detroit is obsessed with Michigan State Spartans? Maybe Some Wolverines will help.