PDA

View Full Version : Iron City Beer Any Good

TommyG
08-04-2007, 09:46 PM
I have been to Pittsburgh multiple times for games but have not tried Iron City Beer...That is on my list to do this time....Would anyone recommend it. :cheers:

Crushzilla
08-04-2007, 09:55 PM
I drink a lot of Iron City and IC Light.

I catch crap for it from my co-workers a lot, for some reason, but I really like it.

I don't know if it tastes better or if its just the city pride thing when I'm holding an Iron City.

I dig it, though. IC Light is about as good as any other light beer I've had, but I usually go for the original.

To be totally, honest, Iron City is kind of like everything else. Opinions seem to be split on whether its good or terrible.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/410/2680

nojobny
08-04-2007, 10:28 PM
I prefer Yuengling

Galax Steeler
08-05-2007, 06:52 AM
I will be traveling to the burgh for the steeler greenbay game next week I would like to try the iron city beer can you get it anywhere up there.

83-Steelers-43
08-05-2007, 09:50 AM
IMO, it's a horrible beer. Different strokes for different folks. You might like it. When I'm inside Heinz Field I prefer a Yuengling or I'll walk down to the bottom level and grab a Harp at the bar (near the Great Hall).

Yes Galaxsteeler, they serve it at just about every bar in Pittsburgh. I have not been to a bar yet where they have not had it at the bar. They also serve it at Heinz Field. You should have absolutely no problem getting your hands on IC beer in the city of Pittsburgh.

Cape Cod Steel Head
08-05-2007, 10:10 AM
IC light isn't bad. Never been a fan of regular Iron.

Stlrs4Life
08-05-2007, 10:41 AM
I drink a lot of Iron City and IC Light.

I catch crap for it from my co-workers a lot, for some reason, but I really like it.

I don't know if it tastes better or if its just the city pride thing when I'm holding an Iron City.

I dig it, though. IC Light is about as good as any other light beer I've had, but I usually go for the original.

To be totally, honest, Iron City is kind of like everything else. Opinions seem to be split on whether its good or terrible.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/410/2680

My exact feelings. IC is OK, and I prfer IC Light. It's A 'Burgh thing! I also like Yuengling.

LarryNJ
08-06-2007, 06:18 AM
It certianly isn't a top ten beer in the world but give it a try. IMO IC light is like drinking flavored water if you are going to try it go for a regular. Enjoy and have fun!

Virginia Steeler
08-06-2007, 08:46 AM
I like it....some "beer snobs" may not, but it seems to do the trick for me....I usually just drink Coors Light while watching football

onthebus36
08-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Even though I am a full-fledged beer queer, I like IC.

For me, different beers have different purposes. For example, when I'm mowing the lawn on a hot day, I don't want to cool down with a pint of Guinness. For me, IC or Yuengling are the beers to drink when watching a Steelers game.

stillhead
08-06-2007, 11:26 AM
i.c. light is my beer. i'll drink regular iron too but i.c. light is in the fridge all the time. should have seen me and the wife get on the plane for our honeymoon in aruba, my carry on was a case of i.c. light pounder bottles in a duffle bag. :cheers:

CT_STEELERFAN
08-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Yeungling Rules for sure...IC Light is ok

PisnNapalm
08-15-2007, 07:54 PM
I prefer Yuengling

+1on the Yuengling.

Sorry... I love Pittsburgh but I can't stand IC Beer and especially IC Light. *barf*

stillers4me
08-15-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm not much of a beer drinker (but the older Ii get the better it tastes!) , but I can drink IC light. We toasted the kickoff of Superbowl XL with IC Light.....had to search all over Shitzinnati to find it, though. bAnd to tel you the truth......I only expected to take a few sips of it and let my husband finish it. I drank the whole bottle......it's the only way I ould get through the first quarter of that game........:sofunny:

tony hipchest
08-15-2007, 09:37 PM
ive partied once drinking ic light. horrible headache :dang:

i would prefer busch light or old milwaukee light.

if you are a beer connesuir and in an area that sales it, i dont see how you can go wrong with yeungling. iron city just seems like a beer that people grow up with and get used too. and of course most pittsburghers are very loyal about supporting the "local market".

i guess the same could be said about primantis. good food, but personally i think too many fries can drown out the flavor of a good sandwich. nobody wants to eat potatoes on a bun, right?

83-Steelers-43
08-16-2007, 03:53 AM
ive partied once drinking ic light. horrible headache :dang:

i would prefer busch light or old milwaukee light.

if you are a beer connesuir and in an area that sales it, i dont see how you can go wrong with yeungling. iron city just seems like a beer that people grow up with and get used too. and of course most pittsburghers are very loyal about supporting the "local market".

i guess the same could be said about primantis. good food, but personally i think too many fries can drown out the flavor of a good sandwich. nobody wants to eat potatoes on a bun, right?

Good points. The way I look at it, if your going to drink, why not drink what ya like?

Trick for Primanti's........I ask for extra capicola and pound on the hot sauce and thank you Tony, it's 5:00 in the morning and I am now craving a Primanti's cap and cheese. :wink02:

tony hipchest
08-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Good points. The way I look at it, if your going to drink, why not drink what ya like?

Trick for Primanti's........I ask for extra capicola and pound on the hot sauce and thank you Tony, it's 5:00 in the morning and I am now craving a Primanti's cap and cheese. :wink02: lol. i ate there twice. 1st time i had the hot sausage. 2nd time (based on an old recommendation of yours i read) i had the capicola (they dont sell that out here). it was good. i shoulda ordered the double meat :dang: instead i just commited the cardinal sin of pulling off some of the fries and eating them with the cheese sauce :jawdrop:.

i sat next to a table of 3 ladies who were from detroit and travelling to NYC for a wedding planners convention. they made the stop in pittsburgh just to go eat at primantis. in reference to the menu they asked what the #1 best seller was. i told them i wasnt local but passed on the capicola recommendation.

the best thing about eating and going to the bars in pittsburgh is that unless youre going to a national chain like hooters or hard rock cafe etc. you arent gonna pay much more for a beer than a glass of ice tea. especially iron city, as it is the "house beer". i saw iron city specials everywhere.

while i didnt eat at the downtown primantis i stopped in for a refreshment. much better beer specials than the one on the strip. tuesdays = 20 oz glass of yeungling for $2 :jammin:

83-Steelers-43
08-16-2007, 12:41 PM
They don't sell capicola where you at? No Italian deli's sell it?

tony hipchest
08-16-2007, 01:16 PM
:huh: whats an "italian deli"? lol

nah, no place in town carries it (we only have 2 delis) none of our grocery stores carry it. i cant even get a fresh keilbasa. can get some mean chorizo though :thumbsup:

it sucks. it think it was up in shadyside(?) "pittsburghs little italy" that i saw all the eateries and delis. i wanted to stop. i loved macaronni's down on the strip and that greek store too. mix that with wholeys and i saw tons of food we simply dont get in this region.

damn, im getting homesick for the big city already.

im even craving an iron city.

83-Steelers-43
08-16-2007, 02:19 PM
it think it was up in shadyside(?) "pittsburghs little italy"

Bloomfield is Pittsburgh's "Little Italy". There's a number of places to get good capicola down there. Strip also has a few places.

Shadyside is alot of old money. Since we are on the topics of beers, the next time you are back here and you are in Shadyside, hit up the Walnut Grill. Nice beer selection and there are a few bars along or off Walnut street that have excellent beer selections.

steveironcity
08-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Iron City rules!!!!

83-Steelers-43
09-01-2007, 07:30 AM
G6gk8H0f-0k :cheers:

steelerbackr4life
09-01-2007, 10:03 AM
My av is displaying a wonderful capicola sandwich and an iron city ,not too long from now and I will be in primantis enjoying both and the cooler will be rolling over the clemente bridge to tailgate with Dom and friends and I get to hear his brother say "Lets get s****y on iron city" !

FOOTEupyourarse
09-01-2007, 10:36 AM
when in rome. if you visit pittsburgh then you have to try IRON CITY BEER. whether it is regular or light you gotta try it. just like PRIMANTIS. you gotta try it once when you visit pittsburgh.

TommyG
09-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Primantis looks awesome....can't wait.

Stillers43
09-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Best beer in the World!

UK CANDY BEE
09-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Even though I am a full-fledged beer queer, I like IC..

..........he didn't say that..........

........please.........tell me he didn't say that !!

But since it is plain to see that he did.........

......... I don't even want to know what the IC stands for if it weren't Iron City.

Iron City beer sucks ass, by the way !!

Yeungling isn't bad at all, and I've had it in Miami, Richmond and Atlanta, so it is becoming more widely distributed I guess.

steelshirts
09-09-2007, 01:38 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Whew, that was funny, is IC good!

steeler dude
09-16-2007, 05:13 AM
regular IC is very budwieser tasting hoppy but the ic light i like alot its not as watered down with hardly any after taste