PDA

View Full Version : Texans sneeky plan backfired

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2005, 04:43 PM
The texans left the roof to the dome open on sunday hoping by the 2nd half our Steelers wearing the black home jerseys, would start to tire out from the heat.. well as it turned out, we turned up the heat and neither the texan players or fans could take it! :grin:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/other/3362897

Open roof, heat drive away fans

What reason did the Texans have for not closing the roof and turning on the air conditioning on Sunday?

By halftime, the stadium began to empty, and it was not because the Steelers were winning by a "city mile" but because people were almost near heat prostration sitting on those seats in the glaring sun.

Suffice to say, it is the last football game I will attend at Reliant Stadium when the heat index is not taken into consideration

Prosdo
09-21-2005, 10:30 PM
As much as I love the Steelers I don't think I could bare that heat either. I would be passed out lol

Koopa
09-21-2005, 10:37 PM
well being far down south in texas i wouldn't be bothered by it, just as long as the steelers are kicking butt.

SteelR1
09-21-2005, 10:45 PM
That is so funny,, Why didn't they put heaters on our sideline also?

We Wooped their ass, we wooped their fans asses also!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Prosdo
09-21-2005, 11:00 PM
You could see their fans were annoyed during the game. They would show them and they looked like they were going to pass out. Not a good move in my opinion.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2005, 01:34 AM
After the game the stadium crews were like, we planned on leaving it open to help wear them out, but all that happened was that our fans and our team got worn out!! :chair:

Koopa
09-22-2005, 02:05 AM
do you live in texas blitzburghrockcity? or did you fly down to the game?

Ambridge
09-22-2005, 07:53 AM
I guess you can't blame the Texans for trying something like that.
Too bad it didn't work. :sun: :sweating:

The thing that was driving me nuts while watching on TV was the glare and the crazy shadow patterns the sun was creating on the field.
There was a couple times in the first half when Ben passed the ball and I could barely pick up the ball on replay because the contrast was so bright.

Prosdo
09-22-2005, 02:16 PM
I guess you can't blame the Texans for trying something like that.
Too bad it didn't work. :sun: :sweating:

The thing that was driving me nuts while watching on TV was the glare and the crazy shadow patterns the sun was creating on the field.
There was a couple times in the first half when Ben passed the ball and I could barely pick up the ball on replay because the contrast was so bright.

Yeah, I agree Ambridge. That was aggravating. Like that pass to Ward I think it was for his first TD. You couldn't see him at first.

Suitanim
09-22-2005, 03:34 PM
I thought I was watching a game in Dallas...

clevestinks
09-22-2005, 06:38 PM
They only hot was Carr, he was running for his life the whole game.

Koopa
09-22-2005, 06:42 PM
i kinda feel sorry for david carr, he gots good weapons but he ain't got no one to protect him. i thought that team might be on the rise, not playoffs but at least a winning record, but they went stupid in the draft. they need to fire a few ppl cause having the d they have and a pro bowl wr and a good running back and qb they shouldn't be losing like they do.