PDA

View Full Version : Gay!

steelpride12
08-05-2007, 10:06 PM
wow what was everyone opinion of Gay tonight. 1INT and he also jacked up the Saints first round pick big time!

The Duke
08-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Yep, Gay is awesome, he's got to make the team. Is not like we got great depth at DBs

steelpride12
08-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Yes def. and i think our run game was Amazing tonight wow im so impressed by this game now i just can't wait for the regular season!

Preacher
08-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Gay had a great game... However, I would like to see him playing with the second string, instead of fourth string.

Crushzilla
08-05-2007, 10:22 PM
I agree with the Preacher man.

Its hard to gauge a guy when they are playing the scraps.

Especially considering that those big hits and INT was a result of Palko making terrible decisions

I would like to see how he can hang with a starting WR, since that is what's gonna matter anyway.

Regardless, solid game for the Gay man. Looking forward to seeing what he can do in the next four games.

:thumbsup:

Preacher
08-05-2007, 10:26 PM

Especially considering that those big hits and INT was a result of Palko making terrible decisions

I would like to see how he can hang with a starting WR, since that is what's gonna matter anyway.

Regardless, solid game for the Gay man. Looking forward to seeing what he can do in the next four games.

Yep...

Me thinks he moves up the depth chart a step or so... Just so tht he gets a chance to play against the second team next game.

TommyG
08-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Yep, Gay is awesome, he's got to make the team. Is not like we got great depth at DBs

I agree...would be nice to have someone else to bolster that DB crew...He brought a lot of energy....If he actually wraps up a spot, lets see if he can play wih that intensity during the season...Great way to start the year though.

WWIIOwheelz
08-05-2007, 10:50 PM
He lit their #1 draft pick up, for sure. HE didn't do our local QB Tyler Palko any favors by almost killing the guy, though. (heh)

Palko tried it again, too, and he didn't even try for the ball.

SteelDogFan
08-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Its always nice when a Steelers player blows up someone, but the interception impressed me the most. I'm still waiting and hoping that IKE has his cover skills down.

Preacher
08-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Its always nice when a Steelers player blows up someone, but the interception impressed me the most. I'm still waiting and hoping that IKE has his cover skills down.

Ike made some nice plays tonight as well.

I really think TOmlin has done some good with out DB's

Black@Gold Forever32
08-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Ok I understand your points on William Gay....I agree do it again and against better competition....But I like the fact he can hit.......Plus he did hold onto the INT....How many INTs have we seen dropped by our secondary the last few years...lol I defend the secondary more then some but they have dropped a lot of INTs......I think Ike dropped 10 or 11in 2005 alone it seemed like...lol

steelpride12
08-06-2007, 12:18 AM

I agree he did great, but it was with scraps now if he plays to those standards against 1st string recievers then ill be proud!

Preacher
08-06-2007, 12:26 AM
So I am watching the ESPN hightlights of the game in sportscenter...

they did a good job on it... showing Ben, commenting he looked in mid-season form.

Talked cedric.

Then they show Gay lighting up N.O. 1st round pick.

Now tell me...

How much crap do you think he will get for that at TC next week?

"hey, mr. Espn.. get me that plate of roast beef!"

steelpride12
08-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Gay had an amazing night lighting him up and also getting that pick, but you gotta remember that was from like the 3rd string offense.

Galax Steeler
08-06-2007, 03:54 AM
I agree it was the third string but he looked pretty good out there he has good speed.

Galax Steeler
08-06-2007, 04:23 AM
His quiknes and speed impressed me the most.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-06-2007, 05:03 AM
I have to admit ..when they picked up Gay and there where still higher ranking CB's on the board...I was one of the people up in arms...I guess that shows why the scouts get paid to judge talent...and I work in law enforcement. As a talent evaluator, I make a great dispatch supervisor:dang:

Preacher
08-06-2007, 05:15 AM
I have to admit ..when they picked up Gay and there where still higher ranking CB's on the board...I was one of the people up in arms...I guess that shows why the scouts get paid to judge talent...and I work in law enforcement. As a talent evaluator, I make a great dispatch supervisor:dang:

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

moedap
08-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Gay's performance may have been against the scraps but he looked like a man playing with boys out there. His decisions and reactions are what impressed me about his play. Granted the interception on the slant route was partly due to a poor throw by the QB but Gay still realized he could jump the route to get it. Impressive!

Godfather
08-06-2007, 07:36 AM
The best gauge was how he JACKED UP Meachem...the Saints didn't draft Meachem to sit on the bench or keep the fans entertained until he joins the Georgia Force. Meachem is a future starter.

verks36
08-06-2007, 07:42 AM
ya i didt get a chance to watch the game but i saw him jack up Robert michum on SportsCenter
It was a pretty tight. It would be cool if we had another person besides paul in the secondary was is feared when coming over the middle.

HometownGal
08-06-2007, 07:43 AM
I was very impressed with William Gay last night - he's strong, fast and physical. I think it's a safe bet that he will be wearing a Pittsburgh Steelers uniform this season! :tt02:

jasonpirkle
08-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Anyone have footage of his highlights? especially the hit.

Elvis
08-06-2007, 10:36 AM
I was very impressed with William Gay last night - he's strong, fast and physical. I think it's a safe bet that he will be wearing a Pittsburgh Steelers uniform this season! :tt02:
The young man sure made a nice 1st impression didnt he? Wow... looked good and I hope that he continues that kind of physical play and maybe.. just maybe he will make the team.
:helmet::tt02:

SteelerFanInCA
08-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Man, Gay looked sharp. Gay basically knocked the snot out of that guy. Welcome to the NFL. :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-06-2007, 10:49 AM
I liked the Gay pick.........I didn't think he was going to be a shut down corner by no means...But looking at the type of year he had in 2006 at Louisville I thought he could be a 3rd or 4th corner on this team.......I think its safe to say he is ahead of Ricardo Colclough at hast the 4th corner spot nailed down after last night.....Again Colclough didn't show anything like has for the most part since being in the NFL.....

X-Terminator
08-06-2007, 10:53 AM
If he keeps playing like he did last night, he'll definitely make the team, but again, I want to see what he does the rest of the preseason. If Gay does pan out, the Steelers may finally have some quality depth in the secondary, something that has been lacking over the past few years - even during their SB run. They could possibly roll out McFadden/Ike/Townsend/Colclough/Gay at the corners and Troy/Smith/Carter/Clark at safety. Not too shabby, IMO.

rog
08-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Don't get me wrong here because I do think Gay played well for his first game but Palko hung him out to dry on that play like my wife hangs laundry out to dry. Palko may want to buy a nice big dinner for the recievers that he played with last night because he was trying to kill them.

Counselor
08-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Don't get me wrong here because I do think Gay played well for his first game but Palko hung him out to dry on that play like my wife hangs laundry out to dry. Palko may want to buy a nice big dinner for the recievers that he played with last night because he was trying to kill them.

Yeah, Palko didn't look very good. But Gay made some nice plays I look forward to seeing what he can do down the line. Kinda reminds me of Anthony Smith's "coming out" party last year---and he seems to be turning out pretty good.