PDA

View Full Version : Nice Coming out Party

SteelDogFan
08-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Well its fair to say that Mr. T. has somewhat of a grasp on what a Steelers coach is supposed to bring to a Steelers team. I'm not talking about individual players. I'm talking about the whole team and the all around play. We all pretty much figured that the first team would come out kickin but. But where ever you looked we beat them to the punch. I don't know how many times I heard Chris Collinsworth say "the Steeelers are just dominating and playing Steelers football ball".

Look I know this was only the first game of pre-season but I was really impressed with the overall speed and physical nature of our Steelers.

SteelCityMan786
08-05-2007, 11:41 PM
I was impressed as well. A lot of progress made. Looking forward to what is to come.

WWIIOwheelz
08-05-2007, 11:45 PM
I liked the intensity level, from the top players on down. Ben & Hines around Ariens on the field, talking about plays, the young guys playing their hearts out. I'm excited about the team! :)

Edman
08-06-2007, 12:08 AM
The Steelers played with fire they severely lacked last year. I was really impressed by the O. It was so methodical and Colt-like.

What equally impressed me was the D. It had so much trouble handling the Saints O last year. It got off the field quickly,made great plays, and the Saints 1st teamers couldn't so squat. Best of all, It got QB PRESSURE. Another lacking area from last year. Mark it down, Lamarr Woodley will be a beast for years to come. Hurry up and heal Timmons so we can see what you got!

TommyG
08-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Ben looked really sharp...Cedrick Wilson looked like he could finally be a third option for us....Holmes looked solid....Got to worry about he kick return game though...Why can't those guys hold onto the ball...I think the one ball hit Reid in the face mask and then he ran for a good gain..Did not get to see much of Supulveda, which I guess is a good thing.

Preacher
08-06-2007, 12:29 AM
For a first game...

with a new coach... some of the offseason issues that we have had... etc.etc.

I think it is a great game and a great start...

What that means for us... is simply that it is a nice beginning.... four more weeks before these things begin for real!!

steelpride12
08-06-2007, 01:25 AM
I loved how the steelers came out and proved that our starters are already kicking it and still have time to improve, and also how Batch and St. Pierre came out and had great drives to prove we can score under any situation. Not to leave out the starting D who held Bree's to 1-6 and shut them out 0-6 on third downs. Overall i was impressed and its only the pre-season.

Galax Steeler
08-06-2007, 04:49 AM
I was impressed with our backs russell looked good it is going to be competetive at that position.

Preacher
08-06-2007, 04:59 AM
Yeah... We looked like we may seriously be three deep at back... maybe four... however, once again, this is the first game.

I want to see those back in against the first string defense.

AvoidLLoyd95
08-06-2007, 09:56 AM
I like the fact that the O and D coordinators are right on the field to actually interact face to face with the players and Tomlin. No worries that a play could get lost in translation from the booth to the field. A little more accountability if you screw up and have to go to the OC and get into it face to face rather than talk to a phone as well.

Elvis
08-06-2007, 11:43 AM
I dont know about anyone else, but I am looking forward too something very special from this team this upcoming season...
:tt02:

SteelerFanInCA
08-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Although it is only pre-season, the game left me totally impressed and eager for the real games to start.

alittlejazzbird
08-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Sure is like night and day from how I felt about that 0-4 preseason last year. You tell yourself it doesn't matter and doesn't count, but nothing looked right during those games last season, and the regular season proved it out.

I didn't see the game last night (no NFL Network in NJ) but all indications are that this team, even after only one meaningless preseason game, is light years away from last year.

And that's a good thing.

stillhead
08-06-2007, 12:20 PM
they looked sharp last night. i know it's the pre season, but remember last pre season? they came out last pre season and looked like crap and it was a sign of things to come. man, last night got me pumped up for the season. can't wait. can't freakin wait.

SteelersGold
08-06-2007, 12:23 PM
As a Steelers fan who has lived and worked in the Baltimore area for most of the past 30 years, I was disappointed to watch them drop 2 to the deadbeat Ravens last year. Last night was just a preseason game but I think it showed enough that I won't have to watch a repeat of last year's disappointment.

Counselor
08-06-2007, 12:26 PM
they looked sharp last night. i know it's the pre season, but remember last pre season? they came out last pre season and looked like crap and it was a sign of things to come. man, last night got me pumped up for the season. can't wait. can't freakin wait.

You know what excites me---I have every confidence that even the mistakes that were made last night will be addressed by the coaches (can't say the same last year). Tomlin seems to be very deliberate about fundamentals and that is a good thing for rookies and vets alike.

SCSTILLER
08-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Have to agree with alot of the posts, I feel really good about this team. They just dominated. I know, it is only preseason, but it was good to see Steeler football again, haven't seen it since Super Bowl XL.

rog
08-06-2007, 03:33 PM
This type of game is why I hate preseason football. Don't get me wrong it was great to see the young guys do well alot of them in their first game but it still means nothing the Saints were horrible last preseason and went on to the NFC championship game. Not to mention the Raiders went unbeaten in the preseason last year. The things that you can take from the game last night were simple the Steelers showed up to play and to be physical. Everyone was hitting and hitting hard expecially the secondary, those guys came to play. It looked like a team that had something to prove and it does look like the tough 2 a days are paying off. I just hope the don't run out of steam by the time it counts.

NESteelerfan
08-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Poise and toughness! what a way to start a season. Only a couple of penalties and maybe only one for a false start... with all the substitutions and new players this showed me some great discipline this early in the season. I know the veterans weren't to crazy about the long and difficult camp but it certainly looks like they are ready to play 60 minutes right out of the box,as opposed to the usual slow start and giving away games in the beginning of the season. I know its only pre season but I am very encouraged by this performance and by mid season,the talking heads might be saying The Patriots WHO?? What the Colts???

SteelDogFan
08-06-2007, 04:03 PM
I understand your point and any true NFL fan knows that pre-season can mean everything some years and other years doesn't mean diddly. But I believe this pre-season is the most significant one we've had since we lost the Superbowl to Dallas. Big Ben coming off of the year he had. Plus we are not like other teams, our coaches are here for the long hall and Mr. T. needed to start off with a win. The fact that it was dominating made it even better.