PDA

View Full Version : Coach Tomlin

rcmojo66
08-06-2007, 05:54 AM
Just Curious, How did Mike look on the sideline? Does he talk into his headset the whole game or is he more a "rah rah" kind of coach that interacts with the players?

Statik
08-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Tomlin looked pretty good on the sidelines, seemed that there was more HOF coverage between plays than actually showing wandering on the sidelines....

fansince'76
08-06-2007, 08:34 AM
IMO, Tomlin's sideline demeanor reminded me much more of Noll than Cowher. He definitely smiles more than Noll did, but you still get the impression that he's all business out there.

verks36
08-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Didnt see the game
But during the season and preseason tomlin will have both O and D cordinators next to him on the sidelines which is a change since The wiz was always up in the box. I think it is a good for the teams deminar and tomlins self esteem to have won this game by such a blow out and yard margin difference. Yet again this is only the first game of preseason

AvoidLLoyd95
08-06-2007, 08:51 AM
He looked like the coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers......one who could be in the Super Bowl in a few months. He was very calm, executed his game plan through his assistants, and if he keeps it that way, we as fans will be enjoying another championship very, very soon...though it was only the first pre-season game.
They never were behind in the game and I am curious to see how he manages a game that he needs to come from behind to win.
Overall a thumbs up and chin out!

Jman
08-06-2007, 08:56 AM
He looked confident. He looked focused and intense. There was levity on the sideline too. I like what I saw.

memphissteelergirl
08-06-2007, 03:09 PM
IMO, Tomlin's sideline demeanor reminded me much more of Noll than Cowher. He definitely smiles more than Noll did, but you still get the impression that he's all business out there.

:iagree: 100%

zoneblitz43
08-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Coach Tomlin looked very relaxed, confident, and focused. I can tell he enjoys what he does and that he cares about winning. we made the Saints 1st team offense look like fools, and they are the top ranked offense in the NFC. imagine what the Browns are in for. there are some things that need to be worked on like pass rush and special teams but I feel confident those issued will be addressed and fixed by regular season, this game gives him a chance to see what was working and what wasn't. I really think he can have a future here.

rog
08-06-2007, 03:50 PM
I was impressed it looked like he was very comfortable and it def. did not look like it was his 1st time incharge.

steelpride12
08-06-2007, 04:50 PM
He looked like a veteran coach and seemed very confident.

WVsteelersfan
08-06-2007, 05:55 PM
I like the way he interacts with the players-they seem to really respect him. He had the "gameface" but he also smiled and interacted with his team too. I like what I saw from him last night.

Preacher
08-06-2007, 05:56 PM
I like the way he interacts with the players-they seem to really respect him. He had the "gameface" but he also smiled and interacted with his team too. I like what I saw from him last night.

Yeah...

Like I said before... It seemed like it was a cross between Cowher and Noll. I am very happy about that!

BettisFan
08-06-2007, 05:58 PM
hopefully tomlin can get in there and take us to the superbowl and let us all know he was the right choice to replace bill

delhess
08-06-2007, 07:56 PM
at one point the announcer said something like, "Mike Tomlin must be thinking wow, what a great job!" i think that helps sum it up. he looked like "the coach", VERY comfortable, all business and confidence, until towards the end of the game, then he was joking a little and smiling a lot. no doubt who is in control in pittsburgh. i was VERY impressed. i have been impressed by him before, but every time i see him i am more impressed.

of course, we will get to see what he looks like when the chips are down, and we can't get a break. that will tell you a lot more.