PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Reed?

steelpride12
08-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Ok first pre-season game and all, but is Jeff Reed our guy to keep around much longer? He had a huge slump last year and after missing that one las night he missed i feel this year is gonna be no better?

WWIIOwheelz
08-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Jeff's been clutch for the Steelers in his time here. He yanked that one last night, for sure, and the one he made afterwards looked like it was going left too, for a sec. I'm not sure if it was the camera angle, or what.

Bear-in-mind that Sepulveda is new at holding on kicks, too, so that could have something to do with it. I'm not ready for a change, but I sure would love to see someone who could get a touchback on a kickoff every now & then.

HometownGal
08-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Ok first pre-season game and all, but is Jeff Reed our guy to keep around much longer? He had a huge slump last year and after missing that one las night he missed i feel this year is gonna be no better?

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt after last night's miss. The field was wet as it had rained most of the day in Canton and hey - even the top Ks in the league miss one now and then. He did have several kickoffs go into the EZ, though, and that is a huge improvement over the past few seasons. He's been working on that in TC - I still wouldn't rule out Sepulveda taking over the kickoffs should Reed return to his old habits.

rog
08-06-2007, 03:15 PM
What is up with Reed's giant fro, he looked like he was drunk in the picture they used.

Crushzilla
08-06-2007, 03:26 PM
What is up with Reed's giant fro, he looked like he was drunk in the picture they used.

I'd say there's a good chance he was...

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/06/jeffreed5.jpg

rog
08-06-2007, 03:35 PM
That picture is just to much.

rog
08-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Who goes to a bar without a shirt on? Seriously he is just a kicker.

Crushzilla
08-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Haha. If you look closely it is tucked into his pants. I'm sure it was on at ONE point.

Indy_Steelers
08-06-2007, 03:44 PM
He did not have the fro last night when i saw him

touchdownward
08-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Why is he holding hands with a fat guy while there are two beautiful women there too? :smile:

rog
08-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Haha. If you look closely it is tucked into his pants. I'm sure it was on at ONE point.

How hot could it have been to take your shirt off and tuck it into your pants? This just seems strange to me. I hope he was hammered.

touchdownward
08-06-2007, 03:49 PM
On second thought, maybe the the woman facing him is so ugly that it made his hair stand up. :jawdrop:

memphissteelergirl
08-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Jeff's been clutch for the Steelers in his time here. He yanked that one last night, for sure, and the one he made afterwards looked like it was going left too, for a sec. I'm not sure if it was the camera angle, or what.

Bear-in-mind that Sepulveda is new at holding on kicks, too, so that could have something to do with it. I'm not ready for a change, but I sure would love to see someone who could get a touchback on a kickoff every now & then.

:iagree:

I'm not ready to give up on him just yet, but this party boy s*** has got to stop.

revefsreleets
08-06-2007, 06:58 PM
One thing I noticed that was HUGE was that Reed actually had some distance on his kickoffs. Nothing makes me madder than kicks to the 15-20 which result in the other team starting at the freaking 45 yard line, where they only need two 1st downs to be in FG range. Field position was clearly in the Steelers favor last night, which was a welcome change over much of last year.

Preacher
08-06-2007, 07:01 PM
One thing I noticed that was HUGE was that Reed actually had some distance on his kickoffs. Nothing makes me madder than kicks to the 15-20 which result in the other team starting at the freaking 45 yard line, where they only need two 1st downs to be in FG range. Field position was clearly in the Steelers favor last night, which was a welcome change over much of last year.

On one of them... he was short by a number of yards... 10, 15 yards from the endzone....

I just hope we can learn to kick it into the endzone this year.

revefsreleets
08-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah, but he actually kicked it into the endzone once, which means it's possible that he can actually do it again. I'll be happy with the 5.

SteelerFanInCA
08-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I agree. He needs to get a little more distance with his kick offs this year.

That picture is frickin hilarious. He looks pretty hammered.

Stlrs4Life
08-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Jeff will be fine. I too want longer KOs.