PDA

View Full Version : I Met a Colt *player not a pony*

PAMillerGrrl83
08-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Alrighty so my fiance` decided that since I was always dragging :blah: him to Latrobe for TC that it was time I did something for him. :dang: Little did I know that the "something" would be going to Terra Haute IN to the Colts TC, not only that but he decided we were going to subject our daughter who is already named Peyton to the same torture. :banging::banging: So I agreed simply because I wanted to shut him up, so we went and all that good junk he loved it, I was semi-bored only because I knew I could be at my boys TC instead of this mess, the fans there at TC made the biggest deal out of that trophy than I have ever seen. But on with the story, we were standing watching the players leave and I'll be the first to tell you that Dallas Clark is the only Colt I can actually stomach. So hes walking by and I had my daughter on my hip and he walks over and starts talking to my daughter telling her how cute she is and all that stuff, he signed my shirt and said that my daughter looked like me and I said :sofunny::toofunny: "Yea and she's gonna be a Steelers fan too" but I said it with a smile, he laughed and continued walking but honestly guys not everyone on that team has their head stuck up Mannings rear end. Clark was an exceptionally nice person and was really eager to sign as many autographs as he could. So yep theres my story.:wave:

rog
08-06-2007, 02:53 PM
I hope you get to name your next kid...lol.

Crushzilla
08-06-2007, 03:21 PM
He strikes me as one of the nice guys.

I don't think I ever remember him making a fuss.

I really have no beef with the Colts, I expect all the fuss over Manning because of his stats. He finally won that Super Bowl so now we can stop hearing about that.

Nice story. Have to admire anyone in this league who is willing to reach out to fans.

PAMillerGrrl83
08-06-2007, 10:13 PM
^^To be honest Manning wasnt THAT bad he did stop to sign a few autographs as did Vinateri but Dallas Clark was by far the nicest and sweetest. And yea I've already told my fiance that we're naming our next child *if its a boy* Benjamin Dallas *I've always liked the name Dallas but after meeting Dallas Clark I've decided thats a good name for a boy. So yep thats my story.

fansince'76
08-06-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm with Crush - I have no beef against the Colts. Frankly, since we couldn't do it last year, I'm glad they won the whole bag of marbles, specifically because of Dungy.

The Duke
08-06-2007, 10:20 PM
If I ever meet a colt I hope it's Marvin Harrison, he's one of the best nfl players in my book

PAMillerGrrl83
08-06-2007, 11:57 PM
^^Marvin I think waved to the fans and left. But he's quiet I dont think its got anything to do with him not liking the fans, I think he just doesnt like the attention. But I did see Reggie Wayne, Vinateri, Manning, Freeney and Clark sign tons of autographs and spend time with the fans.

The Duke
08-07-2007, 12:01 AM
^^Marvin I think waved to the fans and left. But he's quiet I dont think its got anything to do with him not liking the fans, I think he just doesnt like the attention. .

That's exactly what I like about him

BettisFan
08-07-2007, 12:02 AM
lol that must have been fun yea i recently got dragged to the dolphins TC with my brother but hey i got a bunch of sigs well the whole team was there signing and i have a football with all the sigs so tis cool but i was like goo steelers and ppl were liek shut up lol! it was fun though!

Counselor
08-07-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm with Crush - I have no beef against the Colts. Frankly, since we couldn't do it last year, I'm glad they won the whole bag of marbles, specifically because of Dungy.

Totally agree. I used to dislike Peyton---but he actually doesn't bug me that much anymore---I mean he is really good and you can't deny it. The colts have only won one superbowl and I'm happy for them. I save my hatred for the quarterbacks who are all hype and no talent---Lienert and Romo come to mind first, but there are so many.

rog
08-07-2007, 10:01 AM
I just hope now that manning got his ring he might get to do a commercial or 2 I think it's about time..........................lol.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Totally agree. I used to dislike Peyton---but he actually doesn't bug me that much anymore---I mean he is really good and you can't deny it. The colts have only won one superbowl and I'm happy for them. I save my hatred for the quarterbacks who are all hype and no talent---Lienert and Romo come to mind first, but there are so many.

Peyton doesnt bother me either but Eli, well I'm not gonna get started. Let's just say hes on my to ten disliked players because of his attitude.

PAMillerGrrl83
08-07-2007, 10:53 PM
^^He has one piss poor attitude thats for sure and hasnt done squat since he's been in the NFL.

Stlrs4Life
08-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Dallas Clark always did seem like a cool player. Plus a couple of seasons ago, he did really well on my fantasy league.

ChronoCross
08-11-2007, 01:41 PM
I live down the road 25mins from rose hulman were there TC is. And well never went. My sister is a big colts fan and she goes every year with her son. But one thing she complains about every year is manning and how big of a ass he is.

And by the way there is a lot of Steelers fans in Terre Haute.. At my wifes work, there is only Steelers, Colts, and Bears fans.

SteelCityMan786
08-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Alrighty so my fiance` decided that since I was always dragging :blah: him to Latrobe for TC that it was time I did something for him. :dang: Little did I know that the "something" would be going to Terra Haute IN to the Colts TC, not only that but he decided we were going to subject our daughter who is already named Peyton to the same torture. :banging::banging: So I agreed simply because I wanted to shut him up, so we went and all that good junk he loved it, I was semi-bored only because I knew I could be at my boys TC instead of this mess, the fans there at TC made the biggest deal out of that trophy than I have ever seen. But on with the story, we were standing watching the players leave and I'll be the first to tell you that Dallas Clark is the only Colt I can actually stomach. So hes walking by and I had my daughter on my hip and he walks over and starts talking to my daughter telling her how cute she is and all that stuff, he signed my shirt and said that my daughter looked like me and I said :sofunny::toofunny: "Yea and she's gonna be a Steelers fan too" but I said it with a smile, he laughed and continued walking but honestly guys not everyone on that team has their head stuck up Mannings rear end. Clark was an exceptionally nice person and was really eager to sign as many autographs as he could. So yep theres my story.:wave:

Good Idea for you, next kid that you have if it's a guy, name him Ben. If peyton goes down the Colts way, take Ben down the Steelers way.

PAMillerGrrl83
08-11-2007, 10:23 PM
^^LoL I've got my daughter watchin Steelers games with me but she does sit and watch Colts games with her daddy.

SteelCityMan786
08-11-2007, 10:41 PM
^^LoL I've got my daughter watchin Steelers games with me but she does sit and watch Colts games with her daddy.

does she cheer for the opposing team.

PAMillerGrrl83
08-13-2007, 08:36 PM
LoL no she just claps and giggles through the whole game.

PisnNapalm
08-13-2007, 08:49 PM
^^To be honest Manning wasnt THAT bad he did stop to sign a few autographs as did Vinateri but Dallas Clark was by far the nicest and sweetest. And yea I've already told my fiance that we're naming our next child *if its a boy* Benjamin Dallas *I've always liked the name Dallas but after meeting Dallas Clark I've decided thats a good name for a boy. So yep thats my story.

A Steelers fan naming a child Dallas?? You may need some therapy. :screwy:

RoethlisBURGHer
08-14-2007, 11:21 AM
I don't really have a beef with the Colts.

Harrison just wants to play the game,he doesn't care about the accolades.

Wayne seems to be the same way for the most part.I like how he came to camp in camo because the Colts now have the target on their back.

Peyton never asked for all the media attention,he just wants to be the best ever.I can't blame him for doing the commercials either,easy money.

Dallas Clark is just a down to earth guy.What do you expect from someone who played their college ball at Iowa?

PAMillerGrrl83
08-14-2007, 07:40 PM
I don't really have a beef with the Colts.

Harrison just wants to play the game,he doesn't care about the accolades.

Wayne seems to be the same way for the most part.I like how he came to camp in camo because the Colts now have the target on their back.

Peyton never asked for all the media attention,he just wants to be the best ever.I can't blame him for doing the commercials either,easy money.

Dallas Clark is just a down to earth guy.What do you expect from someone who played their college ball at Iowa?

Oddly enough I agree with everything you said however I am only a fan of Dallas Clark. I'm a Steelers girl through and through. :tt02:

Oh and as for naming our future son *if we ever have one* Dallas, I like the name, hate the team but then again I'm not naming my kid after a city.