PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Smith

moedap
08-06-2007, 03:31 PM
He comes up hard and fast on the run like Troy P. There was a dive play N.O. attempted at the 14:22 minute mark in 2nd qtr that was stuffed in the inside. The back tried to bounce it to the outside and as soon as he got past the tackle WHAM!!!!! Anthony Smith hit him so hard I bet the guy had second thoughts on wanting to be a RB in the NFL.

The Duke
08-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Yes, Anthony Smith is the best :tt02:

Elvis
08-06-2007, 03:35 PM
He looked pretty good last night. But I think that he needs to work on his pass coverage and he could be a perfect compliment to Polomalu.
:tt02:

rog
08-06-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm def. excited about the youth we have in the secondary for years to come.

moedap
08-06-2007, 03:43 PM
He looked pretty good last night. But I think that he needs to work on his pass coverage and he could be a perfect compliment to Polomalu.

Your right about the pass coverage. I could see him biting too hard on PA and getting out of position. That is Troy P's achilles heel as well in my opinion. Thats the thing with playmakers their eyes follow the ball alot so they are prone to being faked out. I wonder if there are any techniques Mike T could teach them so that in the event they are faked out they can recover faster than they have in the past(Seattles touchdown in the S.B. to Stevens was on a PA that Troy P bit on and got out of place).

WWIIOwheelz
08-06-2007, 03:47 PM
So nice to read these kinds of comments. I remember for years & years feeling like the only football fan in the world who was terrified of 3rd & 15 (long before the Interweb to read the thoughts of other Steelers fans.)

Our secondary was so bad for so long, I'm not sure I'll ever not feel a pang of terror for the deep ball on 3rd & long.

lilyoder6
08-06-2007, 04:12 PM
i liked the hit gay pur on meachem comeing across the field.. loved it..

steelpride12
08-06-2007, 04:44 PM

Thats the thing yes your right. Of course he can hit hard, but for him to be sucessful he better get better at covering the pass and learning him defense. If he plays with the first defense in the upcoming games and I see excellent performace against the pass then ill give him the credit he needs.

Preacher
08-06-2007, 05:36 PM
So nice to read these kinds of comments. I remember for years & years feeling like the only football fan in the world who was terrified of 3rd & 15 (long before the Interweb to read the thoughts of other Steelers fans.)

Our secondary was so bad for so long, I'm not sure I'll ever not feel a pang of terror for the deep ball on 3rd & long.

I still have to close my eyes on 3rd and longs!

BettisFan
08-06-2007, 05:46 PM
dont we all

Welcome To Smashmouth
08-06-2007, 06:34 PM

You couldn't possibly be talking about when Chad "Burnt Toast" Scott and Washington were our only hope to stop the opposition's passing attack, could you???

klick81
08-06-2007, 06:41 PM
i liked the hit gay pur on meachem comeing across the field.. loved it..

Oh hell yes. The second time around, Meachem knew better and decided to duck down. RESPECT that Steeler D!

rog
08-06-2007, 06:43 PM
I liked the big hits from Madison and Gay but the young guys need to learn how to deliver a big hit and wrap their arms not every guy is just going to go down every time you gotta wrap up.

delhess
08-06-2007, 07:50 PM
our secondary has to improve!!! it will improve!!! look at mikey t's track record!

Jman
08-06-2007, 08:37 PM
I think our secondary performed well in last night's game.

Stlrs4Life
08-06-2007, 08:49 PM
They certainly looked good last night. Let's hope they keep it up.

Steeldude
08-06-2007, 09:27 PM
He comes up hard and fast on the run like Troy P. There was a dive play N.O. attempted at the 14:22 minute mark in 2nd qtr that was stuffed in the inside. The back tried to bounce it to the outside and as soon as he got past the tackle WHAM!!!!! Anthony Smith hit him so hard I bet the guy had second thoughts on wanting to be a RB in the NFL.

i just hope smith realizes it is a team game, not a personal show.

HometownGal
08-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Anthony Smith is a warrior. I think when given the opportunity, he and Taz will compliment each other very well. I love watching him rush wideouts to the ground. :banana:

I know what some of you mean by fearing 3rd and long, but as others have said above, I really love the depth of our D. This group of youngsters is only going to get better.

Note to all non-Steelers receivers - It's gonna suck to be YOU! :tt02:

Jman
08-06-2007, 09:35 PM

:iagree:

Preacher
08-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Anthony Smith is a warrior. I think when given the opportunity, he and Taz will compliment each other very well. I love watching him rush wideouts to the ground. :banana:

I know what some of you mean by fearing 3rd and long, but as others have said above, I really love the depth of our D. This group of youngsters is only going to get better.

I have great hope for Tomlin working on our DB's. I do think that we have some good depth... and if Timmons can come on like Woodley, we may have some GOOD cover LB's as well.

However, until we prove otherwise, I will be very scared on third and longs!

The Duke
08-06-2007, 09:52 PM

They should put that on anthony's helmet

steelpride12
08-06-2007, 10:43 PM
They certainly looked good last night. Let's hope they keep it up.

Ya and the great thing is it's only the first pre game so they can only get better and if our Secondary improves watch out another ring here we come.