PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, yeah I know...

Edman
08-06-2007, 05:34 PM
It's only one preseason game, but I just can't shake the optimism off of me. The Steelers looked pretty good last night. Especially the 1st teamers and Ben. I'm sorry, I just can't help it. Sure, there were a few kinks (punt returns, Nate's hands) but hey, they have four extra PS games to play to fix those before the opener in Cleveland.

So don't be afraid to show a teeny little bit of optimism, guys. Our Steelers are back in season. After another long summer of watching the Pirates lose, unfortunately.

klick81
08-06-2007, 06:49 PM
I feel good!!! It was great to see some Steeler football (dvd's can only do so much), and it couldn't have been better than getting that 'W' on Tomlins debut!

steelpride12
08-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Dude i know its awesome how good we did last night and i can't wait for the opener.

SteelerFanInCA
08-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Any time the Steelers win is good for me.

FastWillieParker39
08-07-2007, 05:05 PM
C'mon guys show some optimism. We had one bad year because of unfortuante circumstances. We are still the team that won the SB in 05!

I feel great though, I love the fact that Ben is "re-writing" the playbook.

Temper Temper
08-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't put too much stock into a Hall of Fame game win. First year coach Steve Spurrier spanked the 49ers (I believe) 37-7 in this game a few years back...and we all know how that turned out.

Dallas beat the Saints last pre-season 30-7 in similar fashion. Fast forward to week 13 in the regular season...Saints 42, Dallas 17.

Saints corner Mike McKenzie said he couldn't believe he saw a double-move 15 yards downfield in this type of game. Not to mention the all-out blitzes the Steelers used on the Saints all night long. Especially on the first teamers. There was no play-action or dog-blitzes from the Saints side.

The Steelers wanted the win and they got it....woopieee :cheer:

It's a long season...give your heart a break until September. :hug:

fansince'76
08-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't put too much stock into a Hall of Fame game win.

It's only one preseason game....

I don't think too many folks here are. And trust me, LeBeau didn't scratch the surface as far as defensive sets of ours are concerned. We also didn't keep our defensive starters in nearly as long as N.O. did. Sounds to me like someone is a little miffed that the Saints lost. I think you need to take a variation of your own advice and not eat too many sour grapes over a preseason game.

HometownGal
08-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Gary - would you like to serve?

http://cyberdust.files.wordpress.com/2006/05/iWhine.jpg

fansince'76
08-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Saints corner Mike McKenzie said he couldn't believe he saw a double-move 15 yards downfield in this type of game.

Yeah, that couldn't have been a case of McKenzie playing CYA for getting burnt, could it? Of course not. :rolleyes:

Temper Temper
08-07-2007, 08:02 PM
No thanks "hometown gal", there is enuff of this here...

fansince'76
08-07-2007, 08:05 PM
No thanks, there is enuff of this here...

I'm not gonna argue any further with a whiner who's obviously butt-hurt in a big way over losing a frigging PRESEASON game. Good day.

Temper Temper
08-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Come on dude...drink s'more kool-aid. It's high fructosili gooood! :flap:

fansince'76
08-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Come on dude...drink s'more kool-aid. It's high fructosili gooood! :flap:

http://philosophicalpastor.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/kleenex.jpg

Temper Temper
08-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Still taste good? I'm out! :jammin:

fansince'76
08-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Still taste good? I'm out! :jammin:

http://pcrealm.net/~slik1/scannedimages/Massengill.JPG

Good riddance. :crying01: :crying01: :crying01:

fansince'76
08-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Ban me, JUST SAY NO! and good bye! :yawn:

Yep, you just earned it. Later days, wuss.

Crushzilla
08-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Saints corner Mike McKenzie said he couldn't believe he saw a double-move 15 yards downfield in this type of game. Not to mention the all-out blitzes the Steelers used on the Saints all night long. Especially on the first teamers. There was no play-action or dog-blitzes from the Saints side.

So this guy is trying to say that preseason games are just glorified walk-throughs?

So when are players supposed to actually practice against an opponent. Week 1-4?

:hunch:

The Duke
08-07-2007, 08:45 PM
So this guy is trying to say that preseason games are just glorified walk-throughs?

So when are players supposed to actually practice against an opponent. Week 1-4?

:hunch:

He's banned now anyway :banana:

SteelDogFan
08-07-2007, 08:50 PM
I agree with 123, most people, including most sports broadcasters are treating the Steelers as though they came off a regular season and just blew it. Big Ben was not physically or mentally ready until week 8, maybe 9. Add to that Bill C. walking around with an its been fun look and attitude and the team was totally out of sorts. They didn't get it together until the 7th-8th game of the season..

Jman
08-07-2007, 09:03 PM
I don't want to get tooooo excited.

iloveben7
08-07-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm very optimistic this season, especially about Ben. I went to training camp today and he had a shirt on that said, "Back 2 Business," so that shows me he's ready. At least we won't be 0-4 in our preseason games this year.

Preacher
08-07-2007, 11:51 PM
I have to admit...

Fact is, this was just the first pre-season game. So it doesn't really mean much.

However, it does show that we can do what we are trying to do. And yeah, if you have been working on double moves in camp, then you shoudl try them in preseason... WHEN IT REALLY DOESN'T COUNT.

Oh wait... we shouldn't try those moves... until the game counts???

so silly. Just so silly.

fansince'76
08-08-2007, 12:00 AM
I have to admit...

Fact is, this was just the first pre-season game. So it doesn't really mean much.

Which I also believe was my original point, not to mention my continued emphasis on the fact that it was a PRESEASON game to a certain Saints troll (now I've seen everything) before he decided to post a picture of crack and demand a banning.

Edman
08-08-2007, 03:39 AM
Before anyone gets any thoughts, I am not predicting a 16-0 season, a Super Bowl title, and putting Tomlin in the Hall of Fame. It's just one preseason game. Just saying display a slice of Steeler optimism that's all. But cautiously. Don't upset the football gods.

That Saints troll(Of all teams) is taking this too seriously, no Steeler fan is slamming NO, drinking the kool aid, smoking crack, or putting the Steelers in the Super Bowl. He needs to chill. Banning him did the trick.