PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' offense impresses Ward

BettisFan
08-07-2007, 01:34 AM
lol well if we are impressing ward i guess were good!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07219/807500-66.stm

The first section below really scares me.. how long till parker is better?
The 2nd just states what we all already know
The 3rd is veryintesting look at how we will run our O this year, not mostly run we want to prove that we are an all around team! good!

Parker did not play Sunday night because of inflammation in his left knee. Provided that turns no more serious than coach Mike Tomlin has said it is, the Steelers could strike the kind of balance that eludes many NFL offenses.

Parker ranks among the league's more dangerous tailbacks, and if the passing game improves, defenses will have a more difficult time preparing against the Steelers. They ranked 10th in the NFL in rushing last season, ninth in passing.

The plan is not to abandon the ground game that was so good to them through the years, but to make defenses respect their passing game more.

Preacher
08-07-2007, 02:00 AM
The plan is not to abandon the ground game that was so good to them through the years, but to make defenses respect their passing game more.

Which will just help the running game even more... Oh I can't wait!!

Da Steeler Soprano
08-07-2007, 02:14 AM
Man im so excited about everything I dont know what to post where! I dont want to get my hopes up to high, but its kinda hard not to since just about every game last season my hopes were shattered. Damn I cant wait to get this season rolling, and I hope we spank Green Bay on Sat!!

Galax Steeler
08-07-2007, 03:45 AM
I would like to see parker in action sat. night.

SCSTILLER
08-07-2007, 08:03 AM
If it works that Parker picks up good chunks of yardage out of the four receiver set, defenses will be thoroughly confused. I cannot wait to see him run in that set. I too am excited about this offense.

SteelFist
08-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Which will just help the running game even more... Oh I can't wait!!

I've gotten so tired of teams shutting down the passing game with 8 men in the box. Hopefully we will resolve that problem.

bradness113
08-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Yea guys. completely agree. with parker in this new offense, we will be explosive. I went to camp for a couple days, and parker was running great routes, and catching everything thrown to him. O yea, i forgot, his blocking was great and he didnt let anyone by.
This "injury" in nonsense. Parker is fine. Im friends of his, he wanted to play sat night but tomlin doesnt want to lose WEAPON X during preseason if you kno what i mean. Parkers dad told me that he did some really tough training durring the offseason, that added w/ 2 a days, he jjust overused his knee. I dont kno if he'll play this preseason. I dont really care. We have a 16 game season, we dont need him for preseason. THey are playing this smart. Parker is a HUGE piece to our success. He Is 2nd on top running backs to me, behind tomlinson. Idk if you guys read the recent article parker was in. He ssaid he wants to be better than tomlinson....In this offense, he will. :)

rog
08-07-2007, 10:48 AM
I dont kno if he'll play this preseason. I dont really care. We have a 16 game season, we dont need him for preseason. :)

I agree we don't need him to play in the preseason but it would be good for him to get some carries just to be in game sit. and hit some holes. Game speed is so much faster than practice.

19ward86
08-07-2007, 11:41 AM
offense was the more impressive side of the ball since we dont blitz in preseason.

SteelerFanInCA
08-07-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm looking forward to the new offense as well. I can see us actually putting up a lot of points on the board.

Does anyone know how Willie Parker got hurt? Or if there is already a thread on this that someone could point me to?

fansince'76
08-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Well, I'm glad the new scheme meets with Coach Ward's approval. I love ya Hines, but please shut it already.

steelpride12
08-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Well im happy they left Parker out and if it takes all of Pre-Season for him to get better than lets keep him out. We can't afford for this short term injury to become worse and i know he will be ready for the regular season to be the good ol parker we all know and love.

BettisFan
08-07-2007, 02:53 PM
will the injury effect willie?

steelpride12
08-07-2007, 02:53 PM

Lets hope not, but i doubt it will because its not that serious.

The Duke
08-07-2007, 02:57 PM

Even if it does *knocks on wood* we would have great backups for him, we saw a glimpse of that on sunday.