PDA

View Full Version : Quinn agrees to 5-year deal with Browns

ChronoCross
08-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Quinn agrees to 5-year deal with Browns

The Brady Quinn saga is now officially over.
The rookie quarterback has agreed to terms on a five-year deal with the Cleveland Browns, FOXSports.com has learned.The deal, which was agreed to Tuesday morning, has not yet been signed.
The two sides are still trying to work out the final details of the agreement, but Quinn was en route to Cleveland to join his teammates on Tuesday.
The No. 22 pick in this year's draft out of Notre Dame, Quinn had been working out in Tempe, Ariz. at Athletes Performance Institute, and last week said he was hoping his holdout would end soon.
His hopes have now been answered.

Contract terms of amount not yet known..

BettisFan
08-07-2007, 01:15 PM
omg finally i did not think it would end this early wow i wonder how much he got

rog
08-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Wow now the browns will get to suck with him.

TackleMeBen
08-07-2007, 01:37 PM
wonder if he is going to fade like tim couch ??? oh wait couch is making a comeback..lol

83-Steelers-43
08-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Figures for the deal.....

Contract could be worth up to $30 million with incentives
ESPN.com news services
Updated: August 7, 2007, 1:39 PM ET

Brady Quinn has agreed to a five-year contact with the Cleveland Browns worth $20.2 million, with $7.75 million guaranteed, ending his holdout.

The deal could grow to $30 million over five years with incentives.

Quinn, who was on his way to Cleveland to join his teammates on Tuesday, had been working out at an athletic training facility in Arizona while his contract was being negotiated.

But Quinn, the No. 22 pick overall in the NFL draft, is unlikely to become the Browns' starting quarterback, as incumbents Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson have taken all of the snaps in training camp and are in close competition for the starting job.

Quinn's signing leaves two first-round picks -- Oakland quarterback JaMarcus Russell, the top overall selection, and cornerback Darrelle Revis of the New York Jets, the No. 14 choice -- without contracts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2964653

SteelCityMan786
08-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Man, this salary shows how badly overrated he is. He's worth no more then base salary per year.

Mosca
08-07-2007, 02:04 PM
I call flop. But a lot of folks in the know don't think this kid is going anywhere.

Tom

SteelCityMan786
08-07-2007, 02:05 PM
I call flop. But a lot of folks in the know don't think this kid is going anywhere.

Tom

He should be cut him now if the Browns know what is good for them. But knowing that franchise, they don't. Quinn should just retire. He's going play like he is overrated every game.

Counselor
08-07-2007, 02:10 PM
It's really too bad the holdout lasted so long. I was really hoping that the Steelers would have the privilege of given QB BQ his first NFL drubbing.

SteelCityMan786
08-07-2007, 02:22 PM
It's really too bad the holdout lasted so long. I was really hoping that the Steelers would have the privilege of given QB BQ his first NFL drubbing.

we might still smack him down in the first game against him that counts.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-07-2007, 02:36 PM
wonder if he is going to fade like tim couch ??? oh wait couch is making a comeback..lol

lol......funny stuff......Only one thing Tim Couch never had an offensive line to keep him in his feet...lol The Browns did spend the 3rd pick in this past draft on LT Joe Thomas who is a beast......They also signed Eric Steinbach in free agency....So I would see this current Browns Oline is better then any Oline Couch had...lol Plus crackhead Jamal Lewis even though he is on the downside of his career is the best RB the Browns have had since they have been back in the NFL.....I do think Quinn is vastly over-rated but at least he has some help were Tim Couch never did...lol Plus Quinn has our boy Braylon to throw to......and Soldier Boy...lol

nicesteel4life
08-07-2007, 03:27 PM
QUINN will be like every other thing in Clevland, Stink the place up! Seriously, he will be another flop and hopefully he gets in there quick so we can smack him with some black n gold !!!

SteelerManDanTeix
08-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Look I watched brady quinn get walked all over in college and he is way overrated I will tell you somethin though for some reason the girls think he is to die for so i guess he has that to go for so he probably shouldnt play against the steelers cause he made need some reconstructive surgery after hes done pretty boy shitty QB

BettisFan
08-07-2007, 03:39 PM
the browns are going no where and fast

steelpride12
08-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Thank god i was hoping for some fresh meat for the steelers hehe!

SteelCityMan786
08-07-2007, 03:44 PM

I'd like to see woodley drop a huge hit on him.

fansince'76
08-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Look I watched brady quinn get walked all over in college and he is way overrated I will tell you somethin though for some reason the girls think he is to die for....

Of course, they also frequently use the phrase "too bad he's gay" when referring to him:

http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/brady%20quinn.jpg

The Duke
08-07-2007, 03:47 PM

That's the spirit :tt02:. On the first browns-steelers game we beat up Anderson, on the second we beat up Quinn

revefsreleets
08-07-2007, 05:31 PM
I have a few thoughts. Quinn will have no excuse. The Browns have addressed their OL. They bought skill players. If he fails, it'll be because he sucks.

As for the contract, this is clearly a compromise. The guaranteed money is the key. He thinks he's a top 5 pick, but those guys are getting 25 mil guaranteed money now. It sounds to me like he was able to negotiate a top 15 contract from #22, and the Browns did the smart thing by loading the contract with performance incentives. It's smart because if he hits them, the Browns even get a little salary cap relief because they weigh expected incentive bonuses versus unexpected bonuses differently.

j-dawg
08-07-2007, 06:33 PM
I have a few thoughts. Quinn will have no excuse. The Browns have addressed their OL. They bought skill players. If he fails, it'll be because he sucks.

As for the contract, this is clearly a compromise. The guaranteed money is the key. He thinks he's a top 5 pick, but those guys are getting 25 mil guaranteed money now. It sounds to me like he was able to negotiate a top 15 contract from #22, and the Browns did the smart thing by loading the contract with performance incentives. It's smart because if he hits them, the Browns even get a little salary cap relief because they weigh expected incentive bonuses versus unexpected bonuses differently.

good post... it looks like savage did give him top 15 money, but i'm glad it's laden with performance incentives... i'm still skeptical myself on quinn...

Edman
08-07-2007, 06:43 PM
I wonder what happened to Charlie "Better than Ben" Frye? The savior many Browns fan said would be better than Ben R. once he was drafted?

ChronoCross
08-07-2007, 06:45 PM
I wonder what happened to Charlie "Better than Ben" Frye? The savior many Browns fan said would be better than Ben R. once he was drafted?

So far he is there starting for game 1.

3litenemesis
08-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I really don't think he is as good as everyone thinks he is. We will see what happens.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-07-2007, 10:17 PM
He's overrated and thinks his shit don't stink simply because he was the quarterback of a school that hasn't won a bowl game in over a decade,Notre Dame.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I really dont see Quinn being much in the pros and apparently neither did the 20 NFL teams who passed him up but I guess the Browns wanted to return to their roots with their drafting after taking two fairly succesful first rounders the past two years.

j-dawg
08-08-2007, 12:35 AM
I really dont see Quinn being much in the pros and apparently neither did the 20 NFL teams who passed him up but I guess the Browns wanted to return to their roots with their drafting after taking two fairly succesful first rounders the past two years.

well, savage did draft joe thomas first.... so i think they're still in the "fairly succesful" category.

Preacher
08-08-2007, 01:23 AM

Well...

If that was the case... Willie Parker would not be any good either. Neither would Ward

BettisFan
08-08-2007, 02:44 AM
i really hope timmons can get a sack on quinn

stillhead
08-08-2007, 08:34 AM
they wanted to hurry up and get him signed because rumor has it he knows a little about plumbing and the browns stadium toilets haven't been working since the kenny chesney concert. some friends who couldn't get tickets to the show at heinz went to cleveland and said they shut down the restrooms after the toilets and sewer system over erflowed. even their stadium has become sick from the horrible football played there on a weekly basis. :tt02:2007 Cleveland Browns Special Report

Jman
08-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Well, not sure what this means really. Does it mean the Browns will improve? Who knows...or rather, who cares?

SCSTILLER
08-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Quinn is goint to be like the last great QB to come out of ND, Rick Meier!

SteelFist
08-08-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm sure Frye will be the starter come opening day. You would think that these rookie QB's would have learned from Philip Rivers. Holding out can hurt you.

I hope Frye doesn't turn out like Drew Brees.

83-Steelers-43
08-08-2007, 09:54 AM
And in other Cleveland Brown news.....

After seeing the shocking pictures of Quinn and his 'buddies' at the golf course and now reading and hearing about the Quinn signing, Cleveland's center has retired.

j-dawg
08-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Well, not sure what this means really. Does it mean the Browns will improve? Who knows...or rather, who cares?

well, this might be obvious... but... i care. :cheers:

SteelCityMan786
08-08-2007, 10:58 AM
And in other Cleveland Brown news.....

After seeing the shocking pictures of Quinn and his 'buddies' at the golf course and now reading and hearing about the Quinn signing, Cleveland's center has retired.

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

I heard the entire O-Line has threatend to leave camp if Quinn is not released.

rbryan
08-08-2007, 11:35 AM
I know it probably won't happen now, but I hope he's the starter on opening day.

At least BQ can take his guaranteed money and start up that Village People cover band he's always dreamed of after this football thing plays itself out.

YYYYYYYY M C A

BettisFan
08-08-2007, 11:55 AM
oh yea for sure why would a rookie start right off the bat that never happends well not usually, i dont know what will happen with quinn, he is so overrated though

warddj86
08-08-2007, 05:40 PM
good he'll need every cent of that 20.2 mil to pay his medical bill after he gets crushed by the steelers d week 1

BettisFan
08-08-2007, 06:38 PM
he wont be starting!

pittsburghp8baller
08-09-2007, 12:38 AM
its about time he signed. im still pissed on how he goes from playing on my favorite college team to going on to my most hated team in all of sports. im hoping after the five years are up he will go somewhere that i can actually root for his team to succed. i know he isnt goin to be a bust. i wish him all the success in 14 of his 16 games. when he plays the steelers the only numbers i hope are high are INT and Sacks

BettisFan
08-09-2007, 12:56 AM
yea bettis went to ND i dont know if i should love them or hate them!

SCSTILLER
08-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Question: Did the Browns have to pay Quinn the $75 asking price for his autograph so that he could sign the contract, or did he give them a freebee?

SteelCityMan786
08-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Question: Did the Browns have to pay Quinn the $75 asking price for his autograph so that he could sign the contract, or did he give them a freebee?

That price was his guaranteed money.

steelpride12
08-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Ha im still very confused...did they actually sign Queer to get better......Naaa just dreaming again sorry.

j-dawg
08-09-2007, 12:21 PM
nope, i think they signed him to hold a clipboard for the season....
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/clipboardcopy.jpg