PDA

View Full Version : Browns Organization (and fans?) snub Hickerson at HOF ceremony?

Edman
08-07-2007, 07:15 PM
http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=368712&originalStoryID=368720&r

One of their all time greats is being inducted, but not one staple face of the organization shows up. Cleveland is only a few miles away in the very same state, and they only send...The VP of administration. Where are the Lerners? Where's the Browns' Brass?

The discussion thread here:
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=68#S=68&F=1897&T=803478

SteelCityMan786
08-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Whoa, really classless move.

zoneblitz43
08-08-2007, 01:23 PM
congratulations to Mr. Hickerson for the induction, shame on the Browns owners and management for not showing up. wait a minute, the team he played for moved to Baltimore. nevermind.

j-dawg
08-08-2007, 03:46 PM
congratulations to Mr. Hickerson for the induction, shame on the Browns owners and management for not showing up. wait a minute, the team he played for moved to Baltimore. nevermind.

man, that subject is tired and old, the history stayed in cleveland. what's so hard to understand about that? :dang:

rbryan
08-08-2007, 04:50 PM
I feel bad for the guy. If he is worthy of the HOF why wait till he is so old that he doesn't even know whats going on to give him the nod.

I think you either make it or you don't within the first 5-10 years of eligiblity. If it takes longer than that then you must not be HOF worthy. For as much crying there is about players who should be there, I think there are too many that don't belong.(case in point Michael Irvin,regardless of his off field garbage, making the pro bowl 5 times doesn't make you HOF material) The HOF is starting to remind me of one of these stupid azz NFL network "Top Ten lists"

CantStop85
08-08-2007, 06:48 PM
I feel bad for the guy. If he is worthy of the HOF why wait till he is so old that he doesn't even know whats going on to give him the nod.

I think you either make it or you don't within the first 5-10 years of eligiblity. If it takes longer than that then you must not be HOF worthy. For as much crying there is about players who should be there, I think there are too many that don't belong.(case in point Michael Irvin,regardless of his off field garbage, making the pro bowl 5 times doesn't make you HOF material) The HOF is starting to remind me of one of these stupid azz NFL network "Top Ten lists"

Alongside the Hall of Fame Committee is the Seniors Committee. In order to assure that older players are considered, the Seniors Committee (made up of nine veteran members of the overall selection committee) name two nominees from the pre-1982 era to be included in the 17 finalists.

So basically, the committee is forced to at least take into consideration these older players.

revefsreleets
08-09-2007, 05:01 PM
I think it's just been so long since anyone recognized any Brown as being anything other than mediocre, the Browns simply had no idea how to properly react.

fansince'76
08-09-2007, 05:03 PM
I think you either make it or you don't within the first 5-10 years of eligiblity. If it takes longer than that then you must not be HOF worthy.

Bingo.