PDA

View Full Version : Will Willie play on Saturday?

FastWillieParker39
08-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Willie as in Willie Parker. Just wanted to know if Willie Parker is playing Saturday night against the Packers. I really hope he does, I really like Parker and want to see him play.

If he's not playing Saturday, well will he come back?

Thanks!

The Duke
08-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Nope, http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_521259.html

SteelCityMan786
08-08-2007, 09:56 PM
I wouldn't rush him back anyway. If we CAN get him back though for no later then the Washington Game, I feel that would help the Steelers A LOT considering he would have 3 games under his belt going into Cleveland.

FastWillieParker39
08-08-2007, 11:19 PM
ahhhhh that sucks. I really wanted to see him play here soon.

Thanks for the info though guys!

bradness113
08-08-2007, 11:21 PM
hey guys,

unfortunately no, willie will not be playin on sat vs the packers. #1 i talked to him on the phone today (we are friends) and he said he'll be back in practice on monday, #2 Tomlin said that he is on day 11 of his 14 day break, which would place him to come back on monday. i told him that we cant afford to lose our Weapon X this season, so he has to take it easy and just take care of himself. Preseasons not that important, but I too would like to see him in this new offense. I suspect big things from ma boy willie this year. Look for him to be used like LT. Catchin the ball all over the field, and ofcourse running by everyone. He is fine, knee is good, but tomlin and the coaching staff is being smart with not only him, all the other guys who r "injured". We were set w/ 5 preseason games this year, and a camp that started early, we dont need to kill our gamebreakers before the season starts.

Patience friends....Fast Willie will be back in action soon enough....

:) :helmet:

Katmandu
08-08-2007, 11:33 PM
No reason to bring FWP back in yet.

We really need to find out who are backups are going to be and the only way to do that is give them reps. :cheers:

Preacher
08-09-2007, 12:29 AM
Hey all,

Just remember, we have 5 Preseason games.

Which means that in a regular year, we are just NOW going into our first game.

I have no problem with him missing two of the next four games. Give him time.

Galax Steeler
08-09-2007, 03:48 AM
He is a huge weapon for us I don't want to rush him back.

SteelerFanInCA
08-09-2007, 11:57 AM
We already know Willie can run so if he has to sit out the entire preseason that's fine with me.

I believe that's what LT of the Chargers does every year anyways. He doesn't play in the preseason. We need Willie fast, healthy and ready to go when we open up against the clowns.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-09-2007, 12:16 PM
I want to see the other young RBs anyway...We know what Fast Willie can do......I want to see Davis and Russell tear up the Pack.....

83-Steelers-43
08-09-2007, 12:21 PM
He is a huge weapon for us I don't want to rush him back.

Neither do I, but I would like to see him get in a few series before the preseason is over. If you go by what FSN Pittsburgh has to say, he should be back practicing by next week.

onthebus36
08-09-2007, 12:22 PM
One article said his injury typically takes 10-14 days to heal so he has a few days left. I agree that there is no sense in rushing him back.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Still three more pre-season games after this for Willie to get some reps before the season starts....No need to rush the guy.....

BettisFan
08-09-2007, 12:34 PM
i say we let him sit our preseason we need to see how everyone else is fairing we now willie is good

83-Steelers-43
08-09-2007, 12:48 PM
i say we let him sit our preseason we need to see how everyone else is fairing we now willie is good

It is possible to make sure Parker is healthy (not rush him back), get him some reps in preseason and still get a good look at our other backs. It's not as if Parker would play the whole game, let alone a whole quarter during a preseason game.

While I have seen what Willie is capable of doing on field in the regular season, it would be nice to get see him in there a few times before the season begins. Sitting him out during the whole preseason (while healthy) is not exactly the smartest decision IMO.

steelpride12
08-09-2007, 09:57 PM
I hope not, i don't think they need to rush anything and make his injury worse.

Preacher
08-09-2007, 11:00 PM
It is possible to make sure Parker is healthy (not rush him back), get him some reps in preseason and still get a good look at our other backs. It's not as if Parker would play the whole game, let alone a whole quarter during a preseason game.

While I have seen what Willie is capable of doing on field in the regular season, it would be nice to get see him in there a few times before the season begins. Sitting him out during the whole preseason (while healthy) is not exactly the smartest decision IMO.

I agree. However, I would like him to sit this and next game... just to allow him to fully heal. That still gives him two games to get some reps and hits in.

83-Steelers-43
08-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Pro Bowl running back Willie Parker practiced for the first time in nearly 10 days and said his knee is feeling fine, but he will not play in the preseason game against the Green Bay Packers tomorrow night and said he might not play next week in Washington, either.

Parker participated in light drills yesterday afternoon, his first work since coach Mike Tomlin surprisingly held him out of practice July 31. But Parker said he is in no hurry to get back on the field because he wants to be sure he does not aggravate the injury.

"I'm all right; I'm not concerned," Parker said. "I overworked [the knee] a little bit, went too hard in the offseason, and, when I got here, my body slowed down because I went so hard. I was overdoing it on the practice field and I needed some rest, some preseason time, to get better."

Tomlin said Parker will be replaced as the starter for the second consecutive game by Najeh Davenport. Neither Tomlin nor Parker has described the exact nature of the knee injury.

"I'm in no rush to play the next game, either," said Parker, referring to the Aug. 18 contest against the Redskins in Landover, Md. "I feel real good, but I'm not going to be stupid or re-aggravate it."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07222/808431-66.stm

83-Steelers-43
08-09-2007, 11:11 PM
I agree. However, I would like him to sit this and next game... just to allow him to fully heal. That still gives him two games to get some reps and hits in.

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

Edman
08-10-2007, 01:07 AM
It's all a matter of patience people. FWP will be back in action. Let him heal. Even if he does play, he probably would get no more than a series.

This means more reps for the backups and more opportunities for Davis and Russell to build on their HOF game performances.

BrowniesSuck.com
08-10-2007, 10:11 AM
We already know Willie can run so if he has to sit out the entire preseason that's fine with me.

I believe that's what LT of the Chargers does every year anyways. He doesn't play in the preseason. We need Willie fast, healthy and ready to go when we open up against the clowns.

I'm with you.

Jman
08-10-2007, 10:43 AM
It would be good to see him bust a long one this Saturday.

SteelFist
08-10-2007, 11:14 AM

I second that. Lets give the rooks a chance to show their quality!