PDA

View Full Version : Bart Scott says he went "easy" on Ben.

Edman
08-09-2007, 11:42 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_521257.html

I say let him brag. He's earned it. It was a clean hit, his Ravens beat us, and pretty badly last year. We took our medicine. Now it's up to the Steelers to redeem themselves. Until then, the Rats can/will talk as much as they please. They were at least classy about it though.

Also, is it just me, or does it seem to me that players from AFC North division rivals love trashing the Steelers in the media? Braylon Edwards, T.J Douche, Carson Palmer, Terrell Suggs, Chad Johnson...

fansince'76
08-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Too bad for them that they won't have BSP to sell them our playbook this year....

X-Terminator
08-09-2007, 12:15 PM
I just read it - it didn't sound much like "bragging" to me. It was a good, hard hit, and he acknowledged it - so what? He was also complimentary of and seems to respect Ben, same with Ed Reed. Sorry, but there isn't anything in this story worth getting upset over, IMO.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Too bad for them that they won't have BSP to sell them our playbook this year....

Plus Bill Cowhers predictable power running offense is now gone to.....I love the power running game to but it was clear when we faced the Ravens that our offense was to predictable....They owned us in every way last year....Which makes me sick since I hate the Ratbirds......I hate Billick,Gay Ray, Suggs,Chris Mac,Bart Scott,Ed Reed and basically every player on that team.....

I can't wait for payback....This year the Ratbirds go down in flames....

fansince'76
08-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Plus Bill Cowhers predictable power running offense is now gone to.....I love the power running game to but it was clear when we faced the Ravens that our offense was to predictable....

Good point, B@GF32 - run on first against 9 in the box for no gain, run on 2nd against 9 in the box for no gain, pass on 3rd-and-long. I'll miss Cowher, but I won't miss that maddening predictability.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Good point, B@GF32 - run on first against 9 in the box for no gain, run on 2nd against 9 in the box for no gain, pass on 3rd-and-long. I'll miss Cowher, but I won't miss that maddening predictability.

I'll miss Cowher to and its weird not seeing him on the sidelines....During the Hall of Fame game I still found myself looking for Cowher on the sideline...lol But he was so damn stubborn at times he drove me nuts...lol He was a great HC no doubt but it was time for a change.......

Virginia Steeler
08-09-2007, 01:27 PM
good for Bart....but really, what's his point? Does he think Ben will fear him more now that he knows he let up a litte? I doubt it....

what do they say about payback? Oh yeah, it is a beeyach.

TackleMeBen
08-09-2007, 01:43 PM
we can just have william gay introduce himself to steve mcnair this season..lol.

onthebus36
08-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Chalk this story up to a slow news day and a sportswriter who just finished ready the "big hit" article in SI.

The Duke
08-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Well...our defense was kinda soft of McNair last year too. Expect his knees to bust with LeBeau's new defense

Edman
08-09-2007, 04:32 PM
I just read it - it didn't sound much like "bragging" to me. It was a good, hard hit, and he acknowledged it - so what? He was also complimentary of and seems to respect Ben, same with Ed Reed. Sorry, but there isn't anything in this story worth getting upset over, IMO.

Nobody is getting upset over anything. Not that I know of. I'm just doing what good Bart is doing....acknowledging.

revefsreleets
08-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Hey, I don't think it was that big of a deal. I weigh 225, and if you put pads and a helmet on me and let me run full speed at a guy and blindside him, I'm gonna jack the guy up, too. It's as easy as stealing lunch money from a little girl.

stillers4me
08-09-2007, 07:36 PM
I didn't take it like I coulda' took it, out of respect for Ben," he said. "I think he's a tremendous player. I think he's good for this league."

I don't mind him saying something like that. As many times as the O-line let Ben down in that game, I really thought at the time that they took the shots when they had them (as they should) but didn't want to see Ben get hurt. I respected that .....even though I can't stand the Ravens.

Paybacks are a bitch.
Steeler Revenge Tour 2007........:jammin:

RoethlisBURGHer
08-09-2007, 10:23 PM
I actually am a big Bart Scott fan,I wish he was in the Black and Gold.

However,I never want to see that hit on Big Ben again.But ESPN can't stop showing it!

83-Steelers-43
08-09-2007, 10:43 PM
I did not see a problem with the hit or his comments. They whooped us. What can you say? I'm not a Bengal fan, so I don't cry and complain when it comes to my QB or try to find excuses for my team losing. I'm sure the overly-protective Ben fans (not Steeler fans, Ben fans) will find a problem with his comments.

It's history anyways. In the past. Get them back this year.

TackleMeBen
08-09-2007, 10:56 PM

However,I never want to see that hit on Big Ben again.But ESPN can't stop showing it!

:iagree: i cringe everytime espn shows it.. but it was a legal hit. so what can you say... but there is always next year (or this year).:tt02:

SteelFist
08-10-2007, 11:43 AM
I say let him brag. He's earned it. It was a clean hit, his Ravens beat us, and pretty badly last year. We took our medicine. Now it's up to the Steelers to redeem themselves. Until then, the Rats can/will talk as much as they please. They were at least classy about it though.

Also, is it just me, or does it seem to me that players from AFC North division rivals love trashing the Steelers in the media? Braylon Edwards, T.J Douche, Carson Palmer, Terrell Suggs, Chad Johnson...

Oh, its definitely NOT just you my friend. To that list, I'll add Chris McAlister.

We are public enemy No.1. If you were to ask the fans and players of those AFC North teams who their biggest rival is, they would all say Steelers. It amazes me! So I say...Bring 'em on!!

Jman
08-10-2007, 12:00 PM

:iagree: Bart Scott is a tremendous player at LB. It would be awesome to see him in a Steelers uniform.

SteelerFanInCA
08-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Bart Scott made a great hit. There's nothing more to say. Our O line kind of helped him make that great it.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Bart Scott made a great hit. There's nothing more to say. Our O line kind of helped him make that great it.

That's the understatment of the year.

BettisFan
08-10-2007, 05:05 PM
omg come ppl do that so much, u lose and ur like oh i went easy on you

steelpride12
08-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Whatever let that big mouth talk, and well see what he does this year.

Preacher
08-11-2007, 04:44 PM
"Hmmm, I don't know," Reed said. "It was a nice hit. I'm glad Roethlisberger was all right, though, because we don't play to hurt nobody."
Scott insisted he "took a little off."
"I didn't take it like I coulda' took it, out of respect for Ben," he said. "I think he's a tremendous player. I think he's good for this league."
Roethlisberger was not available for comment yesterday. When Sports Illustrated asked him to discuss the hit for a recent article, he declined.

What I really see here is respect for another player... and what he was saying was that he made sure he hit him "Safely" what I mean is that he didn't hit him TOO hurt him, but he put the smack down on Ben.

Good for him... I like both the respect, and the ability to hit. Give the guy his props. I don't consider what he said bragging either.

This year, hopefully we can return the favor!

Jeremy
08-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Some players live in present, some live in the future, but the Ravens will always live in the past.