PDA

View Full Version : Who starts saturday??

Welcome To Smashmouth
08-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Is it Clark or Smith??

I know they split time w/ the 1st team defense in practise, so wouldn't it only be right to let Smith start tonight since Clark got the nod against New Orleans??

I hope so. Clark hasn't been a bad player for us, but I've got a strong feeling Smith pans out to solidify our "other safety" slot for the next several years.

Those two just look so damn perfect alongside one another!

jjpro11
08-10-2007, 01:39 AM
i thought tomlin would rotate starting smith/clark and townsend/mcfadden. but thats just my speculation.

Galax Steeler
08-10-2007, 03:52 AM
I would like to see more of smith I think he is a solid deffensive player.

The Duke
08-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Hopefully Anthony, but I think it'll be Clark. Around the 4th or 5th preseason game I think Smith will start

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-10-2007, 11:32 AM
I think Coach Tomlin wants to start Clark because of the experience factor.

Jman
08-10-2007, 11:35 AM
I think Coach Tomlin wants to start Clark because of the experience factor.

I'd say Clark has the experience factor in his favor, but I do think Smith has made a name for himself in camp because of the hits and play-ability he has displayed. It will be interesting to see who coach goes with.

SteelerTim
08-10-2007, 12:19 PM
I would like to see more of smith I think he is a solid deffensive player.

I think it is a tough decision. Clark is the solid hard hitter who doesn't seem to mind playing second fiddle to Troy. I think he is the solid defensive player. Smith on the other hand looks like he will be an impact player ... causing or getting turnovers and generally wreaking havoc with the opposing offense. That's great but will he be disciplined enough to stay at home and clean up after Troy if necessary??

mental.apparition
08-10-2007, 01:26 PM
From Tomlin's 8/9 press conference before afternoon practice.

Will Smith be the free safety?

I?m not certain of that just yet. You know, that rotation has been different than the offensive line because of, really, continuity purposes. Offensive line has to play together, so we left those guys in there for an extended period of time, whereas Ryan and Anthony Smith have essentially been rotating on a day-to-day basis, even on a drill-to-drill basis, in terms of who?s running with the first team, who?s running with the second team. So, to me, that is really less of an issue that what was going on with the offensive line for obvious reasons.

Are they 1 and 1-A?

At this point, yes.

delhess
08-10-2007, 05:52 PM
i think clark is a better choice to play beside troy. he is the smarter of the two, and that is very important, because the position has to play smart, to allow troy to be troy. troy will be all over the field, and an unexperienced player will make bad judgements, and not know what troy's thinking.

my opinion is clark will get the job

steelpride12
08-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Is it Clark or Smith??

I know they split time w/ the 1st team defense in practise, so wouldn't it only be right to let Smith start tonight since Clark got the nod against New Orleans??

I hope so. Clark hasn't been a bad player for us, but I've got a strong feeling Smith pans out to solidify our "other safety" slot for the next several years.

Those two just look so damn perfect alongside one another!

Yes Smith will eventually get the starting nod, but you gotta realize Smith is a great young player out to prove something, but he has not proved himself actually against the pass and until he does that Idk what to think, but i hope we start Smith so he can prove himself. :tt02: